Player Discussion Sammy Blais

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
And we are seeing why the organization really thinks he’s much more than a 4th line player. It’s evident that he is very suitable to being that support player on a skilled line, which is what many were saying.

Drury brought in Blais, Goodrow and Hunt for a reason. These guys all bring different elements to an otherwise skilled lineup.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Blues fan here. Love the Rangers.

Blais was a love/hate thing for us Blues fans. I love his game and accept the mistakes because he is a net plus. The Rangers are a hard-hitting team and have led the league in hits for a few seasons lately, right? Anyway, we understand the love/hate thing going on with him among Rangers fans, which I'm sure some of it is tied in with Buch. Just as we hated Brewer cuz....Pronger.

Fun story: 1994 Cup Finals, my friends and I were at a big party watching Game 7. When Leetch opened the scoring, I was the ONLY person at the party cheering. And then when Graves (my fave Rangers player back then) made it 2-0, I was ecstatic and the whole room hated me. It was great!!

Good luck this season!
Good luck to you brotha thanks for stopping by good luck with Buch, he has some moxy and abused Marchand, maybe he’ll find some other pest to bully over on the west side

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Ya but everyone buried Drury for the trade and we haven't even done anything with the draft pick yet.
Chalk that up to nearly everyone KNOWING better than the GM.
Sather/Gorton/and now Drury.

I've seen enough of Blues games (mostly PO's), and had already thought he was a "nice player", just kind of buried in St.Louis.
Most players want to be comfortable with their clubhouse surroundings. Only the "holier than thou", don't give a hoot.
That said, all he has to do is be a really good teammate and contribute any way he can. He does that......he will be more than fine with OUR TEAM. Nice skills btw, very nice.
Seems he could be a 60-70 with any legit time playing with Mika or Panarin, probably won't happen UNLESS.......I dare not say.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Chalk that up to nearly everyone KNOWING better than the GM.
Sather/Gorton/and now Drury.

I've seen enough of Blues games (mostly PO's), and had already thought he was a "nice player", just kind of buried in St.Louis.
Most players want to be comfortable with their clubhouse surroundings. Only the "holier than thou", don't give a hoot.
That said, all he has to do is be a really good teammate and contribute any way he can. He does that......he will be more than fine with OUR TEAM. Nice skills btw, very nice.
Seems he could be a 60-70 with any legit time playing with Mika or Panarin, probably won't happen UNLESS.......I dare not say.
60 or 70 what ?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Ya but everyone buried Drury for the trade and we haven't even done anything with the draft pick yet.
I thought we could have gotten a 1st instead of a 2nd or at least a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th but I followed Blais enough to speak out that this guy has jam and showed a lot of potential. I forget which season but one season he came out guns blazing. In STL, he played mostly on the 3rd line, spent a decent amount of time on the 2nd, and maybe similar on the 4th so when everyone bagged on Blais as a 4th liner, I jumped on those comments. Y'all had me self doubting though but glad Sammy pulled through in pre-season to prove me right.

Reactions: egelband

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Blues fan ... no doubt Blais is fun to watch. He won't let you down in the disregard for his body category. He throws himself into people. And, yep, that skill is for real. Never got much of a chance to play with skilled guys in STL.
And honestly, he didn't produce quickly enough when he did, so the top 6 role was always short lived. Seems like a great guy and such an easy player to root for because he goes all out. Stay healthy and have a career Sammy!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This is the most reasonable post on him thus far IMO.

Prior to this, it was either "...50 pts & awesome!" or lamenting who we traded for him...

I'm glad he feels comfortable here...

Admittedly, I didn't know much about him prior to the acquisition. I'm glad he's looked good thus far...

Obv the bolded is my concern too.

Hope he can sustain it.
Yes. Very good Blais summary.
Sometimes I think @gravey9 is actually Adam Graves. Always a good read. :thumbu:

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Blais looks like The Dawson. And i feel like he’s the one who’s going to f*** up Tom Wilson.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Still high on him
upload_2021-10-12_16-2-41.gif

Reactions: LokiDog

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This kid could play well for us. I’d be ecstatic at a 45 point season from him on the 3rd line. Idk about 60+ Though realistically

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Noticed this too. He really looks to have a plan with the puck, so to speak. Head up. A very impactful player most shifts.
This is a really good way to describe his play. This is the creativity that I referred to on our board. His smartness is not a type of high-level, hockey IQ, but a smartness that translates into creativity.

His defensive gaffes, however, will make you think he's an idiot. But he's not.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Last I saw the 3rd line tonight was Goodrow-Chytil-Hunt
last i saw was goodrow-chytil blais right before the krav fiasco started.

Just saw the new lines for tonight... Jesus. we're going for no points bottom 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad