Proposal: Sam Bennett to NYR (offseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed on Panarin. But his production cutting with Panarin out so drastically does point to him being a low end 1C. It's the same story I was telling with Monahan when he was a PPG center a couple of years ago. Zibanejad is better than Monahan, but his production is very dependent on who he plays with.

He doesn’t and has almost never played on the same line as Panarin. I don’t understand how people still don’t know this. And obviously his production being a lot worse than Panarin doesn’t prove he’s a low-end 1C. Would you say Point is a low end 1C because his production is a lot worse than Kucherov?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Another day, another proposal where the Rangers try to underpay for a stud C.

Bennett was just acquired by Florida and is a perfect fit there. Not that this is even fair value, but it'd take a massive overpayment to get him outta Florida.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He doesn’t and has almost never played on the same line as Panarin. I don’t understand how people still don’t know this. And obviously his production being a lot worse than Panarin doesn’t prove he’s a low-end 1C. Would you say Point is a low end 1C because his production is a lot worse than Kucherov?
Again. This is false. Panarin is his 2nd most common linemate after Kreider. This is a lie often repeated by Rags fans. I don't know if it's intended to deceive or they just don't know their own team. Zibanejad's production is almost 2.5 times higher with Panarin than without him. That paints a picture of a very dependent player.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Again. This is false. Panarin is his 2nd most common linemate after Kreider. This is a lie often repeated by Rags fans. I don't know if it's intended to deceive or they just don't know their own team. Zibanejad's production is almost 2.5 times higher with Panarin than without him. That paints a picture of a very dependent player.

No, it’s not false. You claim you don’t watch him play too often. Why are you trying to now claim you know what the situation is?

And the reason Panarin is his second most common line-mate is because there is no second most common line-mate at the moment. The team is struggling to replace Buchnevich on that line.. There have been like 4 or 5 guys rotating in that RW spot with Kreider and Zibanejad. This is no different than McDavid and Draisaitl being among each others more common linemates without being regular line-mates. It’s good coaching that your best players will take shifts together, even if they aren’t line-mates.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Bennett is not going anywhere. He's part of Florida's core that will be Cup contenders for the next several years.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No, it’s not false. You claim you don’t watch him play too often. Why are you trying to now claim you know what the situation is?

And the reason Panarin is his second most common line-mate is because there is no second most common line-mate at the moment. The team is struggling to replace Buchnevich on that line.. There have been like 4 or 5 guys rotating in that RW spot with Kreider and Zibanejad. This is no different than McDavid and Draisaitl being among each others more common linemates without being regular line-mates. It’s good coaching that your best players will take shifts together, even if they aren’t line-mates.
Deflection. A Rags fan specialty.

Fact 1. Panarin is his second most common linemate.
Fact 2. His production more than doubles with Panarin.
Fact 3. When Panarin was out he didn't even look like a 1C at all.
Fact 4. The season he scored 41 he shot 20%.

I don't hate Zibanejad. He's just not a high end 1C. The Rags elite players are Panarin, Fox and Shesterkin.

No I don't watch every Rags game. I do watch every Flames and Oilers game though. I saw Zibanejad get caved in hard against the centers here. Lindholm who is a mid range 1C utterly destroyed him in the 2 games they played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad