Proposal: Savard 50% retained to Oilers for '26 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Legit or are you just trying to will such a trade into existence? :)

I used to like him as a player but haven't watched many Chicago games lately. Does he still have anything left in the tank?
He had back issues last year, so who knows how much he has left. But fair warning about Stan, that kind of stuff has never stopped him in the past.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Savard will be redundant once we pick up Letang so don’t wait for the TDL.

If Oil’s first isn’t available I’d take a gamble on Shane Lachance

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This is about 7 months too early. If healthy, performing well and the Habs out of it, Savard could end up fetching an insane return as a rental. But many, many things can stop that from happening.

The buying teams as well pay a hefty price because at the deadline they know their needs, and they know an ACL injury (for example)to a key player hasn't shattered their hopes.

For all we know now, Edmonton will be out of it by New Years and some surprise team will be actively looking for a Savard type at the deadline.

Reactions: HabsQC and TS Quint

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
lol he got 30 pts once ; a decade ago . He’s now only a shell of his former defensive self. Which was where his true value lied ; the fact that you’re selling him as some offensive force makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously . He’s not a good dman anymore . He plays an elevated role in a depleted d corp and doesn’t really handle it all that well .. not worth near a 1 st to me , maybe an incredibly desperate team that misses out on their prime target around the deadline circles back and improves their offer . Deadline deals can be silly sometimes ( see chariot) .
He’s someone who can compliment a LHD on the second pair or give you a solid 17-18 minutes on the third pair and PK. Those D, especially RHD have always been valuable around the league.

Savard sucks now. Of course so did Monahan and somehow they hoodwinked the Jets into paying a 1st for him.
He sucks according to hfboards-o-meter where if you’re not a superstar you suck and are useless.

As for Savard, this is a discussion that needs to happen after at the least after training camp but ideally at the TDL. I think we need to see where Reibacher, Mailloux and Barron are progressing before doing anything with Savard.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was mostly joking. Habs be in playoff race now with Laine. Most likely.

Probably worse thing could happen to them long term. I was hoping for top 12 pick and being able to deal Savard at deadline. Both not going to happen now

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint and zeeto

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Is David Savard even better than Codi Ceci?

Savard sucks now. Of course so did Monahan and somehow they hoodwinked the Jets into paying a 1st for him.
The RD market is so f***ing awful this year.

It's larsson (won't waive to edmonton)
Savard
Ceci

Ironically, Ceci might be the best possible RD addition edmonton could get at the deadline.

If Calgary wants to cash in this year on Rasmus they'd get a haul

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I was mostly joking. Habs be in playoff race now with Laine. Most likely.

Probably worse thing could happen to them long term. I was hoping for top 12 pick and being able to deal Savard at deadline. Both not going to happen now
In a different division maybe they are in the mix. Unless they upgrade in goal( and d for that matter as it currently isn’t great ; promising for future ) I see them falling short . Overall I like the direction they are headed for what it’s worth . But I think next year is too soon to expect playoffs . Could happen if the stars align , but I think almost everything would need to go right l/avoid injury .

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Oilers are in a position to send away their 1st, that means the season went well despite the backend being questionable. So maybe they work something out with Montreal but I'm not sure if they want to move out from a 2026 1st.
  • They don't have a 2025 1st.
  • From 2016-2023, they only have 1 out of the 7 1st round picks still with their organization. Moving the 2026 1st should be off the table unless something major goes down.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If Oilers are in a position to send away their 1st, that means the season went well despite the backend being questionable. So maybe they work something out with Montreal but I'm not sure if they want to move out from a 2026 1st.
  • They don't have a 2025 1st.
  • From 2016-2023, they only have 1 out of the 7 1st round picks still with their organization. Moving the 2026 1st should be off the table unless something major goes down.

sadly we are win now mode and if the Leon and Bouchard contract talks do not go well, I can see the oilers going all in this season.

the problem is painfully obvious is in net and on the D line

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He’s someone who can compliment a LHD on the second pair or give you a solid 17-18 minutes on the third pair and PK. Those D, especially RHD have always been valuable around the league.

He sucks according to hfboards-o-meter where if you’re not a superstar you suck and are useless.

As for Savard, this is a discussion that needs to happen after at the least after training camp but ideally at the TDL. I think we need to see where Reibacher, Mailloux and Barron are progressing before doing anything with Savard.
He's a defensive guy who doesn't defend very well anymore. He reminds me of Cory Sarich his last few years. Lots of effort, blood and guts guy, but the wheels have fallen off and he's not quick to the puck anymore. He's been well over 3 goals against per 60 at ES for the past 3 seasons. His game is gone.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He's a defensive guy who doesn't defend very well anymore. He reminds me of Cory Sarich his last few years. Lots of effort, blood and guts guy, but the wheels have fallen off and he's not quick to the puck anymore. He's been well over 3 goals against per 60 at ES for the past 3 seasons. His game is gone.
Haven't heard that name in a long time. I was in the same class as his little sister, Didn't talk much but that's what you expect from a Farm boy. Sadly my family moved before he won the cup and the town had the parade.:(

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
We can't even laugh at scintillating's proposals anymore because Kent Hughes absolutely fleeces everyone lol
Don't go overboard. He's sound but isn't a magician. He got a 3d for Allen with 15 months retention, after having 3 goalies for far too long.

If Edmonton is positioned for another run they can probably get better value for a first.
Probably. But deadline prices are always insane.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad