Claimed off Waivers: Sabres claim Jordan Nolan

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Took the words right out of my mouth. Sutter neutered him, he was a bit reckless in juniors and when he played that way in L.A. he was a force. When he didn't he was a press box popcorn connoisseur.

Disagree. Sutter is the one who gets credited often for giving Nolan and King their shot in 2012. He has been injured for 1.5 years and when he was in has been far from consistent. Also when in it seemed like he was not nearly as physical, or LA was not in a place in those games to start mucking it up taking away from how effective he was. I hope a new home helps him find that consistency and his balls. His skating is under appreciated.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Of course Sutter gave him a shot. The Kings desperately needed guys like King and Nolan when they first came in. Hes been injured for sure but his play when he was able to play for extended stretches was consistently good until he got hurt or did something to piss off Sutter. Guys like Clifford and King would have worse stretches of play and not get the same treatment Nolan did.
Disagree. Sutter is the one who gets credited often for giving Nolan and King their shot in 2012. He has been injured for 1.5 years and when he was in has been far from consistent. Also when in it seemed like he was not nearly as physical, or LA was not in a place in those games to start mucking it up taking away from how effective he was. I hope a new home helps him find that consistency and his balls. His skating is under appreciated.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Haven't watched much of LA the past few years, but he's gotta be better than Deslauriers.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What does that have to do with the topic?

Stop being butt hurt because you're favorite player was waived.

Oh I'm not, I'm just surprised you used hockey IQ as a knock on Nolan where your favorite player you always defend has zero lol. :p

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Oh I'm not, I'm just surprised you used hockey IQ as a knock on Nolan where your favorite player you always defend has zero lol. :p
Who's that? My favorite player was traded.

Nolan has terrible hockey IQ and it's well known.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Who's that? My favorite player was traded.

Nolan has terrible hockey IQ and it's well known.

Interesting lol.

Anyways, buffalo fans, he has real good hands for a bottom 6 player and speed. He has trouble being consistent, but I think that's due to coaching. Hopefully he finds his groove there, and if he does, he's a great player for bottom 6

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
He'll last one season at most then be let go when he openly campaigns for the GM job. Oops, confused him with his old man.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Interesting lol.

Anyways, buffalo fans, he has real good hands for a bottom 6 player and speed. He has trouble being consistent, but I think that's due to coaching. Hopefully he finds his groove there, and if he does, he's a great player for bottom 6

He has neither of those things at the same time, rendering him nearly entirely useless. The problem with Nolan is that he takes a lot of careless penalties, so he’s never on the ice. When he is on the ice, he tries to prove tbat he can be a top six player, but he ends up losing the puck. Coaches get so frustrated that he ends up in the dog house more often than not.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He has neither of those things at the same time, rendering him nearly entirely useless. The problem with Nolan is that he takes a lot of careless penalties, so he’s never on the ice. When he is on the ice, he tries to prove tbat he can be a top six player, but he ends up losing the puck. Coaches get so frustrated that he ends up in the dog house more often than not.

Can Nolan be physical and drop gloves?

Buffalo used him n the 4th line and he seemed fine for a 4th liner. I don't expect him to get time in the top 3 lines.

If he does what is asked Buffalo could keep him as a 13th/14th forward.

in 18/19 (assuming no trades) Buffalo has 7 forwards under contract and Reinhart an RFA. They have young forwards in Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Nylander, Rodrigues who outside of Nylander will need to clear waivers.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Can Nolan be physical and drop gloves?

Buffalo used him n the 4th line and he seemed fine for a 4th liner. I don't expect him to get time in the top 3 lines.

If he does what is asked Buffalo could keep him as a 13th/14th forward.

in 18/19 (assuming no trades) Buffalo has 7 forwards under contract and Reinhart an RFA. They have young forwards in Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Nylander, Rodrigues who outside of Nylander will need to clear waivers.

Yeah, Nolan can definitely be an effective fourth liner/extra forward, not trying to deny that. Some posters are just giving false hope that Buffalo picked up a gem, when in reality, he’s nothing more than a fourth liner. I don’t think any Buffalo fans have said that he’d be anything more than that, either; just trying to temper expectations.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I quite liked nolan in la. He seemed to have a few injuries towards the end of his time here though. Nolan is quite a good fighter, a good agitator and a bit of a character. He is mobile for a bigger guy and suprises you with a bit of skill every so often. My favourite moment of his was him prodding hartnell with his stick from the bench.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I consider Nolan one of the best fighters in the NHL. He always seemed to be in control of his fights and would switch from right to left time to time to take his opponents by surprise . I knew every time Nolan dropped the gloves someone was going to get rocked the only problem is he stopped dropping them . Not sure if Sutter had something to do with it but Nolan can throw them and very well actually.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I quite liked nolan in la. He seemed to have a few injuries towards the end of his time here though. Nolan is quite a good fighter, a good agitator and a bit of a character. He is mobile for a bigger guy and suprises you with a bit of skill every so often. My favourite moment of his was him prodding hartnell with his stick from the bench.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Love Jordan Nolan. Met him in person and a nice guy. Wish him the best in Buffalo.

He needed a change of scenery. Jordan's fighting did go down a bit over the past few years, but so has fighting in the game. He never really had that killer instinct of being an instigator, he is a responsive fighter. Fights when he lays someone out and he has to defend himself. He isn't the type to fight off the face off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad