RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yikes, someone's sensitive.

I have a higher bar for than you. I don't consider Ovechkin, Malkin, or Jagr to be "generational" players. As others have pointed out, its a highly subjective term, so I am not sure why you are so offended.

Going back to 40 years, there have been 4 forwards I consider generational:

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
McDavid

Ovechkin doesn't make that list for me.
I'm not sensitive just because you think so. I think your takes are laughable, that's just all. You don't think Ovie is generational and therefor I won't mind anything you call me. But if I would be sensitive, what are you? The one who doesn't have the balls to answer another individual and then cry about it here? You call me sensitive and I call you what then? Stupid and a narcissist? If Ovie isn't generational then you aren't a human being. We can just create our own subjective lies as much as we all want. You seem to be the master of that.

I'm not offended. I just think it's plain stupid to not claim the possibly best goalscorer ever generational. If anything, it's delusional.

Regarding your list? What a joke. McDavid isn't better than Jagr imho. He also hasn't been near to reach Ovies titles and performances so far. Will he do that? Probably, who knows. I just do think it's so simple minded and pathetic to call McDavid generational and not Ovie. I mean McDavid haven't even won a Stanley with Draisatl yet. Kucherov has produced more these last two seasons? Hasn't Kucherov already won a Stanley as well? But what, McDavid is then generational and not Ovie.
What about McDavids linemate and still he isn't top 10 so far this year? Again, very generational... In his prime as well... Let me guess, just because Messi is the best ever in football that excludes Ronaldo from being a generational player? Thank you for the laugh and showing your simple way of reasoning.
You seem to be filled with this NA biased bullish*t and I'm calling you out and enjoying it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Or maybe some people equate elite hands and other offensive traits with IQ?

I don't think that Michov has bad hockey IQ but I haven't seen elite IQ there so we will agree to disagree there.

Where there is no disagreement is that Michkov is going to be a PP monster.
Well then either you're simply not watching or you don't comprehend what you're watching.

Michkov IQ is by far and away his biggest attribute. He does stuff no other player I've ever seen play the game do outside of Crosby

This.

There has only been 4 "generational prospects" so far as far as i'm concerned.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Lindros
McDavid
I promise you, your definition of generational isn't normal.

Orr
Crosby
Ovechkin

At bare minimum need to be added

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
This right here is the exact problem. No he's fuking not the 'top dog' already. Anytime someone points out basic neutral facts in this thread, or the last Michkov threads, they're labeled a 'hater'. I f***ing love Michkov, but no he's not the top dog (yet), and yes 2 of the players his khl stats compared mostly closely with were nhl busts.

I love watching this kid play, and he is the closest to being the next Kucherov, based on his game, not his nationality. He has to prove it. Shitting on a linemate who scored 55 goals in the last 2 years is not actually helping your case.

EDIT: Not you, that other guy who keeps shitting on Tippett, and pretending Bedard had better linemates last year.
Bedard DEFINITELY had better linemates last year.

Tippett has been horrendous this year and Michkov has been playing with everyone including Laughton and Couturier...

And yes, MICHKOV IS the top dog already. Incase you're confused, that means he's his teams best player, doesn't mean he's a top player in the league.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
+/- only means something when it's relative to the team. Flyers are a collective -14, Michkov was on the ice for 3 ENG already.

-6 on a -14 team is pretty good.

He's actually -9 at Even Strength.

The Flyers have been outscored 10 to 1 with Michkov on the ice at even strength, and they are outscored 16 to 7 with him on the bench.

That will get better, so not a reflection on my expectations for Michkov. I'm just correcting you to say that it is in fact horrible and not pretty good.

Wrong, he was on ice for 3 empty net goals

Yes two more ENG against from last night. The Flyers also scored a 6 on 5 goal so Michkov (and that same group of teammates) are -2 with an empty net.

Reactions: Sasso09

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Imagine passing on this guy for Reinbacher and whoever the hell it was Arizona drafted.

:cry:
“Am I a joke to you ?”

IMG_4396.jpeg

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The reality where he’s a good young player, but clearly not generational. Take the time to comprehend what you’re reading before replying next time.
You stated

"Reality has set in and you love to see it"

Reality;

Michkov is leading his team by a lot and is involved in 40% of all his teams goals, highest in the NHL for any player and is a PPG in his first 7 games in NA.

You're not living in Reality, those stating he's a generational player for sure have the ammo and high ground at this point.

Take the time to comprehend what you've said and better understand what you've said before you hit enter and embarrass yourself again

He's actually -9 at Even Strength.

The Flyers have been outscored 10 to 1 with Michkov on the ice at even strength, and they are outscored 16 to 7 with him on the bench.

That will get better, so not a reflection on my expectations for Michkov. I'm just correcting you to say that it is in fact horrible and not pretty good.

Yes two more ENG against from last night. The Flyers also scored a 6 on 5 goal so Michkov (and that same group of teammates) are -2 with an empty net.
Fair enough

So...I have to dump the gravy...? Are you thinking out the logistics here, sir?
Yes, I want you to self harm until you learn.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Bedard DEFINITELY had better linemates last year.

The Flyers top players have gotten worse results to start the season than the Blackhawks did last year. Which is really saying something. But the individual players are MUCH better than what the Blackhawks had last year.

Michkov's top linemates by minutes are

Frost 42 minutes
Tippett 36
Couturier 31
Konecny 26

no one else above 11 minutes

Bedard's four top linemates were Philip Kurashev, Nick Foligno, Ryan Donato, and Lukas Reichel.

Only a deranged Michkov fanatic would take the latter four over the first four. They've played badly so far, yes, but they're much better players. There is a yawning chasm in quality there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad