RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023 Draft) - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Missed the game due to the flu. Aparently, had a very bad temperature.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If you disregard the 2026 NHL arrival, the absolute lowest Michkov should be ranked as a hockey player is #2.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
To me what pick Michkov will be picked with is GMs and teams problem not his. He'll be the #1 prospect of any team that pick him and get all the chances to shine in the NHL, that's the only thing that matters.

Kaprizov was picked in the 5th but almost immediately became the Wild top prospect and franchize savior. And it was that way all years while he played in the KHL. At least for fans (imagine if Vegas picked him instead of Tuch, hehe). Then he came and immediately got 1st line TOI, a place on the 1st PP and everything. The same is going to be with Michkov.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No one on earth should be taking Will Scouch seriously as a scout.

I've held my tongue on him for a couple years. But it's hot takes like this that drive me nuts.
You’ll often see lesser known guy make this hot takes to get some hits.

I can see Michkov dropping to third, potentially even 4th, but no player after that has his kind of potential.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Does anyone know why he has not played a game in 2 weeks? I hate how he goes long stretches without playing constantly

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Rothenberg had a longer interview these days in which he also spoke about Michkov. In summary he said that Michkov is too good for junior hockey and therefore no longer plays there. In his opinion he still lacks the physique for men's hockey. Especially his legs are not trained well enough. He always refers to Kaprizov or Marty St.Louis in conversations with Michkov, who have massive legs and should be role models for Michkov. Rothenberg had also given him instructions for the summer, which he apparently didn't quite follow. Otherwise, in his opinion, Michkov already has the best scoring instincts of any player in the world.

His priority at the moment seems to be at physical training and a game here and there. But the season has been going on for a good three months and Michkov is down to only 8 full reg games... that can't be in anyone's interest.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
When Samsonov and Bure played for Tikhonov's CSKA at age 16 they weren't 6'6 titans, rather pretty small and skinny kids. And that CSKA wasn't even close to current SKA, it regularly beat NHL teams and had some all-time greats on its roster, still Tikhonov let the kids play. That's the difference between a great coach and someone like Rotenberg...

Reactions: wetcoast and BMann

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This game he looks better than in the previous one, had some nice moments, created chances for team-mates, and if they used NHL rules for assists, he would have gotten an assist. Almost scored an empty-netter but hitted post.

Btw Buchelnikov scored another goal so the kids won another game for SKA Neva 3-2...

Reactions: BMann and slumpy43

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Michkov deserves better.

I hope he gets better and starts playing the way he did that made people think he is one of the NHL's next major Super Talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad