Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling Part 4 (No MB talk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
What I see is an outright liar.

Danault has had three seasons as a full-time NHLer.

1st season 40 points.
2nd season heading for 40+ points got concussion ended at pace of 40 points.
3rd season pace of 52 points.

What an outright LIAR saying his history is 30-40 points. A few games per year at the beginning of his career don't count today, and you know it.
Not lying. How dare you. We'll see.

Philip Danault is a third liner, a very good one. That's his bed.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not lying. How dare you. We'll see.

Philip Danault is a third liner, a very good one. That's his bed.
Not once did Danault produce between 30 and 39 points in 82 games. He has been a 40+ point player since he first started playing regularly.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Was hoping to see that he'd finally signed. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next day or so.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not once did Danault produce between 30 and 39 points in 82 games. He has been a 40+ point player since he first started playing regularly.
Danault 3rd season as a regular.
Danault 2nd season with 40+ points.

These are facts. Do not care about you twisting them.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Danault 3rd season as a regular.
Danault 2nd season with 40+ points.

These are facts. Do not care about you twisting them.

The second season as a regular, Danault had a significant lost time with injury.

If missing a lot of games can be ignored by over-zealous posters, then the next one who dislikes Crosby will say that he is a 37-109 point scorer in the last 11 years, and that he had 37-72 points FOUR times. Oh my God!

Reactions: Sorinth

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The second season he had a significant lost time with injury.

If this can be ignored by over-zealous posters, then the next one who dislikes Crosby will say that he is a 37-109 point scorer in the last 11 years, and that he had less than 37-72 points FOUR times.
do not change the FACT he was a regular.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So was Crosby at the time. He’s right, Danault has paced 40+ in all of his season where he was considered a regular.

Can’t understand where the 30 pts thing from you and others come from
idiotic at best to talk about pace for a season where the player missed close to 40% of the games.

wtf are you talking about ? where did I talk about 30 pts ?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
idiotic at best to talk about pace for a season where the player missed close to 40% of the games.

wtf are you talking about ? where did I talk about 30 pts ?

Not you, #dinodebino said Danault was "always" a 30-40 point player prior to this year and that this year was a fluke. So, he expects him to go back to being a 30-40 point player in the future.

I guess that would be a good projection, if he only plays 60 games.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not you, #dinodebino said Danault was "always" a 30-40 point player prior to this year and that this year was a fluke. So, he expects him to go back to being a 30-40 point player in the future.

nope, he has 50+ pts this season, so he'll get his 50+ points every season now.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Naturally he will be a 30-40 player when he goes back to playing his designed role. It's why that's Ellers normal point range, if he played top 6 with that pp time and players he would score at the same pace.

Danault is like a lot of guys we've had in the past. Forced into a top 6 role because of a lack of other options (or guys the coach trusts/can develop) and someone has to earn those points. It's why Desharnais had a big season between Cole and Pacioretty.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Naturally he will be a 30-40 player when he goes back to playing his designed role. It's why that's Ellers normal point range, if he played top 6 with that pp time and players he would score at the same pace.

Danault is like a lot of guys we've had in the past. Forced into a top 6 role because of a lack of other options (or guys the coach trusts/can develop) and someone has to earn those points. It's why Desharnais had a big season between Cole and Pacioretty.

Really? Because up until last season, Eller had a carreer 30 points season in 2012-2013 but had 6x 17-28 points seasons in that time frame. He « Broke out » with a 38 points season at 28 years old and is on pace for ~37 points at 29 years old.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think the best for everyone is that he signed after the season. Give an other ELC year to MTL and Poehling can rest after his injury.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really? Because up until last season, Eller had a carreer 30 points season in 2012-2013 but had 6x 17-28 points seasons in that time frame. He « Broke out » with a 38 points season at 28 years old and is on pace for ~37 points at 29 years old.

Yes, so the morale of the story is.. when Eller is put in his third line role consistently (not banished to the fourth line for stretches, or playing LW on mismash lines) he produces 30-40 points as a 3C.. which is what you would see Danault do when given his proper role.

The point is that Danault's production above that threshold is because he's playing up in the line-up and when you do that, you tend to get score effects that increase your raw totals. In an ideal world, we have an actual capable 2C playing ahead of Danault who is capable of 60-70 points.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What I see is an outright liar.

Danault has had three seasons as a full-time NHLer.

1st season 40 points.
2nd season heading for 40+ points got concussion ended at pace of 40 points.
3rd season pace of 52 points.

What an outright LIAR saying his history is 30-40 points. A few games per year at the beginning of his career don't count today, and you know it.

I don't think Dino was lying. He said Danault would be a 30 to 40 point center and this year was an exception. So far the stats bear him out.

Personally, I think he is wrong and right. Wrong about Danault's future stats but right about Danault being a #3 when KK develops into......a #2........lol.......I'm sure that last statement will set off a few snowflakes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Even if Poehling signs, I would think he won't play any games with either Montreal or Laval. He got hurt pretty bad last weekend and although he did play for St. Cloud in their loss to AIC, he wasn't 100%.

I'm sure Bergevin will be aggressive in trying to sign him ASAP, if only to get that out of the way. And let Poehling properly heal and work hard in the off-season to come into camp ready to go.

Price

Jul 25, 2017
Hopefully he gets it done sooner then later... im really scared this kid walks...

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
With Primeau about to sign, I'm sure Poehling will not be far behind

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

:laugh:

Eller is a 20 to 30 pts player.....he’s never hit 40.....has 5 seasons of 20 some points and 3 seasons of 30 some

Eller has 40 and 50pt seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad