GDT: Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Not comparable at all. Nico missed more time with injuries that actually reasonable affect his physical ability and take time to get past. A broken jaw sucks immediately after when you can’t eat solid foods but after that’s it’s pretty much just about protecting which is why he took a while skating and trying out different protectors. There isn’t really any lasting physical affects. Certainly shouldn’t excuse his play after 27 games.

That being said he’s been a bit better as of late and he probably just went through a rough patch. There’s a middle ground to this. Hopefully he can get back to his best next season.

I will add that he really pisses me off on the powerplay.
He also had a lower body injury before the jaw injury. Also, every player recuperates from injuries differently. These guys aren’t robots. No one knows what he’s going through. I’m 100% putting more stock in the start of the year and his whole career vs. 20-some games after COVID and injuries.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
People are so caught up in Dougie being affected because of his 2 injuries and the fishbowl that they just conveniently forget that he was really good at the start of the season.

Also beyond the Dougie stuff and actually believing Buffalo's better than us lol. They do 2 things better. They have a better PP. That's just true as of now (might not hold true next year if we have a competent PP coach). Their goalies are better. I mean yeah of course that's true when both of our goalies have been hurt all year and we've been playing AHLers. We allow fewer chances, create more chances, are better on the PK, score more goals, have higher high end talent, and are younger. If you're looking at this score and our records and thinking that they're better then you just don't look at context and have a complete lack critical thinking skills.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
People are so caught up in Dougie being affected because of his 2 injuries and the fishbowl that they just conveniently forget that he was really good at the start of the season.
The broken jaw isn’t something that has long lasting physical effects and the fishbowl is so irrelevant. Not saying he needs to be ripped on or that anyone needs to be freaking out or overly worried. But those excuses are really silly ag this point 27 games later.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They look horrendous. It is what it is. Missing Hughes is huge for sure. Doesn't change the fact that they look like crap.

Bo continues to do good things. You can tell he's fighting for a job. Unlike many others going through the motions.
If you think the Sabres players have a different investment level then ours… I don’t know why you think that. This team hasn’t quit at all.

A guy or two is sick or banged up obviously but they just beat teams fighting to get in the playoffs in must win games. This game was pretty evenly matched (and a little odd) until some ugly bounces and dumb shit happened.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The broken jaw isn’t something that has long lasting physical effects and the fishbowl is so irrelevant. Not saying he needs to be ripped on or that anyone needs to be freaking out or overly worried. But those excuses are really silly ag this point 27 games later.

Considering the dip in play compared to literally the rest of his career I don't get how you can say it's silly unless you just think he's drastically fallen off.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
He also had a lower body injury before the jaw injury. Also, every player recuperates from injuries differently. These guys aren’t robots. No one knows what he’s going through. I’m 100% putting more stock in the start of the year and his whole career vs. 20-some games after COVID and injuries.
I don’t know about the e lower body one but if he was playing through and then had time off to recover from that as well it seems very unlikely it’s anything serious. Yes people recover differently but that jaw injury quite simply doesn’t affect you physically for an extended period of time. It just doesn’t. And yes there shouldn’t be too much stock out in it at this point but the jaw injury excuse is a bad one at this time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I would imagine not eating solid food for weeks would have lasting impact, yes.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If you think the Sabres players have a different investment level then ours… I don’t know why you think that. This team hasn’t quit at all.

A guy or two is sick or banged up obviously but they just beat teams fighting to get in the playoffs in must win games. This game was pretty evenly matched (and a little odd) until some ugly bounces and dumb shit happened.

I think both teams look like garbage and theirs looks slightly better right now.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

It's been a typical Devils game where the goalies and PP are completely sinking the ship.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Considering the dip in play compared to literally the rest of his career I don't get how you can say it's silly unless you just think he's drastically fallen off.
I don’t. Players go through rough patches but that injury and recovery doesn’t affect you physically for a long stretch of time once you get past the initial recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad