Claimed off Waivers: Sabres claim Jordan Nolan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It’s as if his hands and feet couldn’t do what his brain envisioned him doing.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
god this new platform is hurting my brain

but i loved Nolan actually

and i'd take Nolan over Andreoff any day

even if Nolan is a UFA and even if Andreoff is cheaper and signed for 2 seasons

Reactions: SI90

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To be honest, he's an upgrade, and hopefully this signals the end of Deslauriers who cannot skate his way out of a wet paper bag. Nice guy, puts in the hits. But, as one of the few Nolan players left standing (the coach)....time to go son.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
To be honest, he's an upgrade, and hopefully this signals the end of Deslauriers who cannot skate his way out of a wet paper bag. Nice guy, puts in the hits. But, as one of the few Nolan players left standing (the coach)....time to go son.

For your sake, I hope he’s not an upgrade.

Feb 5, 2016
If Bailey, Rodriguez and Josefson make the Sabres roster Nolan could find himself on waivers again before the start of the season.

It's also not out of the realm of possibilities that Buffalo could be carrying 8 defensemen to start the season. So there may only be 1 extra forward on Buf's roster.

Jordan Nolan still has to prove his worth to the Sabres and earn a spot on their roster.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I remember thinking he was a massive pain to play against, so he has that going for him. best of luck.

Reactions: skyo

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Good for the Kings. I think they are starting to realize they have far too many of the same style of players, most of which, aren't as effective as they once were.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Unfortunately for Buffalo. several younger players (Fasching, Baptiste, Bailey, Smith,) have not shown enough to earn regular spots up front this preseason.

Griffith is still with The Sabres due to them not impressing.

Nolan is here to provide some of the physical play Foligno provided.

And yes; sadly it's true! Nolan is an upgrade over Deslauriers!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like they are going for style fit for the fourth line or 13th forward. It will be interesting to see if he's an upgrade on anyone other than Des who has actually been halfway decent in preseason action so far both in terms of his physical game and also as a PKer.

Full circle. He goes to the team his father coached to the Stanley Cup Finals.

I think you may have confused Nolan with Lindy Ruff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pretty weird Botterill would make a claim for a guy with very very little hockey IQ and will likely just put his team on the PK a lot.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Pretty weird Botterill would make a claim for a guy with very very little hockey IQ and will likely just put his team on the PK a lot.
He's an upgrade over Deslaurier, who is currently leading the race towards a roster spot after 6 other players haven't given Botts any reason they deserve it. Though I think Smith and Fasching looked good enough to grab it, they're better off down in the AHL to start anyway.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think seeing him unleashed will be great. Seems to have had a turbulent relationship with Sutter and that and his injuries bounced him in and out of the lineup with no real rhythm. Also as others have mentioned was sort of roster redundancy though the one with the most potential upside as well--but in the past that was problematic because even though he flashed brilliance, he was a liability defensively, and often turned over pucks at the blue line trying to make an extra play (of course, he was severely punished for this, as was the Kings' way). I'm a big fan and I hope he can flourish in Buffalo--there was a lot of untapped offensive potential there but if he's allowed to just play and run around a little he'll be at max effectiveness. Good tools, bricks for brains, but a hell of a lot of fun and a super nice guy. Sad to see him go, glad he gets to potentially play a role on a young team.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Took the words right out of my mouth. Sutter neutered him, he was a bit reckless in juniors and when he played that way in L.A. he was a force. When he didn't he was a press box popcorn connoisseur.
I think seeing him unleashed will be great. Seems to have had a turbulent relationship with Sutter and that and his injuries bounced him in and out of the lineup with no real rhythm. Also as others have mentioned was sort of roster redundancy though the one with the most potential upside as well--but in the past that was problematic because even though he flashed brilliance, he was a liability defensively, and often turned over pucks at the blue line trying to make an extra play (of course, he was severely punished for this, as was the Kings' way). I'm a big fan and I hope he can flourish in Buffalo--there was a lot of untapped offensive potential there but if he's allowed to just play and run around a little he'll be at max effectiveness. Good tools, bricks for brains, but a hell of a lot of fun and a super nice guy. Sad to see him go, glad he gets to potentially play a role on a young team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad