Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Maybe I’m sentimental but I think there’s a way better chance that Lindgren rebounds to his metrics from a year or two or three ago and becomes at least a solid defensive presence, than any chance that Trouba isn’t abysmal which he has been for like three years now.

Of course if that does happen they probably give Lindgren a long, unmoveable contract and I don’t particularly want that either. Is there a level he can play at where he gets like a cheap 3 year deal and can move down to the third pair and just play solid defense like he did in the past and not have to produce offense?

Reactions: majordomo

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Has Lindgren ever really been good at defense?Or was it more Fox bailing his ass out time and time again?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Has Lindgren ever really been good at defense?Or was it more Fox bailing his ass out time and time again?

He was #1 in all major defensive metrics (so ahead of AF) in 2 of the previous 3 seasons before the last one (he was #2 in the season where he didn't finish #1.)

So he was legitimately good at defense. #1 is #1.

He was 6th out of 6 last year (7th out of 7 if you want to include Jones.) he didn't just dip a bit, he cratered and basically went from Marc Staal year 4 to Marc Staal right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad