Proposal: Sam Bennett to NYR (offseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
They're known around the league as the Rags or blueshirts. I prefer Rags, it's shorter. If you think Kreider is better than Bennett you are indeed the typical Rags fan I'm talking about. Panarin is an elite forward. Zibanejad is a low end 1C. Bennett is better than Kreider at everything. He's one of the most physical forwards in the league, scores more since Florida than Kreider and plays the more valuable position.
They aren't known around the league as Rags. They're insulted by other fanbase who want to call them Rags. Do you know the meaning behind that or are you really just typing it out because it's shorter?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
They aren't known around the league as Rags. They're insulted by other fanbase who want to call them Rags. Do you know the meaning behind that or are you really just typing it out because it's shorter?
Are you really that thin skinned? You wouldn't do well being a hockey fan in Canada. We have far worse names for our competition here.

Reactions: JKG33

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Bennett is better than Kreider at everything. He's one of the most physical forwards in the league, scores more since Florida than Kreider and plays the more valuable position.
people see things in different ways
and i don't think points are everything, but this much is true
Kreider has 7 season w 37 or more points, Bennett has none
this season Bennet scoring at 0.714 pts/G, Kreider at 0.889 pts/G
for career, Kreider pts/G is greater 0.6, while Bennetts' is less than 0.40

anyway, I am not dissing Bennet,
but i just don't want my team sending 2 blue chips for him
NYR's acquisitions of Zib and Strome show that paying such high price is not mandatory,
and NYR need is not urgent

the way Chytil is playing, he may earn a top 2 C role after Strome leaves UFA or TDL
and a prospect(Richards, Barron, ...) or bottom 6 guy (Goodrow, Rooney, someone new) can assume 3C role

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Are you really that thin skinned? You wouldn't do well being a hockey fan in Canada. We have far worse names for our competition here.

No, I'm not really sensitive to it. But congratulations! You finally acknowledge that it's not an abbreviation like you tried to claim earlier. There's also a difference between having far worse/any insulting terms for your competition, and going into threads using those terms on competition/other teams fanbase.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
@bernmeister

2 teams OTOH, I could see ANA or ARI maybe interested in Trouba.

ANA could replace Manson if they decide to move him, they'd have some decent cap space for last 4 years of him.

Fowler - Drysdale
Lindholm - Trouba would be a decent top 4

ARI may need some warm bodies for the prospects coming up.

Chychrun - Soderstrom
Xxxx - Trouba is somewhat decent if Soderstrom can hit #3 type potential.
acknowledged.
He is too much cap for you even at half.

I don't worry we find takers for Trouba
I am concerned if he will let us out early save literally 2 or 3 places he might approve.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

It is not a matter of skin thickness.
It's a friggin matter of courtesy
Courtesy begets courtesy.
Let us all remember...

No, I'm not really sensitive to it. But congratulations! You finally acknowledge that it's not an abbreviation like you tried to claim earlier. There's also a difference between having far worse/any insulting terms for your competition, and going into threads using those terms on competition/other teams fanbase.

Reminds me of when a certain politican who, deserving ignominity, shall remain nameless, said something about s'hole countries --- revealing what an A-hole he actually is.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It is not a matter of skin thickness.
It's a friggin matter of courtesy
Courtesy begets courtesy.
Let us all remember...

Reminds me of when a certain politican who, deserving ignominity, shall remain nameless, said something about s'hole countries --- revealing what an A-hole he actually is.
You sound like you'd be fun at parties. Yes courtesy is what Rags fans are known for.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They're known around the league as the Rags or blueshirts. I prefer Rags, it's shorter. If you think Kreider is better than Bennett you are indeed the typical Rags fan I'm talking about. Panarin is an elite forward. Zibanejad is a low end 1C. Bennett is better than Kreider at everything. He's one of the most physical forwards in the league, scores more since Florida than Kreider and plays the more valuable position.

Name 15 better centers than Zibanejad.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is Kravtsov the new Buchnevich-type ticket Rangers fans will use to target any player they want here?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ah I forgot I was beholden to do what you ask as a Rags fan. If it's ok with you I'll add 2 more to appease you. Eichel and Schiefele.

You should drop the attitude. I asked a question in response to what you stated, and you didn't answer the question I asked. You should be prepared to defend your viewpoint.

You stated that Zibanejad is a low-end 1C. Even by the most favorable interpretation of that, it requires 16 better centers. How exactly is he a low-end 1C?

And your comments are nothing other than abrasive towards the Rangers and their fanbase. Almost all your comments about the team talk about your disdain for the fanbase. Why is that?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You should drop the attitude. I asked a question in response to what you stated, and you didn't answer the question I asked. You should be prepared to defend your viewpoint.

You stated that Zibanejad is a low-end 1C. Even by the most favorable interpretation of that, it requires 16 better centers. How exactly is he a low-end 1C?

And your comments are nothing other than abrasive towards the Rangers and their fanbase. Almost all your comments about the team talk about your disdain for the fanbase. Why is that?
I don't dislike the team at all. I hate the Oilers and to a lesser extent the Canucks. Yes, I think most posters here have a lot of disdain for the Rags fans on the board. Could have something to do with the way they post and how ridiculous the majority of you are as a group.

See threads on Eichel, DeAngelo, Buchnevich and Chytil for examples. And no, I'm not beholden to name anything for you. Do you think Zibanejad is a high end center because he shot 20% one year? He doesn't drive play at all. He's not great defensively and when Panarin was out last year his offense cut in half. (I'm aware Rags fans say they don't play together, but the prior season he was his 2nd most common linemates and he was again after he came back). I watched Zibanejad get thoroughly dominated against Lindholm in both games they played who I would also not call a high end 1C.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't dislike the team at all. I hate the Oilers and to a lesser extent the Canucks. Yes, I think most posters here have a lot of disdain for the Rags fans on the board. Could have something to do with the way they post and how ridiculous the majority of you are as a group.

See threads on Eichel, DeAngelo, Buchnevich and Chytil for examples. And no, I'm not beholden to name anything for you. Do you think Zibanejad is a high end center because he shot 20% one year? He doesn't drive play at all. He's not great defensively and when Panarin was out last year his offense cut in half. (I'm aware Rags fans say they don't play together, but the prior season he was his 2nd most common linemates and he was again after he came back). I watched Zibanejad get thoroughly dominated against Lindholm in both games they played who I would also not call a high end 1C.

Even if you take away the year you claim shouldn’t count for Zibanejad, the other years in the last four he’s averaged 73 points, including 30 goals, per 82 games.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why would we trade Bennett?

The guy is pure gold who can do everything and is tough as nails to play against.

There’s nothing really enticing outside of Fox.

Reactions: Laus723

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Age, Bennett is only 25. Dear god man. Doesn't matter with how Bennett has been in Florida they never consider this anyways.

I stand corrected as to age, entering his mid 20s prime, he does just make it age wise.
Howev
the other point stands
no cap room next yr
not like kinda none
I mean really none
unless/until Trouba waives his nmc or it expires

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I stand corrected as to age, entering his mid 20s prime, he does just make it age wise.
Howev
the other point stands
no cap room next yr
not like kinda none
I mean really none
unless/until Trouba waives his nmc or it expires
He's making under 5M and playing as a great top-6er right now. He'd be perfect as your 2nd line center.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The panthers don’t need to trade Bennett. Lundell on the 3rd line is a wonderful luxury. Hornqvist will be the guy who gets traded in the offseason to free up cap space.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not being as good as Panarin offensively doesn’t make him a low-end 1C. Panarin is not a low-end first line winger.
Agreed on Panarin. But his production cutting with Panarin out so drastically does point to him being a low end 1C. It's the same story I was telling with Monahan when he was a PPG center a couple of years ago. Zibanejad is better than Monahan, but his production is very dependent on who he plays with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad