Predict Nurse's own-goal total for 24-25

How many goals against will go off of Nurse this season?

• Total voters

Sethual

Oct 9, 2024
It is astonishing they haven't found a way to get Nurse to wake up. Bouch too both have been miserable in the starts of the season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It is astonishing they haven't found a way to get Nurse to wake up. Bouch too both have been miserable in the starts of the season.

I don’t think it’s a matter of Nurse waking up. Outside of the Covid shortened season where he only played against 6 other teams he has never been a great D or even a very good D. His athleticism is what’s got him by to this point but in an ever increasingly faster league with more skill than ever before, athleticism only takes you so far.

Sethual

Oct 9, 2024
I don’t think it’s a matter of Nurse waking up. Outside of the Covid shortened season where he only played against 6 other teams he has never been a great D or even a very good D. His athleticism is what’s got him by to this point but in an ever increasingly faster league with more skill than ever before, athleticism only takes you so far.
I remember when we played the bubble season and he played a ton of minutes in the playoffs due to us not really having anyone else and that helped him land that insane contract. Something something endurance = $$$

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
vegeta-its-over9000.gif
IMG_1975.gif

I’m betting on 11 and everyone will cry and moan

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He’s absolutely had some very good years outside the shortened season.

Reactions: Kepler 186f

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
A couple pretty good years. I’m not sure he’s been in the very good category. Mind you that’s semantics I suppose.

There was a run of years where it seemed Nurse added something to his game every summer. Like when he spent a summer with Oates and suddenly was decent at stick checking. Around the time he got retirement money though it seems like the growth completely stalled.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I felt prior to the Canadian division he was gradually getting better every year. He was quite good that one year.

But after that year and the contract he has gotten continuously worse. And that is several years now. I am surprised that his regular season stats are as good as they are. He is borderline unplayable In the playoffs though.

He’s just a hot mess. He makes such bad reads/plays on the most basic of plays. I think that’s why he has so many goals go off of him. It’s too bad we don’t at least get the physical part of his game. The dcore could really use that. But dude is just a flower out there and has been for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad