SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Florida played the Oilers right but I don't feel like they'll sweep. I anticipate a series thats going 6. Edmonton gotta steal game 2. I believe in them but Bobrovsky has just been red hot as of late.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
In the last 40 mins Edmonton only had 2 more shots at even strength.

Oilers looked dangerous throughout the game but Florida got better & ended up keeping the Oilers to the outside more in the second half.

Particularly in the 3rd EDM didn't get much while Florida actually got some good scoring chances.

I guess the positive for EDM is they looked dangerous & are capable of generating quick chances off mistakes (as we know), but I think that 3rd period will be more of what you see from Florida.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
The Oilers are the biggest diving team in the NHL.
Meh cats played undisciplined which was thought to be a problem this series but they got away with it. Oilers had 3 PP and Florida 2 PP. it’s not like the refs were overwhelming calling everything in Oilers favor.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Interesting. Both on the same play created the winning goal.
They barely had the puck all game. Those were defensive mistakes by the oilers. Having too many men deep also gave the oilers 3 breakaways in the first half of the game. Also took some dumb penalties as a result.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Meh cats played undisciplined which was thought to be a problem this series but they got away with it. Oilers had 3 PP and Florida 2 PP. it’s not like the refs were overwhelming calling everything in Oilers favor.
I thought the refs were fine, most egregious thing they did was the non-call on the board on OEL in the 1st, if a Panther did that to McDavid they'd be executed at center ice

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In the last 40 mins Edmonton only had 2 more shots at even strength.

Oilers looked dangerous throughout the game but Florida got better & ended up keeping the Oilers to the outside more in the second half.

Particularly in the 3rd EDM didn't get much while Florida actually got some good scoring chances.

I guess the positive for EDM is they looked dangerous & are capable of generating quick chances off mistakes (as we know), but I think that 3rd period will be more of what you see from Florida.
Agreed. It looked like Florida was rusty. Too many breakaways early on. The Oilers came out hungrier but as the game went on it looked more like how we expected the series to be.
I thought Floridas heavy forecheck caused the Oilers some problems. You could see it especially on the second goal.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad