RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
With everything going on the last few weeks, it’s safe to say the Flyers are probably a little concerned with the decision SKA will make over the next week, to get under the cap.

We already know they’re loaning Buchelnikov to Sochi unless something crazy happens. That should make Detroit pretty happy. He’ll get the ice time and important minutes they were hoping for.

That’s all the Flyers want for Michkov too. They don’t care where it’s at. Just that he’s in a spot to play important minutes in the KHL.

With the Gakchenyuk signing and Michkov’s play over the last couple of weeks, you almost have to wonder if he’s also been told he’s going out on loan again, and he’s not happy about it.

It would at least explain some things, because there’s no sugar-coating that play. There’s just not. That was a player who didn’t seem to wanna be out there. That’s the type of lazy effort that doesn’t get you loaned out, but sent down, or buried on the roster. He didn’t even turn back, or make any effort to recover. He’s going to be lucky if he’s only scratched for the one game.

Unfortunately, his teammates all seen it too, and I’m sure they’ve already talked to him about it. You just hope if SKA keeps him, that the coach doesn’t hold it against him too long. That he’s said his peace and the kid learns his lesson. It will get real bad if his effort is questioned again though.

After the last couple of weeks, maybe it is better if he’s loaned out again.
May be the most obvious troll I’ve ever seen

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
With everything going on the last few weeks, it’s safe to say the Flyers are probably a little concerned with the decision SKA will make over the next week, to get under the cap.

We already know they’re loaning Buchelnikov to Sochi unless something crazy happens. That should make Detroit pretty happy. He’ll get the ice time and important minutes they were hoping for.

That’s all the Flyers want for Michkov too. They don’t care where it’s at. Just that he’s in a spot to play important minutes in the KHL.

With the Gakchenyuk signing and Michkov’s play over the last couple of weeks, you almost have to wonder if he’s also been told he’s going out on loan again, and he’s not happy about it.

It would at least explain some things, because there’s no sugar-coating that play. There’s just not. That was a player who didn’t seem to wanna be out there. That’s the type of lazy effort that doesn’t get you loaned out, but sent down, or buried on the roster. He didn’t even turn back, or make any effort to recover. He’s going to be lucky if he’s only scratched for the one game.

Unfortunately, his teammates all seen it too, and I’m sure they’ve already talked to him about it. You just hope if SKA keeps him, that the coach doesn’t hold it against him too long. That he’s said his peace and the kid learns his lesson. It will get real bad if his effort is questioned again though.

In awe how you managed to make this long of a post just full to the brim with baseless assumptions.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

lol you didnt watch the games did you?

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I’m just calling what happened. Whether you agree or not is your own prerogative. Facts are, he had an i opportune turnover, he was benched immediately after and demoted every game until he sat.
Demidov's turnovers have absolutely dwarfed anything Michkov has done to that effect. He handed the opponent a goal on a silver platter at least twice. The difference is they're still deciding what to do with him

It's more likely there's another reason Michkov sat, especially considering he didn't look upset on the bench. Maybe they said to him, hey you made the team, we're going to rest you so we can decide who to cut loose. And he said no just dress me even if it's just a few shifts. Or .. he has some kind of small injury he's working through.

I'll be truly concerned when he's not getting minutes on September 2nd. For now just minorly concerned

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I’m just calling what happened. Whether you agree or not is your own prerogative. Facts are, he had an i opportune turnover, he was benched immediately after and demoted every game until he sat.
thats not quite how it all played out but its funny how the ONE clip of a turnover made the rounds like this and youre here using it as your only ammunition, you have no real assessment of his ice time. theres tons of clips of good michkov moments in this thread that ungers posted during the preseason you should check em out.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Unger9

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
"hey matvei, i know we dont get along and your teammates hate you and in spite of your bad attitude, i want you to play an even more important position than right wing this year. How do you feel about becoming a center? great! just dont make a single mistake or else."

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
"hey matvei, i know we dont get along and your teammates hate you and in spite of your bad attitude, i want you to play an even more important position than right wing this year. How do you feel about becoming a center? great! just dont make a single mistake or else."
yeah it would be really weird to make a big deal about moving him to C, only to not use him

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
yeah it would be really weird to make a big deal about moving him to C, only to not use him
Its more likely he was worried Michkov was gonna get injured in the preseason and they decided to dial him back, the only time it really mattered was the 3 on 3 tournament when there was money on the line and that was the last time they used him for more than a 13th guy. hes got nothing to prove right now imo. hes ready for the season.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The reaction on here is predictable, but trying to insult others, pretending it didn’t happen has hit the laughable level.

I’ve been watching certain Russian games and preseason tournaments for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Michkov. There’s no sugar coating his play lately, and it’s not that he turned the puck over, that led to his benching. It’s the laziness of the play AND his horrible reaction to it.

There’s not a person who’s ever played this game, as a teammate, who wouldn’t have wanted to knock him out afterwards. It wasn’t just lazy. It was the I don’t care variety.

People can have other opinions about that but they don’t align with the coach’s actions afterwards. He was benched for it, and he was scratched because of it. That’s exactly what you do to a player who did that. If it was just a basic mistake all young guys make, he wouldn’t have been punished for it.

Like I said, young players do dumb things sometimes. It’s not the end of the world for him but people pretending this wasn’t really, really bad, simply have an agenda.

I only commented because the way it’s been portrayed here is like it was no big deal. Happens all the time, type BS.

Effort is always a big deal. Especially playing professionally. He will only get one chance after this. He does something like that again, he’s not getting loaned out, he’s being sent down.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
The reaction on here is predictable, but trying to insult others, pretending it didn’t happen has hit the laughable level.

I’ve been watching certain Russian games and preseason tournaments for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Michkov. There’s no sugar coating his play lately, and it’s not that he turned the puck over, that led to his benching. It’s the laziness of the play AND his horrible reaction to it.

There’s not a person who’s ever played this game, as a teammate, who wouldn’t have wanted to knock him out afterwards. It wasn’t just lazy. It was the I don’t care variety.

People can have other opinions about that but they don’t align with the coach’s actions afterwards. He was benched for it, and he was scratched because of it. That’s exactly what you do to a player who did that. If it was just a basic mistake all young guys make, he wouldn’t have been punished for it.

Like I said, young players do dumb things sometimes. It’s not the end of the world for him but people pretending this wasn’t really, really bad, simply have an agenda.

I only commented because the way it’s been portrayed here is like it was no big deal. Happens all the time, type BS.

Effort is always a big deal. Especially playing professionally. He will only get one chance after this. He does something like that again, he’s not getting loaned out, he’s being sent down.
this is just aggressively wrong in so many ways, knocking out teammates over mistakes in preseason is the silliest part though, thats the response I would expect from someone whos punched more holes in walls than played actual hockey thats not a normal human response

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
this is just aggressively wrong in so many ways, knocking out teammates over mistakes in preseason is the silliest part though, thats the response I would expect from someone whos punched more holes in walls than played actual hockey thats not a normal human response

I don't remember this much talk about KHL pre-season before. Michkov haters super bored.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Apparently you didn't watch the Sochi Hockey Open. Or really any of his games last year. The whole "lazy" narrative is based on fluctuations away from his norm. His norm is quite a high compete player, and in the SHO he showed he has the ability to be a responsible player as well.

If you want to talk about preseason. Let's talk about preseason. There was a clear difference between his play in the Puchkov Tournament and the SHO. It's probably because they wanted to rest him to evaluate other guys and he kind of talked his way into being the 13th forward. Or .. there was a less valid excuse. Either way.. it's not his norm

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Seriously?? You took that literally?? Lol. Ok then….

So tell us, what reaction do you think players have when they think a teammate isn’t giving an honest effort, dogging it and costing the team goals?? He didn’t even turn around to see the result….

They’re certainly not feeling like having a counseling session, and going for ice cream.. that’s for sure.

Of course they’d be pretty angry, and it would be discussed in a pretty angry way.. is that better for you, or is it still too hockey culture for you?

It’s what happens. Have I seen it get physical? Absolutely. Many times. Anyone who’s been around the sport, at any competitive level, would be flat out lying if they say they’ve never seen it get physical, over a player not giving an honest effort. Usually as they player is called out in the locker room, and the accused player says something he regrets.

This isn’t pickup or a beer league. It’s professional hockey and players don’t take kindly to a teammate not giving an honest effort. This wasn’t a mistake. Obvious lack of effort, isn’t a mistake.

Like I said, you don’t get benched and subsequently scratched for an honest mistake. Especially as a young player. You get disciplined for effort issues.

Exactly what has happened. Not sure how anyone tries arguing that. It’s the reality of the situation.

It’s also not the end of the world for him either. He needs to learn from it, and be a better player from it.

If he doesn’t (learn from it) and it happens again, that’s where it can start effecting a player’s career. He won’t be playing for SKA, that’s for sure.
Apparently you didn't watch the Sochi Hockey Open. Or really any of his games last year. The whole "lazy" narrative is based on fluctuations away from his norm. His norm is quite a high compete player, and in the SHO he showed he has the ability to be a responsible player as well.

If you want to talk about preseason. Let's talk about preseason. There was a clear difference between his play in the Puchkov Tournament and the SHO. It's probably because they wanted to rest him to evaluate other guys and he kind of talked his way into being the 13th forward. Or .. there was a less valid excuse. Either way.. it's not his norm

And??? Where did I say he hadn’t played well earlier?? In fact I very much have.

You see that’s the problem. People get so emotional these days over anyone saying anything negative, they’d rather hear fantasy than reality.

The fact, is, the last couple of weeks haven’t been good for him. That’s exactly why I said “maybe he’s already been told he’s being loaned out. The time period of him playing like garbage started at around the time the Buchelnikov loan story was leaked.” Exactly why that was brought up to begin with. To give him an excuse for why maybe he’s been playing like crap lately.

Nobody can sit here and honestly say the play that ultimately has seen him scratched, wasn’t a disgusting effort. Once again, his coach obviously agrees with those of us who deal in the reality of it.. He’s been garbage the last couple of weeks, topped off with an atrocious play that got him benched and scratched.

What’s your reason for it??

It’s ok to be honest about players and their performance.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

So tell us, what reaction do you think players have when they think a teammate isn’t giving an honest effort, dogging it and costing the team goals?? He didn’t even turn around to see the result….

They’re certainly not feeling like having a counseling session, and going for ice cream.. that’s for sure.

Of course they’d be pretty angry, and it would be discussed in a pretty angry way.. is that better for you, or is it still too hockey culture for you?

It’s what happens. Have I seen it get physical? Absolutely. Many times. Anyone who’s been around the sport, at any competitive level, would be flat out lying if they say they’ve never seen it get physical, over a player not giving an honest effort. Usually as they player is called out in the locker room, and the accused player says something he regrets.

This isn’t pickup or a beer league. It’s professional hockey and players don’t take kindly to a teammate not giving an honest effort. This wasn’t a mistake. Obvious lack of effort, isn’t a mistake.

Like I said, you don’t get benched and subsequently scratched for an honest mistake. Especially as a young player. You get disciplined for effort issues.

Exactly what has happened. Not sure how anyone tries arguing that. It’s the reality of the situation.

It’s also not the end of the world for him either. He needs to learn from it, and be a better player from it.

If he doesn’t (learn from it) and it happens again, that’s where it can start effecting a player’s career. He won’t be playing for SKA, that’s for sure.

And??? Where did I say he hadn’t played well earlier?? In fact I very much have.

You see that’s the problem. People get so emotional these days over anyone saying anything negative, they’d rather hear fantasy than reality.

The fact, is, the last couple of weeks haven’t been good for him. That’s exactly why I said “maybe he’s already been told he’s being loaned out. The time period of him playing like garbage started at around the time the Buchelnikov loan story was leaked.” Exactly why that was brought up to begin with. To give him an excuse for why maybe he’s been playing like crap lately.

Nobody can sit here and honestly say the play that ultimately has seen him scratched, wasn’t a disgusting effort. Once again, his coach obviously agrees with those of us who deal in the reality of it.. He’s been garbage the last couple of weeks, topped off with an atrocious play that got him benched and scratched.

Do you have some weird Flyers thing? I ask because I primarily click threads that relate to the team I follow, but I only ever see your posts when you're being confidently wrong about Flyers players. So I dunno if you do the holier-than-thou contrarianism thing leaguewide or focus on a few organizations.

Always kinda these long bloviations that treat a lazy outside perspective like a studied and certain one.

Last edited:
  • Love

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Every forward on the team has spent time sitting out, except maybe Tolchinsky. So what are we even talking about

• Love

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Lol. The 18 year old kid playing a new position was the teams MVP in the first pre season tournament. If he was garbage, everyone on the team was too… and yeah, SKA is playing like shit since Rotenberg took over. So does Russia… Michkov needs every second in the pre season to get used to his new position. Instead he was benched after the first mistake. Crazy stuff. As I said, I bet that’s the last season for the Michigan for this corrupt SKA shithouse.

• Love

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

youre getting real bent out of shape for no reason, and youre blowing the whole thing out of proportion for no reason. Go back and watch the play and tell me at what point he gave up. He whiffed on a clear and then immediately hustled into the lane to block the shot attempt. The only person here getting emotional is you writing these novels.

• Love

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Seeing Michkov on the wing is one thing. Now seeing him literally control and dominate the game from centre is a whole new level. Still can’t believe the Flyers’ good fortune that two clubs picking at 5 and 6 passed on Michkov in order to pick just okay D men. Especially Montreal. They need a number one, playmaking star centre.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Seems like a bunch of average plays. Guy is really over-exaggerating how "AMAZING" they are. Bit cringy.

• Haha
Reactions: NJ DevLolz

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Seems like a bunch of average plays. Guy is really over-exaggerating how "AMAZING" they are. Bit cringy.
Hes highlighting parts of Michkov's game that dont wont make highlight reels, some of think he does good work it. Ive watched the games and I still like to go back and see clips. they wont seem like amazing plays if youre expecting highlights, and if thats all you expect to see with Michkov you're gonna miss all these moments.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hes highlighting parts of Michkov's game that dont wont make highlight reels, some of think he does good work it. Ive watched the games and I still like to go back and see clips. they wont seem like amazing plays if youre expecting highlights, and if thats all you expect to see with Michkov you're gonna miss all these moments.
I know, they are fine but the guy is using words like "masterpiece" "impressive" "he's over the ice!" "incredibly deceptive"

Then some other comment on a breakout pass "BAHAHAHA MATVEI This kid is too good Someone better clip that breakout pass."

Like, relax, they are average plays that happen 500 times a game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad