Samsonov trash talking Ullmark in his instagram comments

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Samsonov is an absolute clown. He was a top prospect, the Capitals were desperate for a Holtby replacement, and they still let him walk for nothing as a would be RFA. If that doesn't say enough about his character idk what will.

I'll never not laugh at the Leaf fans happy with him after 30 decent games or whatever his 1st season in Toronto. He shit the bed in the playoffs and people were still clamoring for him to be the starter. Or now even on his way out saying he seemed like a good dude.

Lmao have fun in Vegas Shitsonov, soon you'll be off looking for snakes with that other clown

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
High danger chances is where he struggled. He will see a lot less of those now.
In his career year, the Leafs ranked 18/32 in terms of HD chances given up (or 14th least, in other words), and Samsonov was actually #1 in the league in HDSV% that year. This past season, he ranked 32nd. He is a volatile goalie who lacks consistency due to flawed fundamentals, this is simply who he is.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Samsonov is an absolute clown. He was a top prospect, the Capitals were desperate for a Holtby replacement, and they still let him walk for nothing as a would be RFA. If that doesn't say enough about his character idk what will.

I'll never not laugh at the Leaf fans happy with him after 30 decent games or whatever his 1st season in Toronto. He shit the bed in the playoffs and people were still clamoring for him to be the starter. Or now even on his way out saying he seemed like a good dude.

Lmao have fun in Vegas Shitsonov, soon you'll be off looking for snakes with that other clown
Someone's been losing too many parlays last year due to Samsonov's poor performance :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I actually had a good system going, bet on the Leafs when Woll was in, against them when Samsonov was in
I swear Samsonov literally roasted dozens of my parlays for me single-handedly in his stay here and to hear his "tomorrow is nother day" media pressers would drive me insane. But I still rooted for the guy.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Curious to know why you think he's overrated. I know many point to him only being good because he was playing in Boston, but if you exclude that one monster season, his final 2 years in Buffalo and 2 of his 3 years in Boston were pretty close

View attachment 900701

In his final two seasons with Buffalo he ranked T-16th in SV% & 19th in GSAA among all NHL goalies with at least 40 games played. You could make an argument that that he was actually underrated coming to Boston and was overlooked because he played for Buffalo.

Now post his playoff stats

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

I am convinced you don't actually watch games. Samsonov was amazing against Tampa despite being injured. Go ahead and re-watch the overtimes in that series. He was a brick wall. He didn't let in anything when it counted and he outplayed Vasi

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I am convinced you don't actually watch games. Samsonov was amazing against Tampa despite being injured. Go ahead and re-watch the overtimes in that series. He was a brick wall. He didn't let in anything when it counted and he outplayed Vasi
And I'm convinced you don't actually watch the games. Clearly you're missing the absolutely back-breaking untimely goals he'd routinely let in.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
And I'm convinced you don't actually watch the games. Clearly you're missing the absolutely back-breaking untimely goals he'd routinely let in.

Are we talking about Samsonov as a whole or Samsonov against Tampa (which was the context of your quote)? Samsonov as a goalie is a headcase who is elite one minute and trash the next. In that playoff series, he played better than Vasi

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Are we talking about Samsonov as a whole or Samsonov against Tampa (which was the context of your quote)? Samsonov as a goalie is a headcase who is elite one minute and trash the next. In that playoff series, he played better than Vasi
Yes even against Tampa he was only good in about half the games. And using Vasi as the measuring stick when he had probably the worst series of his career isn't the flex you think it is

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Now post his playoff stats

If you're comparing a guy vs his peers then its tough to do playoffs since not every team plays in the playoffs. Its a very small sample size and if you looked at playoffs numbers over the last 3 years of guys who have a least 7 games, you're top 5 in SV%

Joseph Woll
Adin Hill
Igor Shesterkin
Jeremy Swayman
Akira Schmid

Not really indicative of how good a goalie is.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If you're comparing a guy vs his peers then its tough to do playoffs since not every team plays in the playoffs. Its a very small sample size and if you looked at playoffs numbers over the last 3 years of guys who have a least 7 games, you're top 5 in SV%

Joseph Woll
Adin Hill
Igor Shesterkin
Jeremy Swayman
Akira Schmid

Not really indicative of how good a goalie is.

Then post his raw stats. Even better, post his stats compared to his partner. He is trash when it counts.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

🤣🤣

Vasi looked like Ben Scrivens in that series.

Reactions: JKG33

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
🤣🤣

Vasi looked like Ben Scrivens in that series.

Do we give credit when he played well or not? Again, I am not debating the quality of goaltending. I am debating the poster who said he was a detriment in that series when he was the better goalie and played well when it mattered in overtimes and elimination games.

Look up his sv% by period if you don't believe me

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Do we give credit when he played well or not? Again, I am not debating the quality of goaltending. I am debating the poster who said he was a detriment in that series when he was the better goalie and played well when it mattered in overtimes and elimination games.

Look up his sv% by period if you don't believe me
he did play well in that series. And hey.....Toronto has to give him some props, Sammy is still the only Maple leaf goalie to win a round since Ed Belfour did it.
Don't believe me , just ask your grandfather.

All kidding aside .....Sammy was good that monumental first round win. Clutch in three OT wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad