RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
So he just scored a lacrosse goal and made it look easy. The skill on this kid is unbelievable. He also assisted on a goal in the first minute of play.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm watching... He's gonna be soo good.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
and he's going to fall on draft day because GMs are stupid
F8FA4318-62F3-49F9-AF14-1A530FD80973.jpeg

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like he's tearing up the KHL today. Would've been a nice Taylor vs Tyler season in different circumstances. Shame he's not available for several more seasons. He probably could've been in NHL in a few months just like Bedard will be.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
He had 11 SOG last week against Traktor, which is impressive. His hockey sense, hands and shot are elite, i think he has better accuracy than Bedard shooting the puck, although his shot is not that hard or fast. Anyway i almost never watch him transporting the puck, he always produces in the offensive zone. He had a couple of nice zone entries at the u18 a couple of years ago but i would love to see him carrying the puck with some speed and shiftiness.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
and he's going to fall on draft day because GMs are stupid
Eh if I were considering him, I'd still want to consult a variety of geopolitical experts before drafting him. There are risks involved with drafting Russians still playing in Russia that haven't existed between the fall of the Soviet Union and February 2022.

Won't fault anyone for choosing to draft or pass on him given what's happening in Russia right now.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
anything below #2 is
Fantilli is consensus 2nd at the moment. He has 20+30=50 points in 29 college games. Has size and plays C. Michkov is a small winger that is under contract elsewhere at least until 2026, he'll have an uphill battle if he wants to take even the 3rd place from Carlsson and a good game against a Chinese team won't be enough to change that. At the moment 4th is realistic and that before considering any external factors.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Eh if I were considering him, I'd still want to consult a variety of geopolitical experts before drafting him. There are risks involved with drafting Russians still playing in Russia that haven't existed between the fall of the Soviet Union and February 2022.

Won't fault anyone for choosing to draft or pass on him given what's happening in Russia right now.
After February 2022, several Russians moved to NA. For example one of the best players in the KHL Andrey Kuzmenko moved to the NHL team without a single problem. Don't be dramatic.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Fantilli is consensus 2nd at the moment. He has 20+30=50 points in 29 college games. Has size and plays C. Michkov is a small winger that is under contract elsewhere at least until 2026, he'll have an uphill battle if he wants to take even the 3rd place from Carlsson and a good game against a Chinese team won't be enough to change that. At the moment 4th is realistic and that before considering any external factors.
This Chinese team is still three times stronger than the best NCAA team. 2 PPG in NCAA seems like an easy target for Michkov, to be honest.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
This Chinese team is still three times stronger than the best NCAA team. 2 PPG in NCAA seems like an easy target for Michkov, to be honest.
Mm. Kunlun's biggest star was a mediocre player in college hockey, some other of their leading players not even that.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Mm. Kunlun's biggest star was a mediocre player in college hockey, some other of their leading players not even that.
Are you seriously comparing the KHL team and the NCAA now? I would not like to seriously argue on this subject.

Reactions: BMann

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018

Hahaha a good game against a Chinese team😂 you made my day. It’s of course not quite as impressive as to destroy Austrias U20 or some college guys, Auston Matthews didn’t want even play against. You're lucky that Michkov will only destroy the NHL in 3 years... nobody will remember your posts then.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Are you seriously comparing the KHL team and the NCAA now? I would not like to seriously argue on this subject.
Regarding the leagues of these prospects, Carlsson's SHL is by far the most thoroughly high quality. The Big Ten is a good conference but of course players are on average a couple of years younger. In the KHL there are good teams and bad teams, Sochi and Kunlun both decidedly belong to the latter and do not have the quality of the SHL, for example.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Finally, he deserves the attention. I was saying this since day 1, Matvei Michkov is special. He is on same level as Bedard as a prospect. Just so many things going against him that will drop him in the draft but I can see Kekkalainen take a chance (more like a lottery jackpot) if Columbus picks 2nd overall!

My favorite prospect of the draft!

Reactions: Wats and Mr Buckles

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Regarding the leagues of these prospects, Carlsson's SHL is by far the most thoroughly high quality. The Big Ten is a good conference but of course players are on average a couple of years younger. In the KHL there are good teams and bad teams, Sochi and Kunlun both decidedly belong to the latter and do not have the quality of the SHL, for example.
And there aren't bad teams and good teams in the SHL? Malmö, HV71? What a ludicrous post. Sochi just took SKA to overtime a few days ago, they can compete with some of the best clubs, especially with the addition of Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad