Samsonov trash talking Ullmark in his instagram comments

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Do we give credit when he played well or not? Again, I am not debating the quality of goaltending. I am debating the poster who said he was a detriment in that series when he was the better goalie and played well when it mattered in overtimes and elimination games.

Look up his sv% by period if you don't believe me
Sure, but you also have to consider context. If you outscored Einstein on a single pop quiz, does that mean you're smarter or on the same level if you score 15% to his 10%?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sure, but you also have to consider context. If you outscored Einstein on a single pop quiz, does that mean you're smarter or on the same level if you score 15% to his 10%?

Who is trying to say he is better than Vasi? Again, the original quote was he was terrible in that series. If you outscored Einstein using your analogy, my argument is of course I am not as smart but in that contest I was.

It's revisionism to say he was bad. He was better than Vasi and elite when it counted.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Who is trying to say he is better than Vasi? Again, the original quote was he was terrible in that series. If you outscored Einstein using your analogy, my argument is of course I am not as smart but in that contest I was.

It's revisionism to say he was bad. He was better than Vasi and elite when it counted.
He was better than a goalie who had a bad series. You're using Vasi as a point of comparison to make Samsonov seem better than he is/was.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Linux Ullmark's stats are going to tank in Ottawa. He's no longer behind the stingy Bruins Blueline to hide his flaws.

Just watch Samsonov put up better stats than Ullmark next season. Vegas make all their goalies look legit. They're going to make Samsonov look great.

Reactions: Andrei79

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Linux Ullmark's stats are going to tank in Ottawa. He's no longer behind the stingy Bruins Blueline to hide his flaws.

Just watch Samsonov put up better stats than Ullmark next season. Vegas make all their goalies look legit. They're going to make Samsonov look great.

If Sammy brings 2nd half Sammy in front of good D he will do amazing. First half Sammy no defense is sheltering

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
sure, so the most recent playoff stats show Samsanov > Ullmark.

I don't disagree that Ullmark is better, but he's still sucks in the playoffs and looked terrible this year.
"Sucks in the playoffs" makes it sound like you think it's something that's just, like, inherent to him and should be expected to continue. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that no reasonable person would believe that after ten games played. Has sucked in the playoffs, sure.

Anyway this ain't a big deal but I gotta think there's at least a 30% chance that Samsonov was drunk posting.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good. Ullmark is a punk and soft and deserves it. Refused to be a starter on a playoff team and chase a cup as defending Vezina winner so he could hug Swayman. Dug in and screwed the Bruins and made us take on Korpisalo.

"Sucks in the playoffs" makes it sound like you think it's something that's just, like, inherent to him and should be expected to continue. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that no reasonable person would believe that after ten games played. Has sucked in the playoffs, sure.

Anyway this ain't a big deal but I gotta think there's at least a 30% chance that Samsonov was drunk posting.
Ullmark has been horrible for us in the playoffs. Cost us the Carolina series and that team stunk their best player was Anthony DeAngelo. And then couldn’t stop a beach ball vs Florida. If we lost to Toronto playing him would have been a big reason why.

He openly loves Boston so it’s overlooked how bad he screwed us on his way out the door blocking every trade. You think he wasn’t going to add Ottawa to his NTC July 1 and dig in so he could have another year of goalie hugs?

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Good. Ullmark is a punk and soft and deserves it. Refused to be a starter on a playoff team and chase a cup as defending Vezina winner so he could hug Swayman. Dug in and screwed the Bruins and made us take on Korpisalo.

Ullmark has been horrible for us in the playoffs. Cost us the Carolina series and that team stunk their best player was Anthony DeAngelo. And then couldn’t stop a beach ball vs Florida. If we lost to Toronto playing him would have been a big reason why.

He openly loves Boston so it’s overlooked how bad he screwed us on his way out the door blocking every trade. You think he wasn’t going to add Ottawa to his NTC July 1 and dig in so he could have another year of goalie hugs?
What does this have to do with anything I said? No one denies he's been poor in the playoffs. Some people will point to injuries as a reason why. Where it becomes nutty is looking at ten games and deciding that's how he'll perform in the post-season for all eternity because he's just a choker or whatever.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Samsonov was always a bit of a headcase. and seems very self-absorbed with some anger issues..not sure why Vegas picked him up. Better options out there.

I would take Ullmark over Samsonov every day of the week. And Ullmark is not wrong - Woll has been the more consistent goalie whenever he has played.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Who's this Samsonov fellow? And why is he so cranky? Is he constipated? He might want to increase his fiber intake. :nod:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Going into next season, Samsonov is in a much better spot. He will be playing behind one of the best defense cores in the NHL under Bruce Cassidy's system. If Cassidy can make Broissait and Hill look legit, they will do the same with Samsonov. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsonov puts up career numbers.

Whereas Ullmark will be playing in a dumpster fire of a team in Ottawa, where he's going to be exposed and left out to dry night in and night out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad