RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
Vienna
Not sure how you can hate this kid. Scores, gets his nose dirty, wins board battles, draws penalties, blocks shots,...it's his 3rd game and the PP runs through him.
1st goal wasnt pretty but those are the goals that are repeatable, being at the right place at the right time.
Amazing talent. Lots of teams will regret letting him drop to 7.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not sure how you can hate this kid. Scores, gets his nose dirty, wins board battles, draws penalties, blocks shots,...it's his 3rd game and the PP runs through him.
1st goal wasnt pretty but those are the goals that are repeatable, being at the right place at the right time.
Amazing talent. Lots of teams will regret letting him drop to 7.
Every club except Chicago. It’s going to be a two horse race for Bedard and Michkov for who is the best from their draft.

Reactions: FriarChill

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He is such a problem solver in the offensive zone. Also can tell he wants to make a difference on every shift. That's a very underrated trait that the top players have. He still has room to grow, things work on, etc., but I am very confident he is going to be an elite player.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Every club except Chicago. It’s going to be a two horse race for Bedard and Michkov for who is the best from their draft.
Don't dismiss Carlsson and Fantilli. All 4 have the potential to be elite (but not generational that term gets thrown around too much)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kid looks good.
Not sure about his shot blocking technique but he sure has the balls. Should be a top end scorer in this league.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’d say ducks and columbus will be fine with who they took. Both players will prob end up big top line centers…. And in anaheims case we just don’t take Russians in Russia.

Smith vs michkov might be a bit of a debate, but too early to say

The Utah and Montreal picks will prob feel the worst.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The kid goes into the dirty areas to make a play, he always hustles. He is not slight by any means and will mix it up and draw penalties. Dam good hockey player and only 19!
That's why Torts and his teammates love him. Blocking shots, going to dirty areas, not a diva by any means

hes a rookie, no matter how good u are u still got things to learn.
First NHL 3v3 I believe too, which is almost a different game tactics wise

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Peeling off towards the benches while the play was still alive is certainly a choice. He was in front of Draisaitl the whole way back, would have been in perfect position to prevent the winning goal. I've heard a lot about how his reputation for not caring about the defensive zone is totally exaggerated, and then he goes and does this... Seems like his play away from the puck is exactly as advertised, and explains why so many teams let him slide. He's going to put up points, no question. But can he stop being lazy at the most inopportune times? We'll see.

• Haha
Reactions: PM88RU and FlyguyOX

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Peeling off towards the benches while the play was still alive is certainly a choice. He was in front of Draisaitl the whole way back, would have been in perfect position to prevent the winning goal. I've heard a lot about how his reputation for not caring about the defensive zone is totally exaggerated, and then he goes and does this... Seems like his play away from the puck is exactly as advertised, and explains why so many teams let him slide. He's going to put up points, no question. But can he stop being lazy at the most inopportune times? We'll see.
I think he gets a bit of leeway , 2 goal game, 19 year old rookie , he's gonna see the footage , on him to do what he will with the information the coaching staff provide to him

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
^Hasn't watched any games.

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
^Hasn't watched any games.
I get it, he's your guy. But getting salty at legitimate criticism doesn't change the fact that he blew it.. He can play responsibly 98% of the time, but if the time he chooses to peel off is when Draisaitl is flying down the middle of the ice on his way to an OT winner, then he needs to be held responsible.

FYI, I've watched most of Philly's games against Calgary and Edmonton, and bits of the game against Vancouver. Considering that encompasses Michkov's entire career so far, your assertion couldn't be any more false. This is his first error that cost them a game, but again, we're only 3 games in. If you want to make the argument that the good outweighs the bad, I'll listen, but if you're going to pretend that there is no bad, well, keep your head in the sand if that's what you want to do - it's your life.

Reactions: Video Nasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad