Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Eh we didn’t even fight against the Stars on the boards. And those guy destroyed us throughout the 90s and early 2000s.

I guess it depends how ornery you guys get haha
No social media then, the amount of dumb online has multiplied exponentially, I assume most of the trolls weren't even alive then.

I remember those battles, great hockey

Reactions: Mase and Coffey

IB

Aug 20, 2009
The Stars were too deep for Edmonton as well.

We were told they were the deepest team in the NHL.
Yep will be interesting to see what happens. The Oilers completely shut down Dallas and Vancouver. Made for low event hockey. Panthers so far have dictated play to every team they have faced.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
No social media then, the amount of dumb online has multiplied exponentially, I assume most of the trolls weren't even alive then.

I remember those battles, great hockey
Oh ya. f*** that hahahah
Twitter, FB, insta, all cancer.

Just HF baby.

Younger people don’t know, but forums are still the most honest and respectable form of communication to others among a fandom.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
How does everyone see the head to head matchup breakdown? I’ll take a crack at it:

Offense: EDM has high-end pieces in McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, RNH, Bouchard. FLA has Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Verhaeghe. Advantage Oilers, easily.

Defense: EDM has RNH up front, who seems to have taken a step forward defensively, and a steady presence on the blue line in Ekholm. FLA has Barkov, Reinhart, and Bennett up front, and not much in the way of defensive standouts on the blue line. I don’t think Ekblad is really all that good in that department. Close, but I’d go advantage Oilers due to overall balance.

Goaltending: Panthers easily.

Depth: Pretty even.

Special teams: EDM, easily.

Verdict: Idk lol. Oilers seem to have the advantage in most areas aside from goaltending, but that’s the one thing that can sink any team. FLA is obviously a strong team overall in their own right. I’m just going to enjoy the show.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and T REX

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
How does everyone see the head to head matchup breakdown? I’ll take a crack at it:

Offense: EDM has high-end pieces in McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, RNH, Bouchard. FLA has Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Verhaeghe. Advantage Oilers, easily.

Defense: EDM has RNH up front, who seems to have taken a step forward defensively, and a steady presence on the blue line in Ekholm. FLA has Barkov, Reinhart, and Bennett up front, and not much in the way of defensive standouts on the blue line. I don’t think Ekblad is really all that good in that department. Close, but I’d go advantage Oilers due to overall balance.

Verdict: Idk lol. Oilers seem to have the advantage in most areas aside from goaltending, but that’s the one thing that can sink any team. FLA is obviously a strong team overall in their own right. I’m just going to enjoy the show.

Please take a look at a guy named Forsling, he's been pretty good.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

You're gonna learn about Gustav Forsling pretty quick. This is simple though. It will come down to who can impose their game more on the other. Florida's forecheck and suffocating play vs. the McDrai show and a couple others trying to open it up. It's a very interesting Final. Yes I know Edmonton has gotten better defensively and are great on the pk, but that's really gonna be the story.

Reactions: Mase and Chaos2k7

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You're gonna learn about Gustav Forsling pretty quick. This is simple though. It will come down to who can impose their game more on the other. Florida's forecheck and suffocating play vs. the McDrai show and a couple others trying to open it up. It's a very interesting Final. Yes I know Edmonton has gotten better defensively and are great on the pk, but that's really gonna be the story.
And he’s gonna learn about having to deal with McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, and Bouchard every single shift pretty quick. Heiskanen is better, Hughes is better, Doughty is better. I don’t see how Forsling is going to be the difference in this series. He ain’t anything the Oilers haven’t already handled.

Reactions: Duke74 and capazzo

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
And he’s gonna learn about having to deal with McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, and Bouchard every single shift pretty quick. Heiskanen is better, Hughes is better, Doughty is better. I don’t see how Forsling is going to be the difference in this series. He ain’t anything the Oilers haven’t already handled.
You'll see. He doesn't have the name recognition, but he's completely shut down Kucherov, Pasta, and Panarin so far.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You'll see. He doesn't have the name recognition, but he's completely shut down Kucherov, Pasta, and Panarin so far.
I don’t need to see anything to know he isn’t better than Heiskanen, Hughes, or Doughty. The guys you mentioned are all the only elite offensive player on their team this year. The Oilers have 4, and they are often all on the ice at the same time. Good luck with that. Dallas is a better, deeper team than FLA and the Oilers completely shut them down the last 3 games of the series. I don’t think this ends well for FLA unless Skinner completely shits the bed (he might).

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Edmonton is a very flawed team who has gone on a heater. There is a team like this every year. Due to that, they better take advantage of their opportunity to ride this and win it now. If they don't, their management will most likely look at this team as good enough to win and run it back next year without making any significant changes.
A heater since November?? They had an above 700 win percentage from November on that’s tops in the league. But go ahead tell us a how it’s just a heater

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I went Panthers in 5. Thinking this series can hinge on refs. Florida is the superior team. If they call clutching and grabbing and don’t allow ekblad to skate 10 ft off line to slow opposing forwards advantage oilers and that can keep it close. If panthers are free to play their game, create crease havoc, Tkachuk Bennett and Cousins can do their physical borderline thing, major advantage Panthers.

overall feel like the panthers style will smother Edmonton. I’d be very surprised to see Florida not win. It would be quite the colossal failure in fact, this is clearly the best team in the league. Built for playoff success.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mike C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad