SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Oilers fans claiming Bouchard is on the same level as Makar/Hughes/Josi is and always has been hilarious. Ekholm is the reason he isn't just another Tyson Barrie.

He absolutely crumbles under pressure and can't handle big minutes. Nobody has really gone after him until now, and I don't see it stopping for the rest of the series now that it's clear he can't handle his emotions.

Good player, solid run, but he's not in the elite tier.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I get what you are saying. But you aren't playing Sharks, Yotes, Hawks, Ducks which dotted the Oilers schedule on the turn around.

The problem is the Oilers thin bench is catching up with them. Panthers just have a great D and are as deep as any team in the NHL
but people have been counting us out for months
2-9-1 in November
down 3-2 to Vancouver
down 2-1 to Dallas
now down 2-0 to Florida

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Can't wait for the Ron MacLean, dear god please stay with us/root for the country, pep talk before game 3.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Cats are similar to Boston. They know how to win; they get it done. Not happy with the Oilers antics. I have not horse in this race, truly; I want McD to win, I want the Cats given their team building, history, they beat the Rags, got a soft spot for Maurice and KO.

With that said, censorship, well, you know, 'phrasing.' EK; '(unconscious) I'm a robot, I'm a robot, I think, I think they may like me, I will ask another question robotically, hmm, maybe he likes me, okay, another robotic question, this one likes me...maybe?'

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
What a fantastic night of hockey

giphy.gif

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
There would be a riot in Edmonton if Draisaitl gets sat. We all know the league wont do ****.
That's the problem. The preferential treatment Edmonton gets because they have 2 Stars. That's one of the most suspendable plays I've ever seen. League needs a class action lawsuit for CTE with that one as evidence if they don't suspend him.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I get what you are saying. But you aren't playing Sharks, Yotes, Hawks, Ducks which dotted the Oilers schedule on the turn around.

The problem is the Oilers thin bench is catching up with them. Panthers just have a great D and are as deep as any team in the NHL. Not many 1 line teams hoist the cup.
Of course we aren't, that's why we're in the SCF and all these people need to come out of the woodwork. Everyone knows the Panthers are a good team, that's why I was confused about the "sleep on the Cats mantra" as if they didn't make the SCF last year.

Even if the Oilers lose its been a very successful season.

• Haha
Reactions: tny760

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Oilers got a 5 minute and game kneeing penalty and should have got 5 and a game for a head shot. But Florida is the dirty team.

I was suprised how unglued the Oilers became. There was also the Bouchard butt-end on Tkachuk right in front of the backside ref (penalty), and the cup check (penalty) & jab in the face (misconduct) at the end. In fairness, the "playing hockey" thing hasn't been working this series for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad