Player Discussion Sam "Dikembe" Montembeault

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not sure what he's worth salary wise, but I'd be very reluctant to go longer than 2 years. I feel either Primeau will grab the spot, or it's easy to get a better goalie on the UFA market pretty much every year. Down the road we have Dobes and Fowler coming up.
Who are the better goalies that have been avalable as UFAs in each of the past 3 years, and who we can safely say would want to sign on a rebuilding team, I e. A short term losing team?

Reactions: Redux91

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
There are more & more teams who will desperately need to address G - Edm, Canes, now Avs, potentially Leafs

Let sellers market continue to develop ….patience

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He will improve a little bit and be at his best at 29 y. He'll become a good goalie until he will be 33.
On the other hand, Allen shows warning signs like he lost a lot. And Primeau is finally developping into something.
Yeah I think moving forward with Montembeault and Primeau is the way to go until one of our prospects hopefully pan out.

When Monty is in net I actually am more at ease than when Allen starts.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah I think moving forward with Montembeault and Primeau is the way to go until one of our prospects hopefully pan out.

But Allen is better for the rebuild. :sarcasm:
Althought, Primeau might end up excellent if he mentally crumble too.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Sometimes Monty is in the net and I'm confused one second I think Price is in the net. Monty have this big "presence" sometimes.

Reactions: Tyson

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Makes no sense. “Hasn’t proven anything but if could get a first”? Why would you think he’d get a first as an unproven goalie?
Because unproven to one GM is not necessarily unproven to another (especially with goalies). And Edmonton, for example, should be desperate sooner than later.
The point was that if they can get a 1st from a team that might not make the playoffs they should probably do it if they can't get anything for Allen. For example a 2nd and Monty for Edmonton's 1st.

Last edited:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Because unproven to one GM is not necessarily unproven to another (especially with goalies). And Edmonton for example should be desperate sooner than later.
I get your point, and certainly wouldn’t rule out that other teams want him, but he’s more valuable to us compared to what they’d get in a trade. No way someone is giving up a first. I’m not even sure if a goalie ever fetched a first.

Reactions: Tyson

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
IMG_20231114_125528.jpg

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I get your point, and certainly wouldn’t rule out that other teams want him, but he’s more valuable to us compared to what they’d get in a trade. No way someone is giving up a first. I’m not even sure if a goalie ever fetched a first.
Last one that I remember was Schneider to NJ for the 9th OA but of course Schneider had a lot more of a track record then Montembeault. Generally goalies don't give great returns but it's always about how desperate the other team is.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I have to say with all these contract rumours, I hear people talking 3.5mil+ 4 years etc.

It's crazy to me. I don't think he'd get that as a UFA.

I'm still not a total believer. I probably won't be until the expected stats convert to realized stats.

I'd have to look at the comparables and stuff but something like 2.75m x 3 years would seem fair to me.

Reactions: MadMslm

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We heard they were working on an extension, and since then, nothing?
2.75 X 2 years? This is what I would offer.............any news on this front at all guys?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I'd have to look at the comparables and stuff but something like 2.75m x 3 years would seem fair to me.
That's the same deal Vejmelka got in 21-22, as an arbitraiton-eligible RFA, in a (very slightly) lower cap environment, with even LESS of a track record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad