Value of: Ryan Strome’s next contact

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Ryan continues to play well with Panarin. It looks like the Rangers want to continue to make him the #2 center on the team.

What do you think his contract extension will look like?

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
5x$4 million aav
Security long term and a bit of a discount to stay in a place he’s played really well at

I would take that in a heart beat. I’m scared that he wants something similar to what Kreider signed.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
5x$4 million aav
Security long term and a bit of a discount to stay in a place he’s played really well at

As a Isles fan and had him as a pup. If that's what he wanted, would love to be in the mix for him and bring him back to play with Brazal on one of the wingers.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
5x5 would be a significant discount

Hes not signing rhat now either.

Rangers should have given him that 2 years ago.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I would take that in a heart beat. I’m scared that he wants something similar to what Kreider signed.
If he gets what krieder got then god bless him. He probably gets more then what I put down. I just think he’s in a great spot for himself going forward. Team and line wise.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If he gets what krieder got then god bless him. He probably gets more then what I put down. I just think he’s in a great spot for himself going forward. Team and line wise.
Yah... but why take a 10-15M$ discount?

Someone will offer him more $ and more term on the open market. A mistake, but still.

He'll maybe sign 6x6 from the NYR, 5x4 is just delusionnal, not goinf to take a contract that brings hom to 33 unless the $ sign is crazy high.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Hoping for 3 years 6.5-7 million if they're gonna stick with him. Team gets short term control, he gets a nice raise, and takes him to just before his 32nd birthday and the opportunity for another good contract.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Will be an interesting one to watch. If I’m the Rangers I would let him walk, if they commit big dollars to Strome they are going to have a hard time fitting in an actual 1C which I think they really need. Zibanejad/Strome is very unlikely to be a cup winning 1/2 C combo in my opinion so why handcuff yourself to them.

Strome gets points but in the same way Ennis, PAP, Deharnais, and Kerfoot get points. I would stay away if I were them even if another option via trade was not immediately available.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Personally, I let him walk.

I need Lafreniere on pp1 not strome.

I need Kakko on pp2, not strome

Need to make room for the kids.

This is all irrelevant because Strome is a 2C and the guys guy mentioned aren’t. Chytil is also not the answer. He’s too big of a question mark for a 2C spot on a playoff team.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
He may get it and Gorton’s inability to lock him up 2 years ago is hurting the team now. Also him drafting Lias and Chytil who are both busts over taking Suzuki,Villardi, or Necas. Rangers have little leverage and need a 2C.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This is all irrelevant because Strome is a 2C and the guys guy mentioned aren’t. Chytil is also not the answer. He’s too big of a question mark for a 2C spot on a playoff team.

It's very relevant.

Don't need Strome on the 1st unit with Mika there. Get Alexis in there. Don't want him on the 2nd unit as he is taking away time from youngsters that are part of the long-term future here. Chytil is fine for the PP2 center position.

Chytil is still JUST 22 years old. He absolutely needs to get his shit together, but I would rather take the risk with his as 2c going forward than commit to Strome for 6+ years and $5.5 or better per.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I agree with @pld459666 in that we need those mins for our youth.
I disagree that we "let him walk".

Should command a late 1st w/o retention, or equiv, better w/retention.
We had too many Eric Strome, Clowe, etc overreaches, along with other misststeps that we cannot just piss away any opportunities to add assets.

Also note my following post....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There needs to be some serious bending, buckling and breaking to reality, in this case math.

Next season we bump up Zib AND Fox by HUGE amounts.
Stop pretending that is not the case.
Other than Nemeth who is a min 2.5, the only guy we can deal is Lindgren, and we should not go there unless it is part of a comprehensive solution [such as facilitating to get us top dollar in a larger package].
Unless/until Trouba relents and we replace most of his 8 per with Schneider's elc, we have ZERO cap flexibility.
NONE NONE NONE NONE
let that sink in.
We don't want to trade Kreider, and he also is nmc.

Strome 4.5 + Geo both expiring are gone. Lose Nemeth.
We can scrape around guys like McKegg.

This does not cover increases for Blais, LaF, Kakko, etc but we may be able to ask them to hold off 1-2 yrs.
But Zib + Fox will suck every drop of $$ oxygen out of the cap room, EVERY EFFIN DROP

the truth is your friend
admit bern is telling it

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
disagree
constant win now posture does not help the team

also, Strome may be 2C and fully checks off enough on offense, but this guy is not higher b'c of other limitations on his game

He may get it and Gorton’s inability to lock him up 2 years ago is hurting the team now. Also him drafting Lias and Chytil who are both busts over taking Suzuki,Villardi, or Necas. Rangers have little leverage and need a 2C.
Lias we agree is an effin ingrate, complete no talent.
Chytil is entirely different.

I am very pleased w/Chytil to date.
The LaF-Chytil-Gauthier line I propped over a year ago has been dominant. Granted scoring has been low, but they have outperformed opposition.

The weak link there is LaF, not Chytil. @jay from jersey has a fine anlaysis explaining that AF's skating is betraying the rest of what so far appears to be a stellar game, and once we get his teenager legs up to sufficient NHL level, watch out.

Chytil has not had a true, effective finisher. Blaming him for that is counterproductive.
Constantly, contstantly juggling lines is counterproductive.

Lose the excess vets.
Deal Strome for futures, promote Barron.
Create a roster spot for Krav
Stop w/win now idiocy

The faster we develop our real core, the faster our future s ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad