Is this the year either of Buffalo, Detroit or Ottawa break through?

Is this the year one of Ottawa, Detroit or Buffalo finally break through?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ottawa improved their goaltending. Will be interesting to see how Green runs the team as yes the goalies sucked for Ottawa, but the team defensive play sucked major ass, too.

Detroit - feels like they're the same as they were last year. If Lucas Raymond can take another step and/or Kasper comes in and is a step ahead where he should be at this point they might

Buffalo - they've made some weird trades this off season, but made it with the intention of having a harder to play against bottom 6, better on draws. Between the 3 they probably have the best forward group and d group. They should be the best bet for one of these 3 teams to make it.

Boston
Tampa
Toronto
Florida

They should make it.

Rangers
Hurricanes
3rd team from the metro.

If these 3 teams were swapped with 3 teams from the metro there's a good chance all 3 could make it because the metro sucks thar much now.

That said, the way I see it there's 1 spot for those 3 and it's wide open.

TL:DR one of those 3 should make it this year.
I really don't think Tampa is a lock for next year at all

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Perhaps, we will see, but regardless of if you are better or not it doesn't mean giving up a top 10 pick for a 3rd line center was a good idea.

The thread pertains to this year though...

It might have been an overpay but doesn't mean it was a bad idea either. We traded from a position of strength and still have Benson who passed him and Kulich, Ostlund, Helenius, Rosen. It certainly doesn't mean things aren't looking good as you said.

For this specific thread, we also have an entirely upgraded 4th line as well as the new 3C. Revamped bottom six should really help.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Truth is - I don't expect my Habs in the playoffs this year, I think next year is the year we make it. This year would be a big surprise.

As for the Atlantic...I feel as though the top 4 teams are still the favorites and most likely teams to qualify, but I feel as though all 4 are more vulnerable than ever for missing playoffs. But it doesn't mean any of them - let alone more than 1 - will miss, but it is just very possible.

Tampa Bay - significant changes this off-season. Stamkos/Sergachev gone, McDonough back and Guentzel added. I think extremely highly of this core in Tampa, but they were already trending downwards last year, so who knows if these changes end up good or bad. They are more likely to miss the playoffs this year than at any point in the past ~7 years or so.

Boston - also significant changes this off-season. To their credit - nobody expected them to make playoffs 2 years ago and they set an all-time record. Last year with their top 2 Cs gone everyone thought they would falther a lot, and they were super strong in the regular season. So it seems unwise to doubt them, even with some changes. But I still think they're due to trend down, and could maybe miss.

Toronto - Probably the least question marks from a regular season expectations year over year among the 4 teams. They were good in the regular season last year and every year prior, similar core, no reason they shouldn't be again. The risk here I guess is the new coach, Marner contract due and the constant failures in playoffs could cause this team to implode unexpectedly - either with a down year, or with management doing significant changes in-year. I think they're the most likely of the 4 to make playoffs, but also the most likely of the 4 to have a complete meltdown season, if that makes sense.

Florida - No real reason they shouldn't make playoffs per se. But, cup hangovers are possible, and happen often. They also lost a LOT of pieces in the off-season. Maybe not a lot of major pieces, but it does affect the overall depth/roster to see so much change. Bob is old, prone to inconsistencies in his career, and has had a ton of games played for 2 years in a row - an off-year is possible. So Florida missing isn't out of the question.

As of now - my prediction is all 4 make it, and all of the other 4 miss (including Habs). But I might change my mind as we get closer to start of year. And I truly do believe Habs are going to leapfrog all of Ottawa/Detroit/Buffalo within ~1 year.
Of course you do. They have no number 1 d man and a below average number 1 center and no legitimate number 2 center. They have a very long way to do, maybe someday they do but its not going to be next year they arent close to as good as those 3 other teams not to mention the big 4 that are coming back. The only reason they werent battling out San Jose and Co for last overall last year was goaltending that was very good and likely over achieved.

I mean that's just Pinto being an idiot
Making a proxy bet on football and getting suspended for 41 games is ridiculous. Literally every one does this.

For the Atlantic I think Toronto and Boston got better. I think Florida is still great but they lost their 2nd and 3rd best d men and replaced them with bottom pair guys. Any team is going to feel it but they still make the playoffs.

I really dont know about Tampa. Stamkos is the captain and heart and soul of that team, i think he's a better player than Guentzel and sergachev is better than Mcdonough. So they got worse. They are still really good dont get me wrong I just dont love the moves they made. Its a tough division. I feel like for any of these three teams to get in its because only 3 get in from the metro.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Of course you do. They have no number 1 d man and a below average number 1 center and no legitimate number 2 center. They have a very long way to do, maybe someday they do but its not going to be next year they arent close to as good as those 3 other teams not to mention the big 4 that are coming back. The only reason they werent battling out San Jose and Co for last overall last year was goaltending that was very good and likely over achieved.

Making a proxy bet on football and getting suspended for 41 games is ridiculous. Literally every one does this.

For the Atlantic I think Toronto and Boston got better. I think Florida is still great but they lost their 2nd and 3rd best d men and replaced them with bottom pair guys. Any team is going to feel it but they still make the playoffs.

I really dont know about Tampa. Stamkos is the captain and heart and soul of that team, i think he's a better player than Guentzel and sergachev is better than Mcdonough. So they got worse. They are still really good dont get me wrong I just dont love the moves they made. Its a tough division. I feel like for any of these three teams to get in its because only 3 get in from the metro.

They did get worse but I don't think it's enough for them to fall out of the top 4, if they had not replaced Stamkos with Guentzel maybe but they did so I think they stay top 4

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm thinking Montreal is 2 years away from the playoffs, I think Montreal has to wait for Tampa to fall off and I think that happens around 2027.

It's funny that you mention the new Leafs coach as one of the reasons they might have a down year because the new coach is one of the reasons I'm more confident, I don't think Keefe is a good coach at all, I think he's been propped up by the talent he's always had, and will now have in NJ.

NJ fans have no idea, but they will find out when the playoffs come and they see the other coach coach circles around him.

The other reason is the defense, I really do like the Tanev, OEL and Hakanpaa signings I think the defense is upgraded significantly

You say Montreal "has to wait for Tampa to fall off". I'm honestly not sure which of the top 4 teams falls off first - or maybe a couple at the same time. I've been very consistent in praising the 4 for years, and always saying "track record counts, and they know how to make playoffs", and never truly giving Detroit/Buff/Ott a chance at playoffs above them.

But I think the 4 teams are a bit more unpredictable now.

I really think Florida lost a lot of pieces. And I don't know how much faith I have in Bob in the long run.
Boston is 2 years overdue for falling off big time. How sustainable is that? Swayman did good last year, but this will be his first time being a true #1 goalie. Lots of other changes they did
Tampa with big changes
Toronto - patience is running out with all the playoff failures. The bottom could fall out from under them at some point. Marner/Tavares contract ending soon. This could be good/bad.

I don't really have an issue with the new Leafs coach per se - I'm just saying any type of coaching change brings risks, so you never know. I am predicting Toronto to finish #1 in Atlantic - I'm just saying it's also a small possibility things could go the other way and shit hits the fan.

The other problem with the Atlantic:

Ottawa - so many fans were sure they'd be a strong playoff team/threat last year. I didn't think so - and they somehow got worst year over year. Why would they make playoffs now?

Buffalo - bad off-season, after a bad season. Can they make playoffs in theory? Sure maybe, but they're in a worst spot today than a year ago I think

Detroit - I'm not a big fan of their team/rebuild. They're probably closest - but I still pick them 5th. I see this core as a bubble team - even if they made it, they ain't going far.

I really think Montreal is going to surpass all of them within a couple of years.

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Know it all

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You say Montreal "has to wait for Tampa to fall off". I'm honestly not sure which of the top 4 teams falls off first - or maybe a couple at the same time. I've been very consistent in praising the 4 for years, and always saying "track record counts, and they know how to make playoffs", and never truly giving Detroit/Buff/Ott a chance at playoffs above them.

I really think Florida lost a lot of pieces. And I don't know how much faith I have in Bob in the long run.
Boston is 2 years overdue for falling off big time. How sustainable is that? Swayman did good last year, but this will be his first time being a true #1 goalie. Lots of other changes they did
Tampa with big changes
Toronto - patience is running out with all the playoff failures. The bottom could fall out from under them at some point. Marner/Tavares contract ending soon. This could be good/bad.

I don't really have an issue with the new Leafs coach per se - I'm just saying any type of coaching change brings risks, so you never know. I am predicting Toronto to finish #1 in Atlantic - I'm just saying it's also a small possibility things could go the other way and shit hits the fan.

Ottawa - so many fans were sure they'd be a strong playoff team/threat last year. I didn't think so - and they somehow got worst year over year. Why would they make playoffs now?

Buffalo - bad off-season, after a bad season. Can they make playoffs in theory? Sure maybe, but they're in a worst spot today than a year ago I think

Detroit - I'm not a big fan of their team/rebuild. They're probably closest - but I still pick them 5th. I see this core as a bubble team - even if they made it, they ain't going far.

I really think Montreal is going to surpass all of them within a couple of years.
Holy wishful thinking Batman. Fantasy land. Everyone else sucks or is regressing and Montreal is marching to another dynasty is that how its going to go?

0 context to any of this other than what you hope/wish happens. No depth in analysis, if you want a sounding board why not just stick to the Habs forum.

Ottawa did get better they had league worst goaltending while having massive turnover in the organization. A wild suspension. To think that they havent upgraded in management, coaching and goaltending would be predictably naive. They finally have stable leadership in the organization and insulated the youth with some experience and consistent players. Another team that is also young and improving.

Buffalo is not in a worse spot than last year, you count on Montreal's youth improving but no one elses. They have way more talent than Montreal in literally every position and just as good a prospect pool and has better established talent.

Montreal has some good prospects, no number 1 d man and are weak down the middle not only in what they currently have but their prospect pool too. Is Montembeault the real deal or was he a goalie with no pressure on a bottom of the league team that got lots of rubber. Lots of goalies play well in this scenario.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Holy wishful thinking Batman. Fantasy land. Everyone else sucks or is regressing and Montreal is marching to another dynasty is that how its going to go?

0 context to any of this other than what you hope/wish happens. No depth in analysis, if you want a sounding board why not just stick to the Habs forum.

Ottawa did get better they had league worst goaltending while having massive turnover in the organization. A wild suspension. To think that they havent upgraded in management, coaching and goaltending would be predictably naive. They finally have stable leadership in the organization and insulated the youth with some experience and consistent players. Another team that is also young and improving.

Buffalo is not in a worse spot than last year, you count on Montreal's youth improving but no one elses. They have way more talent than Montreal in literally every position and just as good a prospect pool and has better established talent.

Montreal has some good prospects, no number 1 d man and are weak down the middle not only in what they currently have but their prospect pool too. Is Montembeault the real deal or was he a goalie with no pressure on a bottom of the league team that got lots of rubber. Lots of goalies play well in this scenario.

I think Buffalo is going to surprise a lot of people in the sense they seem to be expected to be good and I just don't see it.

I look at the Sabres and I have them 6th and that's assuming they are better than Ottawa and I'm not convinced they are.

I look at Zucker for Skinner and to me that's a downgrade, or if you want to say Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then MAYBE you can say that's an upgrade depending on what Oloffsson does in Vegas, but if Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then that means they didn't replace Skinner and that's still a downgrade.

The Beck Malinstine trade is baffling to me, you want to add a 4th liner that's fine, every team needs good 4th line guys but they don't cost 2nd round picks, that pick could have been used on a MUCH better player we know that, we have seen that, we saw that at the draft when John Marino went for 2 2nds.

Now it's true they don't need John Marino, I actually like their defense assuming It's healthy but if John Marino went for 2 2nds, surely Buffalo could have gotten a better forward than Beck Malinstine for a 2nds or even 2 2nds.

Then there is the Ryan Mclode trade, I get that the Sabres want to get faster and they have achieved that but to do that they gave up a top 10 pick from 2 years ago, that seems like to much for a guy I assume will be used at 3C.

Buffalo's bottom 6 got faster but will it matter when there is no real offensive threat beyond the top 6?

It feels like they overpaid in what they did.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Buffalo is going to surprise a lot of people in the sense they seem to be expected to be good and I just don't see it.

I look at the Sabres and I have them 6th and that's assuming they are better than Ottawa and I'm not convinced they are.

I look at Zucker for Skinner and to me that's a downgrade, or if you want to say Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then MAYBE you can say that's an upgrade depending on what Oloffsson does in Vegas, but if Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then that means they didn't replace Skinner and that's still a downgrade.

The Beck Malinstine trade is baffling to me, you want to add a 4th liner that's fine, every team needs good 4th line guys but they don't cost 2nd round picks, that pick could have been used on a MUCH better player we know that, we have seen that, we saw that at the draft when John Marino went for 2 2nds.

Now it's true they don't need John Marino, I actually like their defense assuming It's healthy but if John Marino went for 2 2nds, surely Buffalo could have gotten a better forward than Beck Malinstine for a 2nds or even 2 2nds.

Then there is the Ryan Mclode trade, I get that the Sabres want to get faster and they have achieved that but to do that they gave up a top 10 pick from 2 years ago, that seems like to much for a guy I assume will be used at 3C.

Buffalo's bottom 6 got faster but will it matter when there is no real offensive threat beyond the top 6?

It feels like they overpaid in what they did.
You have Detroit ahead of both of them? I don't. Detroit just isn't that good. I don't see how they got better. Their young talent has the least amount of upside and they had the best goaltending riding alex Lyon of all people. Very good chance Ottawa and Buffalo have much better goaltending this season with more upside and high end talent in the lineup.

All you have to do is look at Buffalo's prospect depth to see why they made that trade. They probably have Benson, Kulich, Ostlund, Helenius and Rosen all ahead of Savoie and think that McLeods just scratching the surface. That's alot of undersized skill forwards. How many can you have? Small wingers just aren't very valuable unless they are absolute game breakers. Both Savoie and Geekie got dumped this offseason. I think they were both really unimpressive in my viewings. Probably a product of a strong team in the WHL but don't have the most translatable skillsets. I don't like the trade but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

They have Quinn, Tuch, Peterka and Benson in the top 6 winger spots. I don't think he is as good a prospect or will be as good as any of them. Plus those 4 other forward prospects.

I think they see McLeod as having more room for growth and upside while filling a position of need as 3rd line center. Undersized skill wingers are the easiest position to fill. It's a dime a dozen out there.

Reactions: Aladyyn

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You have Detroit ahead of both of them? I don't. Detroit just isn't that good. I don't see how they got better. Their young talent has the least amount of upside and they had the best goaltending riding alex Lyon of all people. Very good chance Ottawa and Buffalo have much better goaltending this season with more upside and high end talent in the lineup.

All you have to do is look at Buffalo's prospect depth to see why they made that trade. They probably have Benson, Kulich, Ostlund, Helenius and Rosen all ahead of Savoie and think that McLeods just scratching the surface. That's alot of undersized skill forwards. How many can you have? Small wingers just aren't very valuable unless they are absolute game breakers. Both Savoie and Geekie got dumped this offseason. I think they were both really unimpressive in my viewings. Probably a product of a strong team in the WHL but don't have the most translatable skillsets. I don't like the trade but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

They have Quinn, Tuch, Peterka and Benson in the top 6 winger spots. I don't think he is as good a prospect or will be as good as any of them. Plus those 4 other forward prospects.

I think they see McLeod as having more room for growth and upside while filling a position of need as 3rd line center. Undersized skill wingers are the easiest position to fill. It's a dime a dozen out there.

As of now I have Detroit in 5th, I think Buffalo and Detroit got worse, I don't understand the Walman trade at all especially since they gave SJ a free 2nd rounder.

But Detroit was better than Buffalo last season so if both teams got worse, and I think they both did, then neither team made up any ground on the other so Detroit stays ahead.

If Detroit gets passed by anybody it will be Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
As of now I have Detroit in 5th, I think Buffalo and Detroit got worse, I don't understand the Walman trade at all especially since they gave SJ a free 2nd rounder.

But Detroit was better than Buffalo last season so if both teams got worse, and I think they both did, then neither team made up any ground on the other so Detroit stays ahead.

Detroit really wasn't better than Buffalo though. They had better goaltending and alot of Buffalo guys had down years fought injuries etc. Sake with Ottawa. Detroit didn't have any of that happen.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

They're literally not though

How did the Sabres get worse though? They improved their whole 4th line, got a 3C upgrade, a better coach and what should be more consistent goaltending for the year.

Add hopefully better health to some key players and the general improvement from all the younger guys... just can't see how someone can actually say we got worse. Other than you, who thinks we will magically be an eternally shit team.

As for the other part, you know the Sabres were better than the Wings just the season before right?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

How did the Sabres get worse though? They improved their whole 4th line, got a 3C upgrade, a better coach and what should be more consistent goaltending for the year.

Add hopefully better health to some key players and the general improvement from all the younger guys... just can't see how someone can actually say we got worse. Other than you, who thinks we will magically be an eternally shit team.

As for the other part, you know the Sabres were better than the Wings just the season before right?

A lot of key Buffalo players were expected to have great seasons last year (following a promising 22-23), and instead seemed to regress/do worst
They bought out Skinner and did...nothing with cap space. Why? he's still a good player

It's possible Buffalo finally puts it all together and has a good season - but I can tell you that from the outside looking in, it doesn't look very promising. I've kind of given up on them after years of expecting them to do something.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The real question is how did you not get worse? like I said you either replaced Skinner with Zucker and that's a downgrade no question.

OR

You replaced Oloffsson with Zucker and that MIGHT be an upgrade depending on what Oloffsson does in Vegas but if Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then that means they didn't replace Skinner and that's a downgrade

So either way they downgraded the forwards.

Unless of course you believe that Beck Malinstine and Ryan Mclode are going to score 20-25 each, I do not.

But I do think that as long as that forward core stays healthy Jeff Skinner is going to score 30-50 next to Mcdavid, Draisatil, RNH wherever they choose to put him it doesn't actually matter, they could put RNH, at 2C and run Draisatil-Mcdavid-Skinner if they want.

I just don't see Beck Malinstine and Ryan Mclode making a damn bit of difference.

The Buffalo Sabres clearly wanted to get faster and they have achieved that but that only goes so far when NOBODY in the bottom 6 is a threat to score.

My team deals with that too to a point but not like yours.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The real question is how did you not get worse? like I said you either replaced Skinner with Zucker and that's a downgrade no question.

OR

You replaced Oloffsson with Zucker and that MIGHT be an upgrade depending on what Oloffsson does in Vegas but if Zucker is the Oloffsson replacement then that means they didn't replace Skinner and that's a downgrade

Unless of course you believe that Beck Malinstine and Ryan Mclode are going to score 20-25 each, I do not.

But I do think that as long as that forward core stays healthy Jeff Skinner is going to score 30-50 next to Mcdavid, Draisatil, RNH wherever they choose to put him it doesn't actually matter, they could put RNH, at 2C and run Draisatil-Mcdavid-Skinner if they want.

I just don't see Beck Malinstine and Ryan Mclode making a damn bit of difference.

The Buffalo Sabres clearly wanted to get faster and they have achieved that but that only goes so far when NOBODY in the bottom 6 is a threat to score.

What Olofsson does in vegas has no impact on the sabres getting worse. It might make the moves look worse, but losing production that didn't exist, doesn't make the team worse lol.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I really don't think Tampa is a lock for next year at all
But would you take any of that trio of Buff, Ott, Det over TB? I wouldn't.

Main concern for TB is health to their big guns. Kuch, Point, Hedman, Vasi. If they all can play their regular amounts, I think their top end talent gets them into the PO.

The trio just don't have the top end talent to win them a few games or the goaltending to steal them some extra points. That's why I would take TB over that trio for the PO.

If you have either elite goaltending or a couple of elite F, they can get you a few extra points that may just be the difference between making/missing the PO.

I probably don't put any significant money on any of the trio making the PO. One of the teams would have to bottom out that I have ahead of them. Are any of them better than 4th in the Metro? Not sure.... That's probably their best bet to make it. After NYR and Car it would be NJ to bounce back, NYI, Wash to keep their spots and PHI/Pitt to challenge.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

OR

you really love Olofsson and Skinner there is a reason literally zero and I mean zero Sabres fans are not worried about their departure on the Sabres board and that's even from the most negative Sabres fans looking for the team screwups........the team in general got much harder to play against you can't just look at well they can't score as much(event though the lineup looks like it can score more) when it should be a lot harder to actually get goals against the Sabres this season when they didn't even allow that many goals last season. Tage and Cozens getting back to what they were 2 years ago is more essential than anything most of all and we certainly don't need Skinner to take pressure off them when he literally doesn't play defense at all.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Truth is - I don't expect my Habs in the playoffs this year, I think next year is the year we make it. This year would be a big surprise.

As for the Atlantic...I feel as though the top 4 teams are still the favorites and most likely teams to qualify, but I feel as though all 4 are more vulnerable than ever for missing playoffs. But it doesn't mean any of them - let alone more than 1 - will miss, but it is just very possible.

Tampa Bay - significant changes this off-season. Stamkos/Sergachev gone, McDonough back and Guentzel added. I think extremely highly of this core in Tampa, but they were already trending downwards last year, so who knows if these changes end up good or bad. They are more likely to miss the playoffs this year than at any point in the past ~7 years or so.

Boston - also significant changes this off-season. To their credit - nobody expected them to make playoffs 2 years ago and they set an all-time record. Last year with their top 2 Cs gone everyone thought they would falther a lot, and they were super strong in the regular season. So it seems unwise to doubt them, even with some changes. But I still think they're due to trend down, and could maybe miss.

Toronto - Probably the least question marks from a regular season expectations year over year among the 4 teams. They were good in the regular season last year and every year prior, similar core, no reason they shouldn't be again. The risk here I guess is the new coach, Marner contract due and the constant failures in playoffs could cause this team to implode unexpectedly - either with a down year, or with management doing significant changes in-year. I think they're the most likely of the 4 to make playoffs, but also the most likely of the 4 to have a complete meltdown season, if that makes sense.

Florida - No real reason they shouldn't make playoffs per se. But, cup hangovers are possible, and happen often. They also lost a LOT of pieces in the off-season. Maybe not a lot of major pieces, but it does affect the overall depth/roster to see so much change. Bob is old, prone to inconsistencies in his career, and has had a ton of games played for 2 years in a row - an off-year is possible. So Florida missing isn't out of the question.

As of now - my prediction is all 4 make it, and all of the other 4 miss (including Habs). But I might change my mind as we get closer to start of year. And I truly do believe Habs are going to leapfrog all of Ottawa/Detroit/Buffalo within ~1 year.
lol

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019

Tampa with big changes

Lol

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Ottawa is relying on 2 36 year olds and a 34 year old to play key roles, especially defensively. Could work this year but not long term.

Detroit is just incompetent without much youth on the team. You have forwards who can't defend, and defensemen who can't move the puck.

Buffalo you can kind of see them putting it together and becoming a middling team for a few years.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Detroit was the closest last season so I’ll pick them again. I can see them sneaking into a WC spot.

I don’t think Ottawa did enough to make a big jump, same with Buffalo.

I’d rank them:
Detroit

Ottawa
Buffalo

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
In terms of goals against above expected minus goals for above expected last year:
Buffalo: +29
Detroit: +14
Ottawa: -22

Statistically speaking, Ottawa should move up with Ullmark and Jensen over Korpisalo and Chychrun. Their goaltending was truly attrocious and that looks to have been addressed. Then again, plenty of stats would normally suggest Washington should have been out of the playoffs last year and they made it regardless.

I fear sounding like a broken record, but I'm hopeful as a Sens fan, and believe Detroit and Buffalo fans should be as well.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
detroit probably has the best shot. i think ottawa misses. buffalo is a complete wildcard.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
you really love Olofsson and Skinner there is a reason literally zero and I mean zero Sabres fans are not worried about their departure on the Sabres board and that's even from the most negative Sabres fans looking for the team screwups........the team in general got much harder to play against you can't just look at well they can't score as much(event though the lineup looks like it can score more) when it should be a lot harder to actually get goals against the Sabres this season when they didn't even allow that many goals last season. Tage and Cozens getting back to what they were 2 years ago is more essential than anything most of all and we certainly don't need Skinner to take pressure off them when he literally doesn't play defense at all.

I do think there is a decent chance Olofsson bounces back and scores 20+ in Vegas as long as he's healthy.

But Skinner is the real loss he's going to light it up in Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad