RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I know, they are fine but the guy is using words like "masterpiece" "impressive" "he's over the ice!" "incredibly deceptive"

Then some other comment on a breakout pass "BAHAHAHA MATVEI This kid is too good Someone better clip that breakout pass."

Like, relax, they are average plays that happen 500 times a game lol.
kinda wanna see the pass now, do you have a link?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The reaction on here is predictable, but trying to insult others, pretending it didn’t happen has hit the laughable level.

I’ve been watching certain Russian games and preseason tournaments for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Michkov. There’s no sugar coating his play lately, and it’s not that he turned the puck over, that led to his benching. It’s the laziness of the play AND his horrible reaction to it.

There’s not a person who’s ever played this game, as a teammate, who wouldn’t have wanted to knock him out afterwards. It wasn’t just lazy. It was the I don’t care variety.

People can have other opinions about that but they don’t align with the coach’s actions afterwards. He was benched for it, and he was scratched because of it. That’s exactly what you do to a player who did that. If it was just a basic mistake all young guys make, he wouldn’t have been punished for it.

Like I said, young players do dumb things sometimes. It’s not the end of the world for him but people pretending this wasn’t really, really bad, simply have an agenda.

I only commented because the way it’s been portrayed here is like it was no big deal. Happens all the time, type BS.

Effort is always a big deal. Especially playing professionally. He will only get one chance after this. He does something like that again, he’s not getting loaned out, he’s being sent down.
OH god, you were serious?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Maybe he's thinking that if he trashes the player Habs passed, they might hire him again.
Grant is very good at being right about what the Habs will do

His evals on prospects is just as worthless as anyone else's though. His value is knowing what the Habs will do early, regardless if it is good or bad for the team

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
A
"hey matvei, i know we dont get along and your teammates hate you and in spite of your bad attitude, i want you to play an even more important position than right wing this year. How do you feel about becoming a center? great! just dont make a single mistake or else."
Capital letters is a thing.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Everyone's going to be shocked when this man wins ross's and hart trophies.

Why shocked? People know his talent, you're not exposing knowledge we don't already have. If/when he comes to NHL, he might be right up there with the greats. But the reason why so many skipped him in the draft was the fact that he's in Russia, contracted for the next 2 years and 2 years is a lot of time in current Russia and how all that shapes out. Everyone understood he was a top 2 talent, but the circumstances add difficulty in predicting and they don't like unnecessary risk.

Reactions: Fatass

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Seems like a bunch of average plays. Guy is really over-exaggerating how "AMAZING" they are. Bit cringy.
You must be one of the guys who think Michkov is a lazy player. Forgive me for watching him and finding out that everyone has been smearing him as a player. I had no idea how high his motor is and I'm excited about it. When Flyers drafted him I had just assumed he had a lot of issues with hustle, off puck, etc. My audience is Flyers fans and I want them to know people are wrong about him. It's more like I'm highlighting parts of his game that most people are flat out ignorant of or wrong about, rather than calling them elite plays

And honestly, there is a prerequisite level of hockey knowledge to be able to appreciate how good of a hockey player Michkov is. His talent is subtle in a lot of ways. And some of the plays I've posted are, in fact, amazing. Some of the things he does look a bit ordinary, but require an absurd level of hockey IQ or vision to be able to do that as an 18 y/o in the fuken KHL. So it is amazing to see those things and imagine what he's going to develop into

also where in the hell did I write "AMAZING" all caps. I haven't done that.... I actually have offered a decent amount of criticism too

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Big difference between NHL and KHL is that in the NHL a prospect of Michkov calibre just can't play for a powerhouse where he would be blocked by a bunch of stars and superstars. The fact of matter is if Michkov played for the Flyers this coming season, he would have been on the first or second line. Alas, on SKA it's different.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You must be one of the guys who think Michkov is a lazy player. Forgive me for watching him and finding out that everyone has been smearing him as a player. I had no idea how high his motor is and I'm excited about it. When Flyers drafted him I had just assumed he had a lot of issues with hustle, off puck, etc. My audience is Flyers fans and I want them to know people are wrong about him. It's more like I'm highlighting parts of his game that most people are flat out ignorant of or wrong about, rather than calling them elite plays

And honestly, there is a prerequisite level of hockey knowledge to be able to appreciate how good of a hockey player Michkov is. His talent is subtle in a lot of ways. And some of the plays I've posted are, in fact, amazing. Some of the things he does look a bit ordinary, but require an absurd level of hockey IQ or vision to be able to do that as an 18 y/o in the fuken KHL. So it is amazing to see those things and imagine what he's going to develop into

also where in the hell did I write "AMAZING" all caps. I haven't done that.... I actually have offered a decent amount of criticism too
Sorry, I know i quoted your post, but I was talking about the Twitter stuff in your. So no, you didn't say that stuff.

Don't think he is lazy at all, and I know he will be a future superstar in the NHL. I was just pointing out how silly the twitter guy was by making every little play seem like it was the best thing ever.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
*Michkov yawns*

“See, he’s tired. I told you his conditioning is crap because he’s lazy.”

Imagine if every prospect, or even super star player, was watched under a microscope as much as Michkov has been this preseason.
Wait until he gets to philly. Torts will bench him for something dumb and the braindead wing of the fanbase will start the lazy narrative that will get echoed in the sports media here.

Giroux was literally the only bright spot in this franchise for a decade and many will tell you its his fault the team didnt win a cup. I really do worry how Michkov gets treated here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wait until he gets to philly. Torts will bench him for something dumb and the braindead wing of the fanbase will start the lazy narrative that will get echoed in the sports media here.

Giroux was literally the only bright spot in this franchise for a decade and many will tell you it’s his fault the team didnt win a cup. I really do worry how Michkov gets treated here.
What are the chances Torts is still the coach when Michkov comes over?

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

Giroux was literally the only bright spot in this franchise for a decade and many will tell you its his fault the team didnt win a cup. I really do worry how Michkov gets treated here.
idk if torts will still be the coach when he gets here, i feel like hes just here to be a hardass for a few years because the locker room got lazy. its no secret guys like JVR and Hayes show up to training camp wildly out of shape and it was starting to rub off on the young guys. people always say you gotta work harder than the other guy, and we were the other guy every year. i think thats why theyve held onto a guy like laughton this long, he has those good habits that you want rubbing off on young guys when they get to the show, and Torts isnt shy about expecting that kinda commitment

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Big difference between NHL and KHL is that in the NHL a prospect of Michkov calibre just can't play for a powerhouse where he would be blocked by a bunch of stars and superstars. The fact of matter is if Michkov played for the Flyers this coming season, he would have been on the first or second line. Alas, on SKA it's different.
It’s different on SKA because Rotenberg thinks he is the second coming of Tikhonov. If in the past the likes of Panarin, Shipachev, Gusev or Dadonov played their, it’s now Tolchinsky or Khairullin. If I see it right, only 2 players (Tolchinsky and Nikishin) on this SKA roster had a higher PPG than Michkov last season… that’s not exactly what I would call a powerhouse… even Sochi looked better these days. He could play Buch, Mich and Demidov on the same line. Russias future. Instead of Buch is almost gone and SKA is signing drunken Galchenyuk. Alex will play next season with his Sarnia Sting bro Yakupov somewhere in sibiria. And Michkov not for SKA cause he is tired of this shit.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad