GDT: Preseason game 6: Sharks @ Vegas 7:00pm stream on sharks.nhl.com

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don’t really agree with that team building philosophy, though. I think our top 3 lines should be able to score.

Again, on a purely morale level, where Warsofsky preaches competition and drive and the desire to win, not putting Gushchin into the lineup after this game undercuts his entire messaging.

Give him a few games and see what he can do, if it’s not working, send him down.
We don't have enough good offensive players for our top 3 lines to be able to score, even with Gushchin in there. We're also not trying to build a contending team this season. Our main concern should be providing Celebrini and Smith the best possible opportunity to flourish.

Not having Gushchin on the opening night roster doesn't undercut anything. Everyone knows it's a business and these decisions are fundamentally determined by contracts and waiver status.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I also think Thompson makes the team. He has to be better than one of the RD we have at carrying thr puck. Though he did have a rough 2nd?
I think Cagnoni should be the guy since he’d help the power play. If Thompson took Thrun’s spot, I wouldn’t be upset but Thompson should fill in anytime Ceci, Rutta, or Benning get injured which is guaranteed to happen.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I think Cagnoni should be the guy since he’d help the power play. If Thompson took Thrun’s spot, I wouldn’t be upset but Thompson should fill in anytime Ceci, Rutta, or Benning get injured which is guaranteed to happen.

Cagnoni is almost certainly going to get some AHL time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad