Boston Bruins 2024 Rookie Camp and Prospects Challenge Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Pittsburgh usually does as well I don't know abou CBJ

I thought this post meant they were streaming the games.

According to Haggs, word on the street is Bruins will be streaming this on their website. At least that is what he said on his podcast.
And this post I thought confirmed it.

I asked another Bruins writer who said "news to me"

But it seems like now I may have misunderstood. Did the Bruins not respond to you with a tweet about streaming the prospect challenge at least for game number 1?

Nevermind, looks like the Bruins are streaming a weird golf segment around Trent Frederic instead of hockey. I hope noone watches. I certainly will not.

Stream the damn hockey games, what is the matter with this organization?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Keep an eye on Connor Hvidston guys. I think Anaheim made a mistake letting him go...hoping he has a great rookie camp for you guys.

Hiya, again. Your neighborly Duck fan here again to give info on former Ducks, this time it's former prospect Hvidston. BTW, it wasn't just Anahiem that didn't want Hvidston, it was all teams that didn't want to invest a draft pick on Hvidston as he went back into the draft for the 2024 NHL draft.

Hvidston is an early Sept baby, meaning he was probably the youngest 2022 NHL draft prospect. If he were born a week later, then he would belong in the 2023 draft. He just turned 20 years old yesterday on Sept 11th. In the 2022 draft, Hvidston was drafted in the 5th round as a shutdown LW. Since Connor was drafted, his WHL team converted him to play more at center and he improved scoring over the past two seasons.

Hvidston
YearSeasonCHLGPGAPts+/-G/GPA/GPPts/GP
2021-22D+0 (Age 17)WHL
58​
13​
19​
32​
-5​
0.22​
0.33​
0.55​
2022-23D+1 (Age 18)WHL
59​
21​
44​
65​
15​
0.36​
0.75​
1.10​
2023-24D+2 (Age 19)WHL
53​
27​
32​
59​
12​
0.51​
0.60​
1.11​

HvidstonFO & SOG
YearSeasonGPFOWFOAFO%SOGSOG/GP
2021-22D+0
58​
466​
1024​
45.5%​
108​
1.86​
2022-23D+1
59​
535​
1177​
45.5%​
141​
2.39​
2023-24D+2
53​
510​
982​
51.9%​
130​
2.45​

Hvidston transformed from a shutdown winger and into a scoring, two-way forward who can play center or take faceoffs. Although his scoring rate didn't have a jump in his D+2 season, his goal scoring rate did. More on his D+2 season below from Jim Johnson, the Ducks Dir of Player Dev.

Here's what Ducks Dir. of Player Dev said about Hvidston on a May 29, 2024 prospect update article:

Connor Hvidston
One of the youngest players in the draft when Anaheim tabbed him 139th overall in 2022, and still several months shy of his 20th birthday, Hvidston has battled through injuries to become a strong NHL prospect. The two-way forward scored over one point-per-game for the second straight year with Swift Current, finishing with 27 goals and 59 points in 53 games and helping the Broncos to the second round of the WHL Playoffs.
"I really feel bad for Connor," Johnson said. "He had a tough year this year with his injuries after a big summer last year. I think he gained 15 or 17 pounds last summer. He put in a really good summer of training and then in hurt his back in camp. He missed all of training camp and all of rookie camp, then re-injured his back testing in Swift Current. He got off to a slow start with his back injury and only played 53 games this year. He also had an appendectomy and unfortunately he never really got his weight back [before the season ended] and he lost all the strength that he gained. He battled with that all season long and unfortunately there was nothing he could have done to prevent this. He tried to do everything he could. He's got great work habits. He's a great kid.
Despite the rollercoaster campaign off the ice, Johnson and the Ducks brass was impressed with Hvidston's resolve and determination, ultimately producing strong offensive numbers in a trying situation.
"He battled with injury, battled with his strength and his energy levels just weren't right, but he still ended up with 59 points and 27 goals. He can play in traffic, has a sky-high skill level and good hockey IQ. He's got great vision. His skating speed I believe is deceptive and he surprises guys. I saw him last year score the goal of the year in the Western Hockey League, beating the guy wide and taking it across the net.
"He's just got to again rebuild his body. It's a really important summer for Connor because of the year he had and so he's got to regain all the strength that he lost , gain it all back and gain some more. So he's got a big off season in the summer to get to where we believe he can be, but he'll be a guy that we want to really concentrate on over the summer and make sure that he's doing all the right things. So he comes in and has a healthy start of the season."

While the Ducks Dir of Player Dev might love Hvidston, the Ducks GM does not.

IMO, Hvidston showed more than enough promise to earn an ELC as his productions reflect that of a prospect drafted in the 2nd round. The reasons why the Ducks didn't extend him an ELC is a mystery. Hvidston went back into the draft for the 2024 draft and no one drafted him. That his the oddest part, no one took a gamble on Hvidston even with a 7th round pick. A team could own his rights for two seasons and see where his development might become.

I have two theories. First theory could be Hvidston's back issues are serious issues, but only the Ducks would have intimate knowledge of how severe the back issues might be. Yet, as their Dir of Player Dev denoted, Hvidston still found a way to put up high productions as well as lead the team in scoring in last year's playoff run with the Swift Current Broncos. The first theory is difficult to accept on a league-wide basis, considering the #4 overall in the 2024 draft, Cayden Lindstrom, also had back issues this past season in the WHL.

The second theory is that Hvidston was the probably the prospect that sent a complaint to the NHL that the Ducks were encouraging him mafia style to participate in unofficial workouts in Florida last summer. Anaheim got fined for the infraction as well as received negative publicity for the infraction. Out of all of the Duck prospects participating in workouts in Florida last summer, Hvidston was the only one without an ELC (Entry Level Contract). Prospects/players have to pay their own way and housing to unofficial workout destinations; having an ELC also means you got some bonus money or are already getting paid for the ELC, which makes "the encouragement" from the org much easier to swallow. All teams probably figured out that Hvidston was the snitch and the Ducks didn't use any of their plethora of picks to re-secure the rights to Hvidston.

I'm glad a team has decided to give Hvidston a chance. No idea if the prospect rookie tourney is enough time to impress a GM who doesn't know much about Hvidston, though.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Hiya, again. Your neighborly Duck fan here again to give info on former Ducks, this time it's former prospect Hvidston. BTW, it wasn't just Anahiem that didn't want Hvidston, it was all teams that didn't want to invest a draft pick on Hvidston as he went back into the draft for the 2024 NHL draft.

Hvidston is an early Sept baby, meaning he was probably the youngest 2022 NHL draft prospect. If he were born a week later, then he would belong in the 2023 draft. He just turned 20 years old yesterday on Sept 11th. In the 2022 draft, Hvidston was drafted in the 5th round as a shutdown LW. Since Connor was drafted, his WHL team converted him to play more at center and he improved scoring over the past two seasons.

Hvidston
2021-22D+0 (Age 17)WHL
58​
13​
19​
32​
-5​
0.22​
0.33​
0.55​
2022-23D+1 (Age 18)WHL
59​
21​
44​
65​
15​
0.36​
0.75​
1.10​
2023-24D+2 (Age 19)WHL
53​
27​
32​
59​
12​
0.51​
0.60​
1.11​

HvidstonFO & SOG
2021-22D+0
58​
466​
1024​
45.5%​
108​
1.86​
2022-23D+1
59​
535​
1177​
45.5%​
141​
2.39​
2023-24D+2
53​
510​
982​
51.9%​
130​
2.45​

Hvidston transformed from a shutdown winger and into a scoring, two-way forward who can play center or take faceoffs. Although his scoring rate didn't have a jump in his D+2 season, his goal scoring rate did. More on his D+2 season below from Jim Johnson, the Ducks Dir of Player Dev.

Here's what Ducks Dir. of Player Dev said about Hvidston on a May 29, 2024 prospect update article:

Connor Hvidston
One of the youngest players in the draft when Anaheim tabbed him 139th overall in 2022, and still several months shy of his 20th birthday, Hvidston has battled through injuries to become a strong NHL prospect. The two-way forward scored over one point-per-game for the second straight year with Swift Current, finishing with 27 goals and 59 points in 53 games and helping the Broncos to the second round of the WHL Playoffs.
"I really feel bad for Connor," Johnson said. "He had a tough year this year with his injuries after a big summer last year. I think he gained 15 or 17 pounds last summer. He put in a really good summer of training and then in hurt his back in camp. He missed all of training camp and all of rookie camp, then re-injured his back testing in Swift Current. He got off to a slow start with his back injury and only played 53 games this year. He also had an appendectomy and unfortunately he never really got his weight back [before the season ended] and he lost all the strength that he gained. He battled with that all season long and unfortunately there was nothing he could have done to prevent this. He tried to do everything he could. He's got great work habits. He's a great kid.
Despite the rollercoaster campaign off the ice, Johnson and the Ducks brass was impressed with Hvidston's resolve and determination, ultimately producing strong offensive numbers in a trying situation.
"He battled with injury, battled with his strength and his energy levels just weren't right, but he still ended up with 59 points and 27 goals. He can play in traffic, has a sky-high skill level and good hockey IQ. He's got great vision. His skating speed I believe is deceptive and he surprises guys. I saw him last year score the goal of the year in the Western Hockey League, beating the guy wide and taking it across the net.
"He's just got to again rebuild his body. It's a really important summer for Connor because of the year he had and so he's got to regain all the strength that he lost , gain it all back and gain some more. So he's got a big off season in the summer to get to where we believe he can be, but he'll be a guy that we want to really concentrate on over the summer and make sure that he's doing all the right things. So he comes in and has a healthy start of the season."

IMO, Hvidston showed more than enough promise to earn an ELC as his productions reflect that of a prospect drafted in the 2nd round. The reasons why the Ducks didn't extend him an ELC is a mystery. Hvidston went back into the draft for the 2024 draft and no one drafted him. That his the oddest part, no one took a gamble on Hvidston even with a 7th round pick. A team could own his rights for two seasons and see where his development might become.

I have two theories. First theory could be Hvidston's back issues are serious issues, but only the Ducks would have intimate knowledge of how severe the back issues might be. Yet, as their Dir of Player Dev denoted, Hvidston still found a way to put up high productions as well as lead the team in scoring in last year's playoff run with the Swift Current Broncos. The first theory is difficult to accept on a league-wide basis, considering the #4 overall in the 2024 draft, Cayden Lindstrom, also had back issues this past season in the WHL.

The second theory is that Hvidston was the probably the prospect that sent a complaint to the NHL that the Ducks were encouraging him mafia style to participate in unofficial workouts in Florida last summer. Anaheim got fined for the infraction as well as received negative publicity for the infraction. Out of all of the Duck prospects participating in workouts in Florida last summer, Hvidston was the only one without an ELC (Entry Level Contract). Prospects/players have to pay their own way and housing to unofficial workout destinations; having an ELC also means you got some bonus money or are already getting paid for the ELC, which makes "the encouragement" from the org much easier to swallow. All teams probably figured out that Hvidston was the snitch and the Ducks didn't use any of their plethora of picks to re-secure the rights to Hvidston.

I'm glad a team has decided to give Hvidston a chance. No idea if the prospect rookie tourney is enough time to impress a GM who doesn't know much about Hvidston, though.
200w.gif

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022

Hvidston
2021-22D+0 (Age 17)WHL
58​
13​
19​
32​
-5​
0.22​
0.33​
0.55​
2022-23D+1 (Age 18)WHL
59​
21​
44​
65​
15​
0.36​
0.75​
1.10​
2023-24D+2 (Age 19)WHL
53​
27​
32​
59​
12​
0.51​
0.60​
1.11​

HvidstonFO & SOG
2021-22D+0
58​
466​
1024​
45.5%​
108​
1.86​
2022-23D+1
59​
535​
1177​
45.5%​
141​
2.39​
2023-24D+2
53​
510​
982​
51.9%​
130​
2.45​

Connor Hvidston

A question about Connor Hvidston and the other names I'm less familiar with who were invitees -

If they do impress are they able to be added to Maine or Providence or is this like a MLB/MiLB thing where the 40 man effects the decisions moreso than the money does? Would adding a player be an easy move or result in logistical issues?

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
A question about Connor Hvidston and the other names I'm less familiar with who were invitees -

If they do impress are they able to be added to Maine or Providence or is this like a MLB/MiLB thing where the 40 man effects the decisions moreso than the money does? Would adding a player be an easy move or result in logistical issues?
The Bruins have 44 of 50 contracts, so at this time, I think they can add to that total.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
any one have a link Please?
Pretty sure this is on the Bruins website.

Not trying to be a punk with the link above but I didn’t see a link to the game itself. There was a twitter post saying it would be available.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Pretty sure this is on the Bruins website.

Not trying to be a punk with the link above but I didn’t see a link to the game itself. There was a twitter post saying it would be available.
That why i asked didn't see anything on the page

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad