SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Either Oilers win the cup or they lose against the eventual Stanley Cup winner three years in a row. Has that ever happened before? And especially it being three different teams?

Reactions: PuckG

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Have to wonder if FLA dials back some of its rough stuff in fear of putting EDM on the PP. Playing on the edge is a big part of their game. How the refs call the series could have a pretty big influence on things. A tightly called series will favor EDM for sure.

This is I think a good point. The Cats/Rangers series had significantly more penalties and PP's all around than the Dallas/Edmonton series. There's a lot of familiarity with Tkachuk and Bennett and being in the Battle of Alberta for years. They both know each other well, don't think anyone will be goaded into a bad penalty.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Team with the most Canadians always wins.

Oilers in 6.

Hate to say/see it.

Voted Panthers in 7 to jynx the oilers. f*** all other canadian teams but mine. lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Cheering hard for Edmonton but have to go with Florida in six. I think they are just too deep. Their forecheck could really expose the Oilers D.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Skinner has to be over 90 save % for them to win. Oilers pretty stacked for offense but Florida has probably advantage in defense. Goaltending in playoffs for both clubs are about equal with slight advantage for Florida.
the specials teams is a massive edge for Edmonton

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'll say FLA in 6 with not much confidence.

I was expecting Dallas to be the end of the line for EDM & I think the Oilers showed in that series how they can win the final; dominate both special teams, protect the middle 5 on 5, and their nuclear weapons will make plays.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I'm cheering for Edmonton but just don't think they have what it takes to beat the Panthers.

Why is the start times 6pm in Edmonton?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yeah cause you don’t have to live around their fans.
Payback a bitch? Perhaps 🤔
Have to wonder if FLA dials back some of its rough stuff in fear of putting EDM on the PP. Playing on the edge is a big part of their game. How the refs call the series could have a pretty big influence on things. A tightly called series will favor EDM for sure.
they’ve done that all playoffs, already, believe it or not.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Regardless of the result, any questions on McDavid or Drai’s leadership or commitment to the two way game can be put to rest. They’ve done it for a while and against the best team in the Pacific and Central.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm sure most people will pick the Panthers and us Oiler fans wouldn't have it any other way. I thought Florida and Dallas were the favorites going into the playoffs so it'll be another battle and probably a more intense battle because the Panthers are more physical than the Stars so.... bring it on Florida fans, here's to a good clean series and may the best team win.

Reactions: lopper

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The 8pm start (really closer to 830 after pregame bullshit) favors the Oilers a little bit. They will have the equivalent of 630pm start time on the road, while the Panthers will basically be feeling like its a 1030pm start time.

Florida being a better road team maybe offsets that a little bit, but it could become a factor.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Now I gotta find a Barkov jersey in South Florida and when I'm in Edmonton next week on a trip... a Draisaitl jersey. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad