Salary Cap: Salary Cap Summer | The Hunt for 3C | Updated cap info in Post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You might be right,I compare pouliots value alil less than deangelo when he was traded from Tampa to arizona. Granted deangelo was coming off a real good ahl year but had a decent bit of baggage. And pouliots 70points in 114 ahl games isn't pathetic. So I'd say late 2nd round pick value. If deangelo was high 2nd roundvalue.
If DP can get us a 2nd, we should trade him for a 2nd asap imo.
I think Henrique is ideal and realistic. We're not locked in if for whatever reason it doesn't work out. He can play both center and wing. Decent on faceoffs. Can help our 2nd PP unit. Make our PK unit dangerous again. He's that guy who can play 2C but can be a high end 3C on a contender. He produced as well as Bonino on a per 60 basis the past two years despite often playing with crap and on a crap offensive team. He also has the rep of being a big game player and a really high hockey iq mind.

I'd love Henrique, but I still think moving Maatta will be tough. We need a 2nd pairing LD more than we need a high end 3C. We would have an even bigger hole on our roster after a Maatta for Henrique trade than we have now.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Looks like Kovalchuck might just be coming back. No idea how the Hawks of all teams could afford him though.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'd love Henrique, but I still think moving Maatta will be tough. We need a 2nd pairing LD more than we need a high end 3C. We would have an even bigger hole on our roster after a Maatta for Henrique trade than we have now.

I already see Cole as our second pairing LD.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I already see Cole as our second pairing LD.

I very much disagree with that. He's a very good 3rd pairing guy but I don't want him to be more than that. If we can afford him as a 3rd pairing guy that's great, but I expect him to disappoint whoever pays him to be a #4 next year. I hope it's not us.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I think Henrique is ideal and realistic. We're not locked in if for whatever reason it doesn't work out. He can play both center and wing. Decent on faceoffs. Can help our 2nd PP unit. Make our PK unit dangerous again. He's that guy who can play 2C but can be a high end 3C on a contender. He produced as well as Bonino on a per 60 basis the past two years despite often playing with crap and on a crap offensive team. He also has the rep of being a big game player and a really high hockey iq mind.

In terms of evaluating player fit for us (away from GM considerations and the like), I agree he'd be a great fit. Still feels like a bit of a long-shot to me though.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I very much disagree with that. He's a very good 3rd pairing guy, but I expect him to disappoint whoever pays him to be a #4 next year. I hope it's not us.

This needs discussed. Cole is Schultz's partner. Schultz is our 2nd pairing RD.

You could simply give them more offensive zone starts and replace Maatta with a guy who can handle more D-zone work.

In terms of ES TOI, Maatta is like a minute ahead of Cole. And Cole is a guy we lean on for the PK as well.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
If we can get Henrique without trading Maatta then that should be a go but I guess that'd most likely be around Sheary then, no?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This needs discussed. Cole is Schultz's partner. Schultz is our 2nd pairing RD.

You could simply give them more offensive zone starts and replace Maatta with a guy who can handle more D-zone work.

In terms of ES TOI, Maatta is like a minute ahead of Cole. And Cole is a guy we lean on for the PK as well.

Like who?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
What does that mean? I do watch Dallas a fair amount and Faksa is a very intriguing young center.

They run and gun at a level that hasn't been seen in two decades. That will obviously change under Hitchcock, so his production this year will be more telling as to how effective he would be on the other 30 NHL teams.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Please No kruger. Hopefully a team with alot of C's trades for him and makes another guy expendable.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
They run and gun at a level that hasn't been seen in two decades. That will obviously change under Hitchcock, so his production this year will be more telling as to how effective he would be on the other 30 NHL teams.

And Hitch traps and bores at a level not seen in two decades. So let's take the middle and call him a 25 point two way center with potential to hit 40 points.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
In terms of evaluating player fit for us (away from GM considerations and the like), I agree he'd be a great fit. Still feels like a bit of a long-shot to me though.

Shero has said he'd consider moving a forward for a D upgrade. Shero drafted Maatta. It's beyond speculation at this point that Maatta has been offered for Duchene.

Shero isn't trading one of his recent drafted studs. Doubt it. Zajac's contract makes him less valuable. That leaves Henrique as a guy who Shero may not re-sign and could max out his value for a longterm solution on D. Hell, he's been bringing in former Pens left and right.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Chicago gave Kruger away for free. If a better offer was out there they would've taken it. That guy's garbage for what his salary is.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Like who?

Another 4/5 D who can give us 18-20 minutes. Those aren't exactly guys who are widely speculated on.

Now that free agency is over, I'll take a look at the trade route via picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad