Hockey History Books

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
IMG_4236.jpeg

Just announced for publication this coming November is a brand new book by the legendary Brian McFarlane.

Official product description:

Publisher said:
“An official NHL authorized biography of the Toronto Maple Leafs by one of hockey's most important, prominent, and preeminent Hockey Hall of Famers, Brian McFarlane. A stunning tribute to Maple Leaf history with an extensive, never-before-seen collection of Leaf's organization photographs. On February 14, 1927, Conn Smythe led a group of investors to purchase the National Hockey League's struggling St. Patricks franchise. The new team would become the Toronto Maple Leafs. Almost a century later the Leafs would dazzle their fans with hockey excellence and claiming 11 league championships. The stories and photographs collected in this essential and definitive book about The Toronto Maple Leafs, captures a new history of one of the NHL's most storied hockey clubs told through the the eyes of Brian McFarlane, who was there, with them, every step of the way.“

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Has anyone heard anything about a potential release date for the second volume of Grant Pennell's Summit Series analysis to follow Sitting On Tretiak?

I believe the author said on here last year that he was hoping for early 2024, which didn't happen. I hope the sequel is still in the works.

Reactions: seventieslord

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Has anyone heard anything about a potential release date for the second volume of Grant Pennell's Summit Series analysis to follow Sitting On Tretiak?

I believe the author said on here last year that he was hoping for early 2024, which didn't happen. I hope the sequel is still in the works.
On February 26th, the author told me personally, "it's a long process. Probably another year or so."

It would be a shame if the second volume never came out. This book was extremely unique - by far the most detailed look at the on-ice events in the summit series.

But it needed an editor.... badly. Problem with that is it's such a huge book on such a niche topic (with so many spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors on every page), that any good editor would deserve to be paid well in excess of what one would expect gross sales to be. So we have to take it as it is.... warts and all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad