Proposal: Sam Bennett to NYR (offseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patty The Ratty

Jan 31, 2021
Finland
This is an offseason trade, since Florida doesn't want to weaken their team now when contending.

To NYR:
Sam Bennett

To FLA:
Vitali Kravtsov & Nils Lundkvist (+ adding picks?)

By the way it looks, Florida needs to shed their salaries a bit because of the raises (Verhaeghe, Barkov) and also prepare a bit for extending few key players. Wouldn't hurt to add cheap contracts with lots of upside. Kravtsov could work well with Barkov f.e.

Is the value ok? Is this something that Florida might do? Barkov and Lundell could make Bennett expendable in my opinion. For Rangers, this seems like realistic and good trade target. Gritty and versatile player on good term - if Chytil can't crack for 2C, Bennett is your guy. If he does it, Bennett can play wing in top-6 or be 3C with SH and PP time.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
There’s several options available to Florida in the off-season, and no big names needing to be re-signed. The biggest names are Tippett, Lomberg, and Luostairainen.

they’ll 7 mil to mess with and maybe a trade or two…but not this one. Bennett has been terrific while here and has great chemistry with Huby. Lundell could push him to the 3rd center spot, but…awesome!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The ELC/youth potential value is there from NYR side but Bennett provides a rare skillset for FLA down the middle.

Barkov, Lundell and Luostarinen aren't really overly physical where Bennett is a pinless grenade waiting to explode on opponents.

With him genuinely loving it here in FLA already and the noticeable increase offense (I know he won't stay at PPG), it's not something we want to do.

Maybe in the 2023-24 off season when Huberdeau and Weegar are due, as well as Lundell possibly ready for a full time 2C promotion.

Thanks but no thanks.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
NYR shouldn't pay this
Bennett (+) was acquired for 2 2nds,
NYR isn't paying 2 1sts
i wonder, what philly would want for brassard :huh:

brassard and 7th for zib and a 2nd sounds like a trade i would make.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

i should have kept it to myself. now the price for brassard will go through the roof. :banghead:

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

giphy.gif

Reactions: Laus723

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Also why is Kravs value a 1st?
Krav was a top 10 pick, just a couple years back, talented and gifted, and been productive vs men in KHL.
Vultures circling, hoping to get him cheap because of the demotion kerfuffle, will be disappointed.

Reactions: bernmeister

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Is Krav even worth a first anymore? He's done nothing but disappoint thus far. His value at he time of his draft isn't the same as it is now....

who has Krav disappointed?
stats watchers in distant time zones?
he's an uber-talented stud wing,
any one who watched his 20 NHL games last spring saw that,
and his historical age-comparables in KHL are some great NHL'ers
some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The ELC/youth potential value is there from NYR side but Bennett provides a rare skillset for FLA down the middle.

Barkov, Lundell and Luostarinen aren't really overly physical where Bennett is a pinless grenade waiting to explode on opponents.

With him genuinely loving it here in FLA already and the noticeable increase offense (I know he won't stay at PPG), it's not something we want to do.

Maybe in the 2023-24 off season when Huberdeau and Weegar are due, as well as Lundell possibly ready for a full time 2C promotion.

Thanks but no thanks.

This would be like dealing for an inside straight, but

- both teams are cap strapped/have rigid lack of options limiting moves
- Trouba is nmc he controls for NY
- Trouba wants happy wife, happy life
- Wife wanted NY b'c essential to advance her medical career path
- Is the above still true in the following context: now that she's had 2-3 yrs of study, does she still have to be in NY, or can she be happy employed in a construct created for her?
Specifically: possibly she can only do X only in NY.
But also possibly, Dolan cuts a 1m tax deduction to ________ fill in the blank at ________ [adequate location] which employs Trouba's wife as part of that deal, doing a dream gig she wants to do.
Add to that Trouba(s) are currently residents of FL, presum for state tax purposes.

NY likes Trouba play but has Schneider elc ready to step in.

So, if the conditions can be taken to get Trouba to waive,
something around
Bennett + for Trouba +
?????

That could work on a lot of levels and be of positional benefit to both clubs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
One has nothing to do with the other

Yes and no.
In a theoretical vaccum, obv they are mutually exclusive.

But in reality both how close we are to that date and also what factors have been involved in player development -- or obstructions thereto -- are legit items to note.

Krav -
- development was better among tougher comp KHL, so that's where he was sent
- he excelled there
- he should have made the team, except
- Rangers did not create roster space then
- Drury who did not want him forced his hand

This is on top of the unmitigated bs that when he did get here for 20ish games end of last yr, he was identified as 'not a 4th liner" by idiot coach Q, who then played him w/dregs of the 4th line, extensively.
Kid has a legit beef.

Eye test says play him w/talent, let him get a bit of familiarity, develop chemistry w/steady linemates of ability, and he should star.

-------
Bennett was considered below his draft pedigree for many years, happy he has turned it around.

Bennett has been around long enough, there are no x factors still involved, he is what he is.

Krav is what he will be when he gets a legit, substantial chance.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This would be like dealing for an inside straight, but

- both teams are cap strapped/have rigid lack of options limiting moves
- Trouba is nmc he controls for NY
- Trouba wants happy wife, happy life
- Wife wanted NY b'c essential to advance her medical career path
- Is the above still true in the following context: now that she's had 2-3 yrs of study, does she still have to be in NY, or can she be happy employed in a construct created for her?
Specifically: possibly she can only do X only in NY.
But also possibly, Dolan cuts a 1m tax deduction to ________ fill in the blank at ________ [adequate location] which employs Trouba's wife as part of that deal, doing a dream gig she wants to do.
Add to that Trouba(s) are currently residents of FL, presum for state tax purposes.

NY likes Trouba play but has Schneider elc ready to step in.

So, if the conditions can be taken to get Trouba to waive,
something around
Bennett + for Trouba +
?????

That could work on a lot of levels and be of positional benefit to both clubs

A lot will depend on what/who Zito values more long term with one or both of Fosling and Weegar.

Weegar is due end of next year, along with Huberdeau and then Forsling the year following.

Huberdeau in FLA could settle around $8.5 to 9 million per
Weegar in FLA could settle around $5.5 to 6 million per
Forsling in FLA could settle around $4.5 to 5 million per

Not saying both Weegar and Forsling will both be back but I'd strongly assume one of them.
With Huberdeau, it was up in the air up until last year, and now with Barkov signed, the team in their contender window, I can see him taking a slight free market discount to stay.

I dont see any way FLA would be interested in Trouba at 8 million cap hit with Bobrovsky's cap still on the books for at least the next 2.75 years.

EDIT - thats not taking into account the medium term cap space we will need for Lundell, Knight and Tippett.

Hornqvist, Gudas and likely Reinhart will be moved to make room for the 2 or 3 main guys above.

Have a great day Bern.
Hopefully you're liking Gallant, he tells it like it is, saw him jawing at Zib thenother day :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad