RW Brandon Kozun (2009, 179th, LAK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought he looked good at the WJC, and I always saw him around or near the puck. he is a tireless backchecker that has enough skill and grit to one day make it to the NHL imo. It will be a tough climb, but the kid looks pretty good to me.

JMFJ 3

Nov 14, 2007
He could find at spot at the NHL level, questionable size but he has a lethal shot and good hockey sense. See Michael Cammalleri.

FlamesWillRiseAgain

May 18, 2009
I've seen him quite a bit for the Hitmen. The kid can work the perimeter as good as anyone, and throws great passes. He's also very speedy and elusive, very crafty. He has a whole lot of talent.

However, when he goes down, he goes down HARD.

jonrazor12

Palffy for President
Oct 20, 2009
nhl bound in 4 or 5 years. Just needs to pack on the pounds. 7.5c imo. see brad richardson.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Kozun is a lot better than I thought, put on a strong performance at the WJC I though. 7.0 C I think.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Out of all of LA's undersized prospects (Kozun, G.Roe, J. Azevedo) I think he has the best shot at making the NHL. Long shot but possible.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I liked what I saw from him at the WJC. I think that rating is too harsh.

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
Brandon Kozun

Where will he play next year. is he old enough for the AHL, or is he forced to play in ethier the CHL or NHL?

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
he'll be in Manchester with Jones, Teubert, Hickey, Moller and Loktionov:yo::yo::yo:

That will be a sick team.

I really hope he has some success at the NHL level. Anytime i watched the Hitmen he was by far the most noticeable player on the ice.

Captain Mittens*

That will be a sick team.

I really hope he has some success at the NHL level. Anytime i watched the Hitmen he was by far the most noticeable player on the ice.

How well do you think his game would translate to the pro level?

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
in the past 10 years there have been only 4 players in the WHL and the OHL that have scored at least 100 points in back to back seasons:

1) Jason Spezza
2) Cory Perry
3) John Tavares
4) Brandon Kozun

i like his chances....

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
The good thing going for him is that he can really fly. If he can learn to harness that speed at the pro level to get himself open, and avoid hits, his great hockey sense will let him flourish. I still think his shot could use some work though

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
in the past 10 years there have been only 4 players in the WHL and the OHL that have scored at least 100 points in back to back seasons:

1) Jason Spezza
2) Cory Perry
3) John Tavares
4) Brandon Kozun

i like his chances....

That's some nice company, but I think his size may be an issue at the NHL level.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He's the same size as Tyler Ennis, and Ennis did pretty well for himself after being called up to the Sabres. Yeah, they are somewhat different players but Kozun is very skilled and fast, I think he has a shot at making it.

Also, the Kings have Martin Jones as well? Holy crap that is a disgusting prospect pool, I'm jealous!

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
How well do you think his game would translate to the pro level?

Honestly i dont know if it will. It takes an absolutely special talent to be that small and succeed in the NHL. He is definitely a longshot, but he plays a lot tougher than most players his size. On the right team, and given the right opportunity he could be a Martin St. Louis lite.

Talentless Practise*

1) Jason Spezza
2) Cory Perry
3) John Tavares
4) Brandon Kozun

i like his chances....

All those other guys either crushed the 100 point mark (like 130+) or did it with far less games played. None of those guys is 5'9 either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad