Player Discussion Sammy Blais

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Have looked and haven't found anything. I guess we may just have to wait until later tomorrow?
Do we know what’s wrong with him? I remember he collided with someone, maybe a teammate, and was a bit wobbly. My impression was it was more lower body like a knee, rather than head. But i don’t think anything was announced or reported

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Well we were warned about his durability lol
Running into your own teammate is a freak injury and often leads to a player getting hurt, one generally can’t brace themselves for it and it shouldn’t really raise any durability questions. But he was traded for Buch so you’ll take any opportunity to denigrate him :)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Running into your own teammate is a freak injury and often leads to a player getting hurt, one generally can’t brace themselves for it and it shouldn’t really raise any durability questions. But he was traded for Buch so you’ll take any opportunity to denigrate him :)
What lol I wasn’t denigrating him, I was just saying it’s to be expected. It’s an objective fact that he has significant durability issues. Hopefully it will come more from crashing into his opponents than teammates though :laugh:

Reactions: RagFinMet

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Well it's not like what Jovo is saying is untrue, the guy has been injury prone. My friend who is a Blues fan mentioned that too when he was traded here.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What lol I wasn’t denigrating him, I was just saying it’s to be expected. It’s an objective fact that he has significant durability issues. Hopefully it will come more from crashing into his opponents than teammates though :laugh:

Well it's not like what Jovo is saying is untrue, the guy has been injury prone. My friend who is a Blues fan mentioned that too when he was traded here.

I’m just saying using running into your teammate is not ideal to show a lack of durability, regardless of past history. The most durable players get up slowly from running into teammates. If it happened throwing a big hit, sure, it shows a lack of durability

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I still can’t say I’m a fan of the trade, but there’s something about him that’s exciting to watch in a way that Buch never was. He’ll never come close to putting up the same production, but he does play a very skilled power forward type game that adds a fun element to the team that a bum like Brendan Lemieux was expected to bring and never came close.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Although Blais has shown the skill to play higher up in the lineup, I have dreams of this 4th line:

Blais-Barron-Reaves

That would be a tone-setting line that could chip in goals and make a real impact.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I still can’t say I’m a fan of the trade, but there’s something about him that’s exciting to watch in a way that Buch never was. He’ll never come close to putting up the same production, but he does play a very skilled power forward type game that adds a fun element to the team that a bum like Brendan Lemieux was expected to bring and never came close.

Buch certainly endeared himself to NYR fans and we got to watch him really grow as a player. Laying out Marchand was just *chef's kiss* levels of beauty, the whole American Buch meme, turning in to a proper 1st liner. He had a great career here and hope that continues, the guy's a real character.

With that said, Blais has been awesome to watch so far. You know when he's on the ice and he can pull some crazy moves out of nowhere. The sort of energy we're gonna need on those flat nights so hopefully he can keep that up.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Kind of amazed that nobody has bumped this thread after the last couple games. While I am part of the "I cant believe this is all we got for Buch" camp..........Sammy Blais clearly has some wicked hands and stick handling skills. I don't know where he goes from here, but on top of his physical play, I feel like he could actually be a bigger points contributor moving forward than we give him credit for

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Although Blais has shown the skill to play higher up in the lineup, I have dreams of this 4th line:

Blais-Barron-Reaves

That would be a tone-setting line that could chip in goals and make a real impact.

Unless we trade for some more depth and we're all healthy that would be a waste of Blais's talent. I think he's a good third liner at worst.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
He has suprised me for sure. I was underwhelmed by the trade, but now seeing Blais these few games he seems like a guy that wont hurt anywhere he slides up and down the lineup. His hitting is masterful, he hits bullseye every time and his hands in close are smooth as ever, the toe drag pass last night was beautiful.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Blais and Laf have the French connection going, they're gonna hook each other up for 40-50 points each.

Strome Panarin
Kreider Mika
Lafy Blais
Have 3 lines with scoring depth is what good teams have.

Reason why we are winning games. Everyone is contributing even if the offensive output isn’t their. We are winning close games, kinda like what happened during the Torts era. Scoring will come.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
No surprise here. I knew he’d be better then what he was being made out to be. Even if he tops out in the 45-50 pt range and provides what he does physically, he’s extremely valuable.
All the St. Louis fans I spoke to after the trade were mad to see him go. Every single one of them said he had the skills and had more to give on the offensive side.
I had him earmarked on the RW with panarin-Strome. I’m really happy he’s looking good with LaF/Chytil. Gives the lines a whole new flavor

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
When was the last time we had a power forward with some hands who didn’t mind taking the puck between the dots?
Maybe kreider at one point? But Blais has better hands than kreider who is more north south

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad