GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I remember Steven Todd Ives mentioning that a problem Boqvist had was that he wouldn’t go to the front of the net. He said something along the lines of “if Boqvist gets hit in a particular area of the ice, he avoids it for the rest of the game”. He felt we should have taken Heponiemi instead because of this.

I’ve been noticing that Boqvist has been going to the net consistently this year, which is I think a big part of why he’s having more success. I would love to hear from Steve if he agrees and if it changes his opinion of Boqvist.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
The Sabres are better than us in what universe? Oh yeah, the one where we’re playing an ECHLer in net, missing our best defensive d-man and our #1, 94-pt pace centre and playing 2 guys who were in the AHL 2 weeks ago lol.

That’s without taking into account that our #1 d-man is clearly affected by his 2 injuries and the fishbowl.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There are two things im not worried of. Jack and Hamilton returning to form next season after they rest up.

The nonsensical loudmouths on here always need a scapegoat and they manifested one in Hamilton even though we all know he is not at 100% stamina and playing in a bubble.

People are showing their asses with comments that Dougie was never good at any of his stops all of a sudden.

His face was broken, dude will be fine next year. He looked excellent this season when we was still healthy.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I said it before he is not the same player he was before his injury ,and should have been done for the rest of the season just like Jack Hughes ...I think that playing him is doing more harm than good.
Well I agree he should not be in when it’s pointless and obvious that hes not at 100. But you and others are obviously framing your posts in a why to create this narrative of him sucking for the next 8 years when he has been stellar his entire career and here when healthy.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
The complete lack of being able to look at things objectively and just emotional incessant bitching has to be such an exhausting way to live.
People are so caught up in Dougie being affected because of his 2 injuries and the fishbowl that they just conveniently forget that he was really good at the start of the season.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Well I agree he should not be in when it’s pointless and obvious that hes not at 100. But you and others are obviously framing your posts in a why to create this narrative of him sucking for the next 8 years when he has been stellar his entire career and here when healthy.
It's bad watching him make bad passes and not hit the net on 90% of his shots. But don't blame me for that it's the coaches that have forced us to watch this ..... oh wait maybe now I'm creating a narrative of the coaches sucking ... so sorry bro😂

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
You'd think after seeing Nico play like shit last year people would hold off until next year before judging him.
Not comparable at all. Nico missed more time with injuries that actually reasonable affect his physical ability and take time to get past. A broken jaw sucks immediately after when you can’t eat solid foods but after that’s it’s pretty much just about protecting which is why he took a while skating and trying out different protectors. There isn’t really any lasting physical affects. Certainly shouldn’t excuse his play after 27 games.

That being said he’s been a bit better as of late and he probably just went through a rough patch. There’s a middle ground to this. Hopefully he can get back to his best next season.

I will add that he really pisses me off on the powerplay.

Reactions: Dylan9z9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad