SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don’t need to see anything to know he isn’t better than Heiskanen, Hughes, or Doughty. The guys you mentioned are all the only elite offensive player on their team this year. The Oilers have 4, and they are often all on the ice at the same time. Good luck with that. Dallas is a better, deeper team than FLA and the Oilers completely shut them down the last 3 games of the series. I don’t think this ends well for FLA unless Skinner completely shits the bed (he might).
He's playing better defense right now than any of the guys you mentioned. And Hughes? Lol. He's an offensive defenseman. Forsling plays better defense than him in his sleep. I watched the Oilers+ Stars series, and wasn't that impressed with either team really. The Stars sat back too much against the Oilers. The Panthers won't. You're gonna see what an aggressive forecheck and neutral zone defense looks like. McDavid and Drain won't have the same time and space they've had.

Also, we had to get through Swayman and Igor to get here. Even Skinner playing at the current level is not close to that level of goaltending. If you don't play elite defensively in front of him, we're gonna get our share of goals. You're way too overconfident right now.

I highly doubt that Florida's forecheck will match what the Stars did. Tbh I see Florida and Edmonton as very similar teams. Florida has the edge in net but the Oilers have more offensive power.
Nobody forechecks as well as Florida. We'll see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh, so the Oilers won the last 2 Cups? Might want to inform Vegas and Colorado about that.
No but he didn’t say or even imply that. The Oilers lost to the last 2 Cup champs not cause of McDavid being shut down, they lost cause their defence wasn’t Cup Worthy.

Still, they gave the Knights a better run for their money than the Cats mustered.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's playing better defense right now than any of the guys you mentioned. And Hughes? Lol. He's an offensive defenseman. Forsling plays better defense than him in his sleep. I watched the Oilers+ Stars series, and wasn't that impressed with either team really. The Stars sat back too much against the Oilers. The Panthers won't. You're gonna see what an aggressive forecheck and neutral zone defense looks like. McDavid and Drain won't have the same time and space they've had.

Also, we had to get through Swayman and Igor to get here. Even Skinner playing at the current level is not close to that level of goaltending. If you don't play elite defensively in front of him, we're gonna get our share of goals. You're way too overconfident right now.

Nobody forechecks as well as Florida. We'll see what happens.
The Stars were a better team than Florida who had a tougher path in the playoffs than Florida, and an aggressive forecheck is what defines the Stars' identity. They did not sit back vs the Oilers at all, and although I'm sure the Florida forecheck is great, it's not as good as what the Stars can do.

But yes we will see how things pan out on the ice. Until then we can have these spirited discussions, which is fun.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
No but he didn’t say or even imply that. The Oilers lost to the last 2 Cup champs not cause of McDavid being shut down, they lost cause their defence wasn’t Cup Worthy.

Still, they gave the Knights a better run for their money than the Cats mustered.

They shut down Kucherov too and held him to only 1.5 ppg.

Must have a different meaning down South.

• Haha
Reactions: 5Hollywood5

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I voted Oilers in 7, but it was my heart voting.

I’d give the Oilers an edge in Special Teams and a modest edge in offence. Based on regular season you’d have to give the Panthers a strong edge in overall defense and goaltending. Style-wise can the Panthers stop McDavid? Can the Oilers handle the Panthers relentless forecheck and nastiness? I honestly don’t know. Will Skinner be “versus Dallas Skinner” or “versus Vancouver Skinner”? Oiler hockey is entertaining hockey win or lose so it should be a fun series regardless.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
They shut down Kucherov too and held him to only 1.5 ppg.

Must have a different meaning down South.
If we hold McDavid to 1.5 ppg that would do the trick IMO, that bum Kooch only outscored McDavid in the regular season, lol, McDavid had how many points versus the Kings? 12 in 5? He has been around 1.5 PPG since then. Not some crazy idea.

Florida isn't going to shut out McDavid, lol, no one has said that, or expects it, we just cant have him going for 3 points a night. McDavid while great as he is, has had instances in the playoffs where he could not outscore the Oilers other issues, its not out of the realm that it could happen again.

And losing to the cup champs isn't a huge flex, we have done it 3 out of the last 4 years too. We will see how it shakes out early in the series as the feeling out begins.

Reactions: Amorgus and Coffey

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
If we hold McDavid to 1.5 ppg that would do the trick IMO, that bum Kooch only outscored McDavid in the regular season, lol, McDavid had how many points versus the Kings? 15 in 5? He has been under 1.5 PPG since then.

Florida isn't going to shut out McDavid, lol, no one has said that, or expects it, we just cant have him going for 3 points a night. McDavid while great as he is, has had instances in the playoffs where he could not outscore the Oilers other issues, its not out of the realm that it could happen again.

And losing to the cup champs isn't a huge flex, we have done it 3 out of the last 4 years too. We will see how it shakes out early in the series as the feeling out begins.
It’s not only McDavid that Florida has to worry about. Surely this is obvious.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It’s not only McDavid that Florida has to worry about. Surely this is obvious.
Of course but he stirs the drink, Drai looks hurt, and your top 5 players are also the only PP unit that has made any hay. Most points are by those players combining to score.

I see lots of 4-3, and 3-2 games in our futures.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
FYI Florida went 2-0 and outscored Edmonton 10-4 in the two matchups this year
Vancouver was 4-0 and outscored Edmonton 21-7 in their four matchups this year
Winnipeg was 3-0 and outscored Colorado 17-4 in their three matchups this year... FYI

Reactions: Coffey

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Vancouver and Dallas both held him to 1.5 ppg and it wasn't enough.
They cant score or defend as well as us, also our PK is #2 behind the Oilers, we have as good of a chance as anyone to improve on those razor thin margins, Vancouver took you to 7, and we should have the best goalie you will have faced this postseason.

Oilers fan expecting a romp, lol hold onto your hats

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
They cant score or defend as well as us, also our PK is #2 behind the Oilers, we have as good of a chance as anyone to improve on those razor thin margins, Vancouver took you to 7, and we should have the best goalie you will have faced this postseason.

Oilers fan expecting a romp, lol hold onto your hats
I honestly don’t see the vast majority of Oiler fans expecting a romp at all.

This narrative is getting overplayed and it’s not actually true.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Boston swept us in the regular season too, none of that matters now.
Yep, it's a whole new season whole new series.
Stuff like regular season head to head, whoever had the toughest path to the finals don't really matter now. Two elite teams battling for the big prize, may the best team win.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I honestly don’t see the vast majority of Oiler fans expecting a romp at all.

This narrative is getting overplayed and it’s not actually true.
Read your pregame thread on HFOilers, I stopped after about 6 pages, lol

If you guys thought it was an even matchup, you would be a little more respectful to a very good and accomplished Panthers squad, that knows what it takes.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

dont forget vasilevskiy too

Reactions: Dread Clawz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad