Value of: Samuel Girard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Landeskog isn’t moving, not only does he have a full NMC, he is the key to everything in Colorado and a heart and soul guy who is the captain and signed an 8 year deal for a reason.
I wouldnt part with him either. But I dont see MacKinnon or Rantanen being swapped out either.

Would have to be another big part of the deal coming Toronto's way or a third team involved if you are not wanting to move 1 of the top 3

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh: the last thing the Avs are going to do is trade for a significantly overpaid, soft, underperforming winger.

That's probably the absolute last thing we need.

I think Girard would actually be a pretty great fit for Toronto. But we dont want or need Rielly either, and certainly not Marner. Nylander for Girard would be far more interesting, though even then I think given Girard's contract that's a bad deal for the Avs.

Girard would also make sense in Montreal, but they just dont have anything that helps us. They're not going to move Suzuki and that's pretty much where the conversation ends.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I am a Leaf fan and will get roasted by both sides.

I say if you want to change things up and have a mix of experience and youth. You need depth forwards and D surplus. Leafs (may) need a change in their core if the slide continues.

Something centered around Rielly, Marner....Leafs can also add top end prospects (Robertson, Amirov..) or young D as well Liljegren to a package as well.

But then you are talking Girard and a high end guy (Landeskog...) in return.

If it pains both teams then it may be doable.

Tor: Marner, Rielly and Robertson

Col: Landeskog, Girard and an overpaid player for cap relief of your choosing

Jesus.

This might be the worst deal involving the Avs in this thread and that says something considering how awful some of the other proposals involved.

The very last player that the Colorado Avalanche will want to acquire right now is Mitch Marner.

And Morgan Rielly is not far behind considering that he is a horrible fit on our blueline and will want to get paid which the Avs should never and can never do going forward.

Maybe you find a sucker for that horrible Marner contract but it certainly won't be a team like the Avs and I doubt you will like the return..

Dubas waited far too long to shake things up. He should have put one of Marner / Nylander on the block the moment the ink was dry on that Tavares contract.
Dishing out that contract should get him fired. I doubt someone else wants to bail him out for that right now.

The Leafs are horrible trading partner for the Avs unless you consider Nylander to a viable option as a #2 C which I really don't.

Reactions: Newusername

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I wouldnt part with him either. But I dont see MacKinnon or Rantanen being swapped out either.

Would have to be another big part of the deal coming Toronto's way or a third team involved if you are not wanting to move 1 of the top 3

No.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I’d do Girard for Nylander. Seems fair value.

It's not. There would need to be more from Toronto but because of salary, maybe picks or prospects. Positional value and contract play a big part here. It's not even one for one. And thats even if Toronto retains, which I'd also expect.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
:laugh: the last thing the Avs are going to do is trade for a significantly overpaid, soft, underperforming winger.

I think Girard would actually be a pretty great fit for Toronto. But we dont want or need Rielly either, and certainly not Marner. Nylander for Girard would be far more interesting, though even then I think given Girard's contract that's a bad deal for the Avs.

Girard would also make sense in Montreal, but they just dont have anything that helps us. They're not going to move Suzuki and that's pretty much where the conversation ends.

It's not awful because the Avs really need some playmaking below the top line. Once you get past the top line there's little to no cohesiveness or creating. Ideally it should be a center and I'm not advocating the Avs settle for this. But Nylander could help the Avs. There would need to be a plus involved from Toronto. That could also help the Avs.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I am a Leaf fan and will get roasted by both sides.

I say if you want to change things up and have a mix of experience and youth. You need depth forwards and D surplus. Leafs (may) need a change in their core if the slide continues.

Something centered around Rielly, Marner....Leafs can also add top end prospects (Robertson, Amirov..) or young D as well Liljegren to a package as well.

But then you are talking Girard and a high end guy (Landeskog...) in return.

If it pains both teams then it may be doable.

Tor: Marner, Rielly and Robertson

Col: Landeskog, Girard and an overpaid player for cap relief of your choosing
So that's basically Marner and Robertson for Girard and Landeskog because the Avs won't have the cap space to re-sign all their players and Reilly. The Avs have 2 very valuable proven assets with cost certainty for the next 5 years, I can't imagine Avs management thinking this deal makes the team better or closer to a cup.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I

Had to laugh at your concern over Leaf softness when Girard is easy the softest dman in the game. Terrified to take a hit and scared of his own shadow! The wizard of oz couldn’t instill any courage in that coward!

Avs need to adopt Gordon Bombay coaching tactics and duct tape him to the boards and let everyone take a run at him until he overcomes his feat of getting hit!

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I

Had to laugh at your concern over Leaf softness when Girard is easy the softest dman in the game. Terrified to take a hit and scared of his own shadow! The wizard of oz couldn’t instill any courage in that coward!

Avs need to adopt Gordon Bombay coaching tactics and duct tape him to the boards and let everyone take a run at him until he overcomes his feat of getting hit!

He's no JT Compher that's for sure. Compher has a pair of steel cajones.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
When was the last time an impending UFA returned an asset as significant as Girard? Mark Stone was in a similar situation and he returned Brannstrom and a 2nd. Girard is already a proven Brannstrom signed to a hell of a nice deal. Then you think it's going to be "+++" for the Avs to acquire him? When did Hertl become modern Gretzky?
Then get something more of value from a team that can use him. He's a luxury we neither need nor want. Especially at the cost of Hertl. He not be a good linemate for either EK or Burns so he's basically Simck replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad