Value of: Samuel Girard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's not even remotely true. He's spent his entire career in Colorado as LD outside of occasional games due to injuries elsewhere in the lineup.

As for this thread, given his contract(5.5 more years at 5M cap hit) he is going to be insanely valuable. A Top pairing Dman signed to such a phenomenal contract for the entirety of his prime years is insanely valuable.

He almost certainly wont be traded but if he does, it will shock people at the return Colorado gets, in a flat cap world you're not going to find very many better contracts then what Girard brings.

The offers on the first page like JT Miller and Girard+++ for Eichel dont come close.

Oh my.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Nylander?

Leafs are gonna need a young top 4 once Rielly walks and this would fix the Avs depth scoring a bit. Leafs depth scoring might take an L though but maybe a base to think about with other moving pieces?

I'd do it if the Leafs retained 500k-900k on Nylander's contract. If 900k mil is retained, the Leafs would essentially have Girard @ $6 mil for 3 years, and then $5 mil the remaining 3 years. Both teams need more scoring depth, I don't know what other pieces can realistically be moved that would help the Leafs that are expendable. Would most likely have to bring in a 3rd team or a seperate trade for the Leafs to get the scoring depth.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Laughable take.

23 Year old Top pairing Dman signed for 5 more years at a ridiculously low cap hit.

Ya, Colorado isn't the one adding in that trade :laugh:
For an extended Hertl? Which is what he stated was needed for a trade
The "laughable take" is your assessment to your mans value
Well, Hertl's a 1c

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Well, Hertl's a 1c
The cost of a sign and trade isn’t a top pairing defensemen. Think of Jones for 1st + prospect and stone for 1st + prospect. 3 team not trade? Good luck

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I hate Avs fans right now. The stupidity and desperation is sad.

We still have a young team with a ton of talent. The sky isn't falling just because we haven't won a cup yet and we don't have to desperately push all the chips in the middle just to win the "best roster on paper" wars on hfboards. Just relax and enjoy the ride one way or the other....

Hell no to shipping off Girard for any of the garbage proposals in here.
A young top pairing D on a steal of a contract is worth his weight in gold. Avs shouldn't trade him at all.
Only exception would be for a legit #1 C on a great contract. But no team is trading that anyways...

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well, Hertl's a 1c

Hertl is not a 1C on a cup contender. Not to mention he's coming out of his prime years.

Absolutely insane to think he's more valuable then Girard. Pure, blind bias.

Edit: I just saw your earlier posts in this thread and it explains a lot. You really are clueless.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hertl is not a 1C on a cup contender. Not to mention he's coming out of his prime years.

Absolutely insane to think he's more valuable then Girard. Pure, blind bias.

Edit: I just saw your earlier posts in this thread and it explains a lot. You really are clueless.
Insane is your man love for Girard.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Romanov, Drouin and Lekhonen at 50%, that is very tempting. I think Habs would do it.

After some thought, I think it might be a bit too light for the Avs. I know that might sound egregious, but when you think of the contract, his age, the numbers he’s put up and his talent I think the Avs would be selling low on a very talented player.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Well, Hertl's a 1c

When was the last time an impending UFA returned an asset as significant as Girard? Mark Stone was in a similar situation and he returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. Girard is already a proven Brannstrom signed to a hell of a nice deal. Then you think it's going to be "+++" for the Avs to acquire him? When did Hertl become modern Gretzky?

Reactions: Perratrooper

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When was the last time an impending UFA returned an asset as significant as Girard? Mark Stone was in a similar situation and he returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. Girard is already a proven Brannstrom signed to a hell of a nice deal. Then you think it's going to be "+++" for the Avs to acquire him? When did Hertl become modern Gretzky?

I think it's a pointless conversation to have. The Sharks aren't trading an extended Hertl. The Sharks may not trade an impending UFA in Hertl if they are in or close to a playoff spot. In either instance on the off chance that they did make Hertl available, Girard is not a huge value add to them. He's not a great fit here. The Sharks need a solid #4 that would play well with Karlsson more than they need a Girard-type that you'd want a solid guy on the right to cover for him. Something the Sharks just don't have. But the entire reason for this thread is based on the premise that Girard is expendable. If that's the case, his value contract is diminished and nobody is giving up a 1C of any type for him. If Girard gets moved, it's for a combination of depth roster players, picks, and prospects. That's why he won't get dealt because that doesn't really help the Avs unless they need the cap space.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
i would do the Drouin,Romanov & Lekhonen trade you said yes too

One of those proposals that after thinking about it a bit more, I don’t know it’s quite enough value. I know that might seem insane, but it wasn’t long ago Habs fans were paying to get rid of Drouin. A hot start has helped him a bit, but Lekhonen is worth a third, Drouin a second and Romanov about a first. I don’t think that combined total is quite enough unfortunately.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
I am a Leaf fan and will get roasted by both sides.

I say if you want to change things up and have a mix of experience and youth. You need depth forwards and D surplus. Leafs (may) need a change in their core if the slide continues.

Something centered around Rielly, Marner....Leafs can also add top end prospects (Robertson, Amirov..) or young D as well Liljegren to a package as well.

But then you are talking Girard and a high end guy (Landeskog...) in return.

If it pains both teams then it may be doable.

Tor: Marner, Rielly and Robertson

Col: Landeskog, Girard and an overpaid player for cap relief of your choosing

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I am a Leaf fan and will get roasted by both sides.

I say if you want to change things up and have a mix of experience and youth. You need depth forwards and D surplus. Leafs (may) need a change in their core if the slide continues.

Something centered around Rielly, Marner....Leafs can also add top end prospects (Robertson, Amirov..) or young D as well Liljegren to a package as well.

But then you are talking Girard and a high end guy (Landeskog...) in return.

If it pains both teams then it may be doable.

Tor: Marner, Rielly and Robertson

Col: Landeskog, Girard and an overpaid player for cap relief of your choosing

Landeskog isn’t moving, not only does he have a full NMC, he is the key to everything in Colorado and a heart and soul guy who is the captain and signed an 8 year deal for a reason.

Girard to Toronto could work, but I’m not sure what the trade would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad