RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He actually set MHL record for draft year players in scoring, beat Kucherov. Of course most top Russian prospects didn't play in the MHL in their draft years, but a record is a record. Especially when you beat Kuch...
Yeah, I can't imagine what Michkov would of did as an 18 year old in the MHL. I said this before, let's see what he does in the KHL next year, should paint a much better picture.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah, I can't imagine what Michkov would of did as an 18 year old in the MHL. I said this before, let's see what he does in the KHL next year, should paint a much better picture.
Is Demidov going to play in the KHL? Did he get loaned to Sochi yet?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Actually, it’s the star players who make the difference when it comes to Cups. Habs getting Lafleur (smart Sam Polock) sure helped winning several Cups. Getting Michkov would have helped a lot too. Imo he’s going to be a star. Maybe not on a Lafleur level, of course, but still a star who makes a difference when it counts most.
And Montreal management felt like getting a possible top pairing RHD would have a greater impact over the first line winger when it came to winning playoff hockey games.

They had a dire need for a high end RHD prospect as well.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Michkov did play in the mhl as an 18 year old. He played 5 games and scored 7 pts.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
He didn't. Ah yeah, he did but it was playoffs for Sochi system team after Sochi didn't make playoffs. He scored 6 points in 2 games in play-ins and then SKA-1946 destroyed his team in 3 games.
points aside, he didn't look like he was head and shoulders above everyone out there. against ska-1946 he was just invisible. Demidov looked much better than Michkov.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
points aside, he didn't look like he was head and shoulders above everyone out there. against ska-1946 he was just invisible. Demidov looked much better than Michkov.

If Michkov’s average performance was a reflection of his talent, I assume any MHLer could also score .69ppg in the KHL like he did.

It’s not uncommon for athletes in all sports to lose interest and killer instinct when facing competition exponentially worse than what they normally play. Players get bored in these situations.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

The whole team was invisible. They were like two levels bellow SKA-1946, and Michkov couldn't fix it. Especially given he played for a new team for him so no chemistry and everything. In play-ins he basically beat opponents singlehandedly, though.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I suppose next season, the excuses for Michkov not being the next Kaprizov will be about Tortorella being a big meanie. Can't f***ing wait!
Michkov did as much at 18 in the K as Kaprizov at 21 (and Kirill played on a dominant team that won several straight regular seasons, not one of the worst squads in the K history). His pre-KHL resume also points at his potential being much higher than Kaprizov's. Tortorella or not.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Michkov will win the Calder. He will score 35 goals and have over 80 points. Flyers were very close to the playoff bar last season. Michkov will be key in getting the club over the bar this coming season. Flyers are so lucky to have him.

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Michkov will win the Calder. He will score 35 goals and have over 80 points. Flyers were very close to the playoff bar last season. Michkov will be key in getting the club over the bar this coming season. Flyers are so lucky to have him.
Unlikely given the coach, team, and incredibly difficulty adjustment period for a player moving from Russia to the US; however he will be spectacular in a few years. Expect a regular hundred point player after an uneven, but promising, first two years.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
In a year, it will be extremely entertaining revisiting takes like this from the Michkov fan club.
Unlikely given the coach, team, and incredibly difficulty adjustment period for a player moving from Russia to the US; however he will be spectacular in a few years. Expect a regular hundred point player after an uneven, but promising, first two years.
Inside you there are two wolves

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
How many games you expecting from Reinbacher next season in NHL?

Hate club is always much more cringy thing.
What's really cringy is thinking you have to be "a hater" to not be on board with unrealistic 80-point rookie season scenarios, or to not entertain fantasy conspiracy theories about why Michkov wasn't drafted sooner. Also cringy is for Michkov's fan club to constantly obsess over the Canadiens' decision to pass on that guy while conveniently forgetting that plenty of team passed on him, including one that drafted.... some Russian guy nobody is talking about.

To answer your question: Our right side on D is really weak, and unfortunately, none of our players really grabbed that opportunity to win a permanent spot on that side last season. I don't really have any expectations for Reinbacher this season. I guess he might get the odd NHL call up, especially after the trade deadline. But it looks like we will use our left D depth to fill spots on the right side once more. I hope one of Barron, Mailloux or Reinbacher will surprise me with more hunger and poise.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
What's really cringy is thinking you have to be "a hater" to not be on board with unrealistic 80-point rookie season scenarios, or to not entertain fantasy conspiracy theories about why Michkov wasn't drafted sooner. Also cringy is for Michkov's fan club to constantly obsess over the Canadiens' decision to pass on that guy while conveniently forgetting that plenty of team passed on him, including one that drafted.... some Russian guy nobody is talking about.

Your last point likely revolves around the fact that a) Blue Jacket, Ducks, Sharks, and Coyotes fans have not had the same presence in this Michkov thread that Habs fans have had, and b) Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith, and Simashev weren't subjects of an online harassment campaign like Reinbacher was due to their fanbases preferring Michkov.

Never mind that only one organization's fanbase cites their front office's connection to St. Petersburg as having some sort of dubious intel for passing on any otherwise historic, unprecedentedly productive offensive winger, all after we witnessed their meltdown for not selecting him in the first place.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

To answer your question: Our right side on D is really weak, and unfortunately, none of our players really grabbed that opportunity to win a permanent spot on that side last season. I don't really have any expectations for Reinbacher this season. I guess he might get the odd NHL call up, especially after the trade deadline. But it looks like we will use our left D depth to fill spots on the right side once more. I hope one of Barron, Mailloux or Reinbacher will surprise me with more hunger and poise.
What are you doing here? You are not a prospect board regular, just visit Michkov thread. He isnt mtl prospect.

So no. 50-70 points is very realistical outcome for Michkov. 80? On my taste its too much but it is not drammatical at all.
But you are here to troll people with fan club posts without any real things to implement into discussion. "Michkov fans, conspiracy" isnt a great thing to come with to the thread.

You are not the first one mtl fan who is here just for creating dirt. So do you really think that people will adequately react? Because there are no conspiracy. First four teams wanted to draft centers, Arizona were afraid to draft Michkov and he wasnt really happy to be drafted by Arizona, but there were no bad word from him about mtl. He was interviewed.
The only reason why he wasnt drafted by Mtl is... mtl stupidity. It is obvious and clear. Its not conspiracy. Conspiracy is his "character" and other stuff. Stupidity of mtl management is clear. Its okay to admit it. They were afraid of Russian with three years deal in KHL, war was not so ordinary thing like it is now, Bobrov was famous for his "scouting" in Rangers. Mtl could have one of the best or even potentially the absolutely best top-6 in the league. But their RD side "was weak". Okay, I congratulate you with better right side of defense. Its truth that now its better potentially. Pick is awful still. And poor Reinbacher will be bashed by some fans because of that idiotic decision of Hughes.

There are no real "Michkov fan club". Mostly its people who is cheer for him are people from different fan bases(flyers fans are not majority here at all) who just love talented players, who is talking about prospects a lot, who is watching games outside NHL. But after mtl decision tonns of low iq fans decided to sh1t on player. Smart people and good people dont like it. Look at this discussion. Smith or Simashev doesnt look like potentially better players, but discussion isnt about them mostly(like you mentioned). Its because Utah and Sharks fans dont try to waste their time to write fairy tales about Michkov.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad