RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When he gets called up, I would like to see him play top 6 mins. Those 2 goals were NHL quality goals. Very impressive.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
21 points in 16 games now. That puts him at a pace of 29 points if he played 22 games which are the exact stats AHL leading scorer William Nylander has. Not bad.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
So jealous you guys took him from us. There is no way on this planet I will ever be able to appreciate Crouse when Rantanen was so close.

There was alot of avs fans that wanted Crouse instead of Rantanen. Crouse is bit underrated here. He might never be offensive force like Rantanen but he is really good at everything. Crouse made it to team canada for WJC being underager and that is no easy task. I think that Rantanen might be top 5 talent of this draft maybe even 3rd best prospect. Still early to say but anything is possible.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
There was alot of avs fans that wanted Crouse instead of Rantanen. Crouse is bit underrated here. He might never be offensive force like Rantanen but he is really good at everything. Crouse made it to team canada for WJC being underager and that is no easy task. I think that Rantanen might be top 5 talent of this draft maybe even 3rd best prospect. Still early to say but anything is possible.

I agree with the notion of Rantanen being a top 5 talent, he's that good. Futhermore Crouse's defensive play isn't much better than Rantanen, if it is at all, and we all know which is better offensively.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm an Avs fan who wanted Crouse over Rantanen. I am now extremely okay with that decision.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm an Avs fan who wanted Crouse over Rantanen. I am now extremely okay with that decision.

I had Crouse higher than Rantanen. Right now Rantanen is more impressive(AHL trumps OHL), but I still like Crouse for his defensive game. It will be interesting watching these 2 at the Worlds. I love players with size and skill. Both have good intangibles in their games too. Couldn't go wrong with either player.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Rantanen is very good in skates and fast and with that frame 6'4/211 there is no way to stop him easily when his coming to offensive zone full speed.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Rantanen is very good in skates and fast and with that frame 6'4/211 there is no way to stop him easily when his coming to offensive zone full speed.

I wouldn't say he is very fast. He is pretty damn agile for player of that size. He turns really fast at corners and buys more time with that. Hard to defend against player who has that kind of strength, hands, reach and turns like small player.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I had Crouse higher than Rantanen. Right now Rantanen is more impressive(AHL trumps OHL), but I still like Crouse for his defensive game. It will be interesting watching these 2 at the Worlds. I love players with size and skill. Both have good intangibles in their games too. Couldn't go wrong with either player.

The most impressive thing about Rantanen isn't him putting pucks in the net and leading his team in scoring, it's what he does without the puck on his stick, he reads the game really well and he's always in the right position to break up the pass, force a turnover and he puts himself in prime positions offensively.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The most impressive thing about Rantanen isn't him putting pucks in the net and leading his team in scoring, it's what he does without the puck on his stick, he reads the game really well and he's always in the right position to break up the pass, force a turnover and he puts himself in prime positions offensively.

With Landeskog on the wing on one of the Aves top 2 lines, and Rantanen on the other. The Aves diversity of size and skill will be well represented for years to come. I really like teams that build with a size and skill component.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I agree with the notion of Rantanen being a top 5 talent, he's that good. Futhermore Crouse's defensive play isn't much better than Rantanen, if it is at all, and we all know which is better offensively.

Rantanen is a beauty defensively.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Would be great to see what-kind damage, Rantanen will do in U20 WJC's.
That's for sure, Mikko will be Finland's important player and possibly captain.

I have tickets for Belarus and Czech Republic games, i can't wait to see this guy on the ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would be great to see what-kind damage, Rantanen will do in U20 WJC's.
That's for sure, Mikko will be Finland's important player and possibly captain.

I have tickets for Belarus and Czech Republic games, i can't wait to see this guy on the ice.

I love that you guys get to have him return home for the WJC. Hope he puts on an absolute show for the home crowd. He will probably be the best player in the entire tournament. I have a feeling he will be in the NHL a few weeks after the tournament.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I love that you guys get to have him return home for the WJC. Hope he puts on an absolute show for the home crowd. He will probably be the best player in the entire tournament. I have a feeling he will be in the NHL a few weeks after the tournament.

Probably yes.
But i think Mikko plays for San Antonio rest of the season.

Of course anything can happen so we'll see that later.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah Rantanen's defensive game is quite underrated, his ability to steal pucks with superb and intelligent stick work is an extremely underrated quality to his game. Though with that said, he probably won't be better than Crouse in the defensive department. But if you consider the whole package including an offensive game that outweighs Crouse, there is a reason why I had Mikko at #4 in my rankings.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah Rantanen's defensive game is quite underrated, his ability to steal pucks with superb and intelligent stick work is an extremely underrated quality to his game. Though with that said, he probably won't be better than Crouse in the defensive department. But if you consider the whole package including an offensive game that outweighs Crouse, there is a reason why I had Mikko at #4 in my rankings.

That's a good observation. There may be a few players picked later that have the potential of being better than any player drafted other than Mc-Eichel picked early on. I would not term anyone as being off base for having Rantanen at #4. In my own rankings I had Barzal at #5 this summer. Someone could jump up that may deserve higher billing than where they were picked. It was that type of deep draft.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014

I think Nylander will be the MVP of the tournament.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario

I think Nylander will be the MVP of the tournament.

I think you're wrong.

Good call S E P H!

And I think that's a fair guess. Nylander has produced more (even though they're at the same pace) and he's already dominated the WJC once.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They produced the same, Rantanen will play at home and on a stacked team. Anyway find it funny that Leafs and Swedish fans have a need to post about Nylander in a thread about Mikko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad