RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yikes, someone's sensitive.

I have a higher bar for than you. I don't consider Ovechkin, Malkin, or Jagr to be "generational" players. As others have pointed out, its a highly subjective term, so I am not sure why you are so offended.

Going back to 40 years, there have been 4 forwards I consider generational:

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
McDavid

Ovechkin doesn't make that list for me.
I'm not sensitive just because you think so. I think your takes are laughable, that's just all. You don't think Ovie is generational and therefor I won't mind anything you call me. But if I would be sensitive, what are you? The one who doesn't have the balls to answer another individual and then cry about it here? You call me sensitive and I call you what then? Stupid and a narcissist? If Ovie isn't generational then you aren't a human being. We can just create our own subjective lies as much as we all want. You seem to be the master of that.

I'm not offended. I just think it's plain stupid to not claim the possibly best goalscorer ever generational. If anything, it's delusional.

Regarding your list? What a joke. McDavid isn't better than Jagr imho. He also hasn't been near to reach Ovies titles and performances so far. Will he do that? Probably, who knows. I just do think it's so simple minded and pathetic to call McDavid generational and not Ovie. I mean McDavid haven't even won a Stanley with Draisatl yet. Kucherov has produced more these last two seasons? Hasn't Kucherov already won a Stanley as well? But what, McDavid is then generational and not Ovie.
What about McDavids linemate and still he isn't top 10 so far this year? Again, very generational... In his prime as well... Let me guess, just because Messi is the best ever in football that excludes Ronaldo from being a generational player? Thank you for the laugh and showing your simple way of reasoning.
You seem to be filled with this NA biased bullish*t and I'm calling you out and enjoying it.

Last edited:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Or maybe some people equate elite hands and other offensive traits with IQ?

I don't think that Michov has bad hockey IQ but I haven't seen elite IQ there so we will agree to disagree there.

Where there is no disagreement is that Michkov is going to be a PP monster.
Well then either you're simply not watching or you don't comprehend what you're watching.

Michkov IQ is by far and away his biggest attribute. He does stuff no other player I've ever seen play the game do outside of Crosby

This.

There has only been 4 "generational prospects" so far as far as i'm concerned.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
McDavid
I promise you, your definition of generational isn't normal.

Orr
Crosby
Ovechkin

At bare minimum need to be added

Reactions: Svedu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad