SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Read your pregame thread on HFOilers, I stopped after about 6 pages, lol

If you guys thought it was an even matchup, you would be a little more respectful to a very good and accomplished Panthers squad, that knows what it takes.
There's been nothing but respect for the Panthers right off the bat in the pregame thread.

Reactions: Panteras

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Maybe. Back in 2022 though it wasn't that he was running around so much.... It's that the Oilers ignored him so badly that he became a non-factor.
he spent more time trying to get the oilers to react but they were winning so easily it was a waste of time. he hasnt changed that much he will try his scummy holding and slew footing mcdavid. only difference is maurice is smart enough not to put his slow ass out when 97 is out there

Reactions: Kerberos

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
he spent more time trying to get the oilers to react but they were winning so easily it was a waste of time. he hasnt changed that much he will try his scummy holding and slew footing mcdavid. only difference is maurice is smart enough not to put his slow ass out when 97 is out there
;) As the avatar asks, “Why are you so pissy?”:)

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Question for Panthers fans, how does Maurice run his PK strategy? How effective do you think it will be vs Oilers PP?

I wouldn't say overtly aggressive, but it's physical at times with being able to block passing lanes. Most times they've been able to take away open ice too.

Reinhart with Barkov is our clear #1 PK forward lineup.
Then you got guys like Loustar and Stenlund who also excel on the PK.
Lundell is no slouch either.

Ekblad still pairs with Forsling and IIRC I know Kulikov and Mikkola pair up as well.

They've been able to smother the #1 option in most games, only with Stamkos being able to beat Bob a few times with his one timer.

Vs Edmonton will be another challenge. I thought the Lightning was going to be a big test, and for the most part the Panthers did a very good job.
But vs the Oilers you got the #1 player in the league and Leon who LD is right behind him and Bouchard that is on fire. So, the Panthers will have their hands full.

Barkov's faceoffs took a plunge after taking a puck to the hand, and winning the defensive zone draws will be crucial to make the Oilers reset and have to battle to get back into the offensive zone.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I wouldn't say overtly aggressive, but it's physical at times with being able to block passing lanes. Most times they've been able to take away open ice too.

Reinhart with Barkov is our clear #1 PK forward lineup.
Then you got guys like Loustar and Stenlund who also excel on the PK.
Lundell is no slouch either.

Ekblad still pairs with Forsling and IIRC I know Kulikov and Mikkola pair up as well.

They've been able to smother the #1 option in most games, only with Stamkos being able to beat Bob a few times with his one timer.

Vs Edmonton will be another challenge. I thought the Lightning was going to be a big test, and for the most part the Panthers did a very good job.
But vs the Oilers you got the #1 player in the league and Leon who LD is right behind him and Bouchard that is on fire. So, the Panthers will have their hands full.

Barkov's faceoffs took a plunge after taking a puck to the hand, and winning the defensive zone draws will be crucial to make the Oilers reset and have to battle to get back into the offensive zone.

Hopefully the week off will help Barkov.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
5th year in a row a team from Florida is in the cup finals. Time for little Brother to finally get a cup unless the ladies in the stands in Edmonton want to step their game up to motivate the players. They aren't going to beat the panthers with 12 shots.

Last edited:

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Florida has better goaltending and D. More depth imo. I think their third lines contribute more.

So indeed it will come down to whether McDrai can be super human.

No love for Hyman, Nuge, Holloway who have all been excellent? Or how Bouch-Ek have been the best d-pairing in the playoffs?

I mean, yes, a LOT of it will depend on McDrai, but this not a 2 man team.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
It's very difficult to see how the Oilers have any chance against Florida, outside of McDavid and Draisaitl the Panthers are the better team in every aspect. Florida's depth and overall roster is much more balanced than Oilers' and I don't think they have a single line that would be better than the corresponding Florida line, excluding if they decide to play Drai together with McDavid.

Florida has managed to shut down every superstar so far in their playoff run; Kucherov zero goals, Pastrnak 1 goal, Marchand zero goals, Panarin 1 goal, so why would you think they can't contain McDavid and Draisaitl as well.

Also the Panthers system and style of play is perfect against a team like the Oilers, where they'll play a very structured HARD forechecking game with all four lines rolling at you constantly, and they've played that system for two full years now so it really is their identity.

The Oilers might have a chance if they get to play on the PP alot, but Florida took 3 minor penalties per game against the Rangers so it's not like they actually take a ton penalties like some think, and they've definitely cleaned it up a lot compared to the regular season.

I would not be surprised to see the Panthers sweep this series but my best guess is Florida wins 4-1.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
maybe if the hometown paper says it, some won’t simply scoff when they hear it.

“But the Florida Panthers are not the Calgary Flames. The Panthers are for real. If the Oilers thought Los Angeles, Vancouver and Dallas were tough, they are about to move up another weight class to face their toughest opponent yet.”

“They play a harder game than any opponent the Oilers have faced so far, they have more scoring depth than any opponent the Oilers have faced so far and they have better goaltending than any opponent the Oilers have have faced so far.”

“Dallas was content to play a no hitter, Florida is not.”

Going to be a hell of a series.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
How is it only Tuesday? How are there still four more days until game one?!

This is literally torture.
just keep reminding your self that this time allows mcdavid drai and kane to heal from whatever is ailing them so they will be just better than they already have been

Reactions: Duke74 and iam76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad