Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Yeah, I got nuthin' ....

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
On a team that was basically hoping that warm bodies could get in and not **** up too bad while our generational talents somehow beat the odds. Again, context is key here. Reaves and Archibald were being asked to play very different roles for teams that are incredibly different and that is reflected in their stats. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archibald is fine. He's being mad overrated here because people don't like Reaves, which is only doing a huge disservice to Archibald-- he's not the kind of player Reaves is nor is he the next coming of Jari Kurri. Not in a good or a bad way. But they're literally polar opposite types of players and both have their merits in a bottom 6.

Not sure how true this is. They're both good skaters with a good forecheck and will hit as aggressively as they can everytime the opportunity arises and not a huge lot more last I checked. Archibald is faster and Reaves is stronger. What am I missing here?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really hope Athanasiou signs soon so we can move back to *****ing about Pouliot for Sheahan being the Penguins solution to be the 3C :laugh:

Reaves is a nothing piece. Archibald is a nothing piece. To have a serious opinion on the trade makes no sense to me. It's way too unimportant to matter.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
23 games means next to nothing without any context. The assumption that those 23 games would see a continuation of the same scoring pace is a logical fallacy. It's too small a sample size to make that judgement.

Kuhn could go a pointless in those 23 games and still have more points. Throw in being better away from the puck, PKing and its even more in Kuhns favor as to whos a better player. But I see we will never agree. Even if Reaves was better, the trade would still be useless. We have too many RWs in the first place.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I really hope Athanasiou signs soon so we can move back to *****ing about Pouliot for Sheahan being the Penguins solution to be the 3C :laugh:

Reaves is a nothing piece. Archibald is a nothing piece. To have a serious opinion on the trade makes no sense to me. It's way too unimportant to matter.

this is on point. this team is in a great position with guys impressing in camp and ppl are freaking out about the 4th line rw being reaves in the regular season

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
Doesn't matter because Archibald is better than Kennedy anyway. I guess Tanner Glass was your favorite player :shakehead

Are you Archy's long lost father or something? Hey I like Archibald as much as the next person around here but TK played 527 games in the NHL. Me thinks your statement is a little premature....but hey, it's a free country I guess.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Are you Archy's long lost father or something? Hey I like Archibald as much as the next person around here but TK played 527 games in the NHL. Me thinks your statement is a little premature....but hey, it's a free country I guess.

The game is evolving of course he's better. That's why Kennedy isn't in the NHL anymore and Archibald is. Kind of simple really.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Only if it is true. I'll be waiting on the praise to be lavished on the extra RW's jettisoned by the Pens in the next week or two.

Well. That settles it. Reaves is better because his teamates like him and said nice things about him :laugh: who needs stats when you have cliche interview answers by teamates :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
this is on point. this team is in a great position with guys impressing in camp and ppl are freaking out about the 4th line rw being reaves in the regular season

Nobody is freaking out?

We are just saying we had depth at RW before the move and Reaves could potentially block a player like Sprong getting a chance or cause us to lose a kid with potential like Archibald.

I don't think there is a general distaste of Reaves. Physical, energy player that can fight.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well. That settles it. Reaves is better because his teamates like him and said nice things about him :laugh: who needs stats when you have cliche interview answers by teamates :laugh:

Except your statistical analysis is : "Look! I have numbers out of context. Without ANY context. Reaves is a -3 and Archibald is 908234. And Kuhnhackl is a 23948908504983024. So, he's better. The bestest."

So, if you want to use stats to bear out what you're saying, great. But at least show your work, if you're going to try to go that route.

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
Kuhn could go a pointless in those 23 games and still have more points. Throw in being better away from the puck, PKing and its even more in Kuhns favor as to whos a better player. But I see we will never agree. Even if Reaves was better, the trade would still be useless. We have too many RWs in the first place.

You.......FENCE........Me and Jimmy

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Nobody is freaking out?

We are just saying we had depth at RW before the move and Reaves could potentially block a player like Sprong getting a chance or cause us to lose a kid with potential like Archibald.

If Reaves is blocking Sprong's chance, Sprong is a ****ing bust.:laugh:

Sprong should be top 6 or WB/S. The bottom 6 here would be completely detrimental to his development.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Nobody is freaking out?

We are just saying we had depth at RW before the move and Reaves could potentially block a player like Sprong getting a chance.

Yep. Where does Reaves fit?

G-Sid-Hornqvist
Rust-Malkin-Kessel
Sheary-xxx-Sprong
Hags-xxx-Wilson

So if Sprong breaks out, you're sitting Reaves anyway and you just wasted assets for a guy in the press box. Which is why they probably won't give Sprong a chance. Hell if Sprong breaks out, archy and Kuhn along with Reaves are redundant anyway.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Exactly. Sprong is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

Something else I don't understand here, are people forgetting the Penguins also traded out Sundqvist in this deal, who had to be kept in the NHL due to his waiver status? People are saying bringing in Reaves meant that Archibald may be lost to waivers, but in reality, Archibald might be lost to waivers with or without that trade.

Yep. Where does Reaves fit?

G-Sid-Hornqvist
Rust-Malkin-Kessel
Sheary-xxx-Sprong
Hags-xxx-Wilson

So if Sprong breaks out, you're sitting Reaves anyway and you just wasted assets for a guy in the press box. Which is why they probably won't give Sprong a chance. Hell if Sprong breaks out, archy and Kuhn along with Reaves are redundant anyway.

What assets did you waste here? 20 picks in a mediocre draft and a 4C potential center prospect?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Sprong should be top 6 or WB/S. The bottom 6 here would be completely detrimental to his development.

Sheary - Kessel - Hornqvist - Reaves.

Are you playing Sprong above any of those three?

If you move Sheary to LW, Rust is likely a bottom six RW so without injuries you likely icing Sprong in WBS regardless of performance or scratching Reaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad