SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers need some depth scoring. FLA got that in games 1 and 2. Top guys on both sides, really nothing on the scoreboard aside from contributing on the 1st goal in each game. Rodrigues and Carter V with the goals up front for the Panthers. Edm, getting nothing from Henrique, Kane, and others.
I definitely agree, the Oilers need more from their depth guys but no one is scoring for the Oilers at the moment, not even their top guys. They are not going to score if they don't get the puck on net either. I think the Oilers need to be more aggressive getting the puck on net. This has actually been an issue in a lot of their games in these playoffs. There is room to skate out there, where Florida has been great is the middle of the ice in the defensive zone. The Oilers need to get shots and have guys going to the net. Too much passing trying to open up the perfect shot, I don't think that is going to work for them against this team. If they expect to score a lot of pretty goals against Florida, this series will be over by the end of the week.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Despite the 2-0 lead, as a neutral fan of hockey. The games have been fun to watch. WIshing it goes 7 games deep into the summer. Edmonton need to start looking for greasy goals. Shots at Bobo from every angle. Bobo is playing great, but I have seen him lose it in stretches. Stop trying to make the perfect play and just direct shots towards the net, and maybe get some lucky bounces. That is going to be a key if this series goes 6 to 7 games.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Even if it’s 2-0 with Barkovs situation I wouldn’t say anything with a quarantee

If Drai didn’t make that hit it would pretty much feel like series over

That's true; if Barkov misses the rest of the series it could potentially be interested. If he plays, it's not even close to happening.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Despite the 2-0 lead, as a neutral fan of hockey. The games have been fun to watch. WIshing it goes 7 games deep into the summer. Edmonton need to start looking for greasy goals. Shots at Bobo from every angle. Bobo is playing great, but I have seen him lose it in stretches. Stop trying to make the perfect play and just direct shots towards the net, and maybe get some lucky bounces. That is going to be a key if this series goes 6 to 7 games.
Agree 100%. The Oilers need to change their offensive strategy. They have been able to get away with it against other teams so far, but waiting to try and score pretty goals is not going to work in this series.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Well you knew those comments were coming after how arrogant Edmonton fans were prior to finals and game 2

McDavid was supposed to be putting up 4-5 points every night and just do whatever he wants with Florida
Taking the hottest of takes from HF and using them as the face of the fanbase is silly. Anyone with half a brain and no intent to troll was well aware this series would be very tough sledding.

Regardless of that, calling the best player in the world, who has a great playoff resume, a fraud of a player is just lame. That much sodium in one's diet isn't healthy.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
McDud thus far.

Fair or not, legacies are cemented by performing on the big stage. He has one last chance on Thursday. If they go down 3-0, it doesn't matter what he does after that.

This is stating the obvious. But I don't think Skinner should be the goalie going forward. You need a guy to make key saves when you are getting outplayed. And he can never bail his team out enough.They should give up high picks for Saros this summer.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Defense wins championships. The Oilers waiver wire blueline has come back down to earth. They have one top 4 dman and the rest don't even crack any of the 31 other teams bluelines. They're finally being exposed to another level that the Canucks couldn't do.
I agree with you on this one. The back 3 of the Oilers is killing them. Skinner is not the type of G that can take on Bob in a "steal games" contest. Besides Bouchard, the D seems substandard.

Oilers remind me of Lightning this year, minus Vasilevskiy in G, top heavy and D challenged. I am not seeing anyone in the D rotation that is a real #1 besides Bouchard.

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I agree with you on this one. The back 3 of the Oilers is killing them. Skinner is not the type of G that can take on Bob in a "steal games" contest. Besides Bouchard, the D seems substandard.

Oilers remind me of Lightning this year, minus Vasilevskiy in G, top heavy and D challenged. I am not seeing anyone in the D rotation that is a real #1 besides Bouchard.
Oilers have 1 goal in 2 games and people are blaming the D? did you expect back-to-back shutouts?

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Agree 100%. The Oilers need to change their offensive strategy. They have been able to get away with it against other teams so far, but waiting to try and score pretty goals is not going to work in this series.
I do agree. Against the Panthers, any team that relies on crisp passing to set up the shot will have trouble vs FLA (Lightning had this happen). FLA clogs the middle with bodies and sticks and thrive on deflecting passes.

I think they need to start just collecting shots on goal and charging the net. Get Bob out of his comfort zone

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Taking the hottest of takes from HF and using them as the face of the fanbase is silly. Anyone with half a brain and no intent to troll was well aware this series would be very tough sledding.

Regardless of that, calling the best player in the world, who has a great playoff resume, a fraud of a player is just lame. That much sodium in one's diet isn't healthy.

Sure as heck the fan base hasn’t shown that

Now we are seeing the same base defend that Drai hit when if done to McDavid they’d be on their way to burn down Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad