RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He was bad last year defensively; my point was if Michkov struggles their similarly I don’t see Torts looking past in the same manner ..ie benching or curb minutes / deployment etc. That didn’t happen with Bedard ; kept on trotting him out like a show poney . Bedard is awesome im simply suggesting the situations aren’t super similar.

Michkov w number 2
No the situations aren't similar at all and this isn't the thread for it either.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Passing of the torch game. People will remember the day Michkov faced McJ in their first meeting, scored his first two goals, and overshadowed him in his own building.
Passing the torch implies that you think that Michov is going tob e on a McDavid level this year which simply isn't happening.

Either you misspoke or.....?

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Passing of the torch game. People will remember the day Michkov faced McJ in their first meeting, scored his first two goals, and overshadowed him in his own building.
I’m convinced you must not know what passing of the torch means. It does NOT mean outplaying McDavid in one period…possibly one game.

Reactions: ellja3

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.youtube.com
That second goal is exactly it. A laser at a low angle. All the "he's just an unassuming small slowpoke without much skill" is nonsense. Excellent hands, excellent shot, willing to shoot from anywhere. He's next level because of those traits.

Reactions: wetcoast

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The thread has moved on to the barganing stage of depression after putting so many unrelistic expectations and pressure on this kid. Preseason and Russian hockey are totally different thatn what he is experiencing now.

In his defense, not being able to play against the best of his peers has hurt his development. I sitll think sometime in the AHL would do him so good.

LMAO

Sorry for your loss

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That second goal is exactly it. A laser at a low angle. All the "he's just an unassuming small slowpoke without much skill" is nonsense. Excellent hands, excellent shot, willing to shoot from anywhere. He's next level because of those traits.
But your review didn't speak of him in godly terms so the usual suspects will never forget.......

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
The kid goes into the dirty areas to make a play, he always hustles. He is not slight by any means and will mix it up and draw penalties. Dam good hockey player and only 19!

Reactions: BillDineen

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Well that's more like it, continue to prove me wrong kid. It's easy to kid and say he's a PP Merchant or it's only the lowly Oilers. Both could be true, but MM has had a very solid game. He will continue to draw penalities with his feet.

Empty net hat trick goal incoming?

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Well that's more like it, continue to prove me wrong kid. It's easy to kid and say he's a PP Merchant or it's only the lowly Oilers. Both could be true, but MM has had a very solid game. He will continue to draw penalities with his feet.

Empty net hat trick goal incoming?

Nope no empty net - just an Oilers comeback win. Led by…McDavid with the assists to tie and then win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad