SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
At least Draisaitl has the right idea by taking Barkov out of the equation. The Panthers have several player with an extensive injury history so the Oilers should target these players until the floodgates open. The Oilers have an advantage in toughness so I don't expect that the Panthers can match up in that regard.
Right idea? Not even trying to hide anything, just completely shameless and immoral. Straight out of Marchands playbook.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Oilers are officially in danger. The Cats have come to burn down that side of the river and they have no answer for it.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
They might consider it if Barkov misses the next game.

If Barkov is good to go, there’s no way Drai gets suspended.
They're gonna have to make a call, and Florida likely won't tip their hand until closer to game 3. If I'm Florida, tonight I'm announcing Barkov is questionable for the rest of the series. Force the league's hand to treat is seriously.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
You really think if Barkov is out of series, one of mcdavid/draisaitl wont go down? I can tell you there will be payback in that case. So if I were edmonton fan I rather hope he is not injured.
I really don't think so. It rarely rarely rarely ever happens because the refs go into games saying "we saw it, dont even try retaliating or you'll get ejected" to the locker room pregame.

Teams aren't willing to bury their team for a game in the playoffs for cheap paybacks.

Reactions: heksagon

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
You can talk about the cheapshots and all but the reality is that the problem is the same for Edmonton. Getting this far means shit. It’s a top heavy squad that can’t get it done against any team that can roll multiple lines. Healthy Dallas would’ve been a much better opponent for the Cats.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Oilers team as pathetic as their fans.
They should have been sent packing in round two. They got a huge break and now they are just in way over their head. I hate #97 and #29 because they constantly wine, embellish a ton and are extremely selfish but that being said games like these first two, show exactly what kind of team the oilers are and how useless every single player is when they need to depend on themselves.

Sportsnet has been pumping out article after article talking about how good the coach is and how much depth they have and my personal favourite about McDrai have finally arrived, only to lay rotton eggs two games in a row.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I really don't think so. It rarely rarely rarely ever happens because the refs go into games saying "we saw it, dont even try retaliating or you'll get ejected" to the locker room pregame.

Teams aren't willing to bury their team for a game in the playoffs for cheap paybacks.
Probably not. Barkov is their captain and best forward though. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Panthers take their pound of flesh at some point if the opportunity arises

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Oilers only change was injure Barkov and that's exactly what they did, what is strange it was Draisaitl
I agree. Its not strange at all Mcdavid and Drai sometimes play dirty and on edge idk why other players respect them so much they should play dirty back and im guessing if Barkov is out and it opens up Mcdavid n Drai not being shut down anymore then maybe Chucky or zbennett plays dirty back

But is it a foregone conclusion that Barkov is injured and gone ??

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
tkachuk's stickwork to prevent the mcdavid breakaway was the play of the game
There were so many instances of Florida cutting off a potential scoring chance whether by deflecting pucks, tying up sticks, playing the man, etc. The little things by themselves are what cumulatively contributes to ultimate championships. I M saying this as an Oilers fan. Florida seems very dialed in defensively and backchecking and with a stellar goalie, it will be a tall order for Edmonton to win 4 of the next 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad