Rumor: Rutherford lays out the blueprint of what the Canucks are looking for via Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
I think one of the biggest things as far as trading one of the higher end forwards is to get multiple good assets and maybe flip some of them to try and move out some money on the back end. If you get 3-4 good quality pieces for miller but maybe not a home run piece +a small add, then you could use one of those good assets to move out someone like Oel or Myers.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, because it has been a complete secret that the Canucks forwards are slow. Other teams have never been able to watch tape on the Canucks to determine this themselves :sarcasm:

Adds an exclamation point when it's said by own team management....

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Canucks are 5 points out…. And have a decent schedule coming up. Brandon Sutter getting set to return adds a defensive RHC who’s good on the draw and PK. I don’t think they’ll make the playoffs, but they’ll be close. My bet is this team waits until the offseason to make big moves.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Canucks are 5 points out…. And have a decent schedule coming up. Brandon Sutter getting set to return adds a defensive RHC who’s good on the draw and PK. I don’t think they’ll make the playoffs, but they’ll be close. My bet is this team waits until the offseason to make big moves.
Sutter is set to return? He’s out the whole season I heard?

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Brandon Sutter getting set to return adds a defensive RHC who’s good on the draw and PK.

if you’re going to make stuff up for no reason at least Google the guys name to see that there aren’t like 10 recent news stories contradicting you

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don’t think Sutter is “set to return”… he said he hopes to be back this season but it definitely wasn’t a for sure thing. Would’ve been interesting to see what he brought for finally the right cap hit.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
I can't see the Canucks making much headway without getting rid of some of, if not all of... OEL, Myers, Dickinson, Poolman, Pearson and Harmonic. Unfortunately most of them can't be moved without either sending assets along with them, or just getting more cap dumps in return.
Due to the fact that Benning bled picks at the slightest provocation, we have little in the way of prospects to sweeten the deals and have already traded away our 2nd and 3rd next year (although we have Winnipeg's 3rd).
Rutherford and Allvin have got their hands tied unless they want to bundle some of our good players with cap dumps just to create some wiggle room and/or to acquire pick/prospects.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I can't see the Canucks making much headway without getting rid of some of, if not all of... OEL, Myers, Dickinson, Poolman, Pearson and Harmonic. Unfortunately most of them can't be moved without either sending assets along with them, or just getting more cap dumps in return.
Due to the fact that Benning bled picks at the slightest provocation, we have little in the way of prospects to sweeten the deals and have already traded away our 2nd and 3rd next year (although we have Winnipeg's 3rd).
Rutherford and Allvin have got their hands tied unless they want to bundle some of our good players with cap dumps just to create some wiggle room and/or to acquire pick/prospects.
Boeser + Dickinson/poolman type of situation….

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I agree with you. The only tricky part is rejigging that blueline. It's a lot of money to try and move. But with a couple of savvy moves I think this team could be competing as soon as next season. Maybe not a contender, but as the start of being a perennial playoff team again. It sucks if you know Miller doesn't want to stay cause he'll be tough to replace.
Yeah there's the one factor we're not privvy to - whether or not Miller wants to stay. Cause if he does, I'd be making every effort to re-sign him, once that's allowed.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad