Confirmed with Link: Ryan McLeod & Ty Tullio traded to Buffalo for Matthew Savoie

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There's no question the 24-25 roster is improved, but man, feels like Adams should have been able to do better than giving up Savoie.

Obviously Helenius/Ostlund/Kulich means they still have plenty of solid F prospects, but I wonder if this also signals that they are higher on Rosen as well to be a scoring wing.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Wahlberg is bottom 6, I doubt Rosén will make it in the NHL, Kulich will likely be a good 3rd liner and Helenius and Östlund are ideal middle 6 centers.
I think Savoie had the most upside of our prospects. We lack high end forwards.

Who are they replacing? Are you trading tage and DC? What are you getting in return, draft picks?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Welp. I was banging on the 'need for a 3C drum' and I'd then be happy with the offseason, so, I will stick to that.

Do I wish this trade was for Rosen instead of Savoie? Yes
Do I think we overpaid? For sure
Does McLeod fit as a 3C? He does

I do not think this means another trade is coming for a top 6 scorer. But, maybe it does mean Krebs is on the way out. Maybe it's for help on the blue line?

I'll say this. there was a couple of times, McDavid was flying out there for Edmonton, and then at the end of the shift I was like oh, that wasn't McDavid it was McLeod. SO the speed is there.
With that kind of speed he should be finishing more! Maybe he will with a bit more icetime here..

I'll miss Savoie, but I bet he is happy heading to Edmonton, ready to make the NHL jump and get on a cup contender, so I'm happy for him as I go grab a tissue.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Again, I don't think it is straw man, I made an exaggeration tongue in cheek and didn't try to gaslight the exaggeration. It could be the last week of pure negativity spewing out of this board that got to me, who knows
Not worth the time or effort by either of us to spin our wheels. If you think it was a good trade that’s your opinion and I hope you’re right. I hope my opinion is wrong but I think this is one of the worst trades the Sabres have made in a long time. Edit- initial thought of; ROR level bad, I hope I’m wrong. I’m just that high on Savoie.

Last edited:
Reactions: SundherDome

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
We gave up a better prospect than ROR, Eichel and Reinhart returned.
I'm ok with trading Savoie but I hoped for a better player, would have been ok with adding our 2025 1st+ to get someone that can challenge for a top 6 spot.

False for Eichel. We took cap dumps for ROR, clouding the return. Reinhart, we were trading one year of control, and that's it.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Not worth the time or effort by either of us to spin our wheels. If you think it was a good trade that’s your opinion and I hope you’re right. I hope my opinion is wrong but I think this is one of the worst trades the Sabres have made in a long time. ROR level bad, I hope I’m wrong. I’m just that high on Savoie.
The ROR trade didn't actually turn out that bad for us, ya know.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Wahlberg is bottom 6, I doubt Rosén will make it in the NHL, Kulich will likely be a good 3rd liner and Helenius and Östlund are ideal middle 6 centers.
I think Savoie had the most upside of our prospects. We lack high end forwards.
Dying to know how Kulich, who has led the Amerks in goals two years in a row as a teenager, is a clear PP1 guy who has an elite shot and fits best in a top six usage with o zone starts is a third liner…while you’ve seen enough from an undersized energy bringing two way willing junior player to say he’s top six.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Maybe part of why I’m not bothered by the cost is that I genuinely didn’t see how Savoie was getting in the lineup here. Kulich passed him. He’s their guy at wing. Whatever spot opens up in the near future is his. Benson already took the one Savoie was penciled in for in the future. For good. So maybe he’s an undersized center instead? But…we just drafted Helenius who actually does that. And Ostlund before him. So I guess third line wing? But I like the dynamic Wahlberg brings in that spot because it’s different.

Yeah we’d all prefer Rosen go instead I guess. But Rosen is awfully slept on for a smart fast skilled player who has learned to play against men and stay healthy doing it.

Rosen and Kulich went backwards in playoffs but I will take their regular season performance in the A over Savoie in junior. Rosen at 20 had a good year in the AHL. Kulich has some pretty impressive time in the AHL. Savoie has had six games so who knows

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Who are they replacing? Are you trading tage and DC? What are you getting in return, draft picks?
Sorry but I don't understand your post. I like those prospects but many of them are really good role players rather than potential elite forwards. Savoie had top 6 upside.

Thompson and Cozens are good players but they can't really compete with the high end talent on other teams. I wanted us to get a center that could challenge them. 3 deep could help us win more match ups.

McLeod is absolutely an ok 3C but a better fit for a team with high end centers.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Rosen and Kulich went backwards in playoffs but I will take their regular season performance in the A over Savoie in junior. Rosen at 20 had a good year in the AHL. Kulich has some pretty impressive time in the AHL. Savoie has had six games so who knows
But before that, Kulich had a great playoff, they are still kids and can be unstable.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
except for the five guys we currently have in our top 6? Quinn, Peterka, Thompson, Cozens, and Benson are all higher end forwards.

Come on
Panarin, Reinhart, Barkov, Matthews, Marner, Nylander are high end, star players.

Thompsons 56 points was the highest among the players you listed.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
They gave him 3 minutes on the big club sent him to the WHL then traded him lol. Cant wait for Savoie to be putting up ppg next to McDavid in 2 years.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There's no question the 24-25 roster is improved, but man, feels like Adams should have been able to do better than giving up Savoie.

Obviously Helenius/Ostlund/Kulich means they still have plenty of solid F prospects, but I wonder if this also signals that they are higher on Rosen as well to be a scoring wing.
I think they are higher on some of other specs like Neuchev Poltapov and Wahlberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad