Rumor: Rutherford lays out the blueprint of what the Canucks are looking for via Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
If the Canucks want something more than Kapanen+1st+Poulin for Boeser, I don't think the Pens can really afford him. Their cupboard is simply too bare.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
late first and or a meh prospect in addition to Kap isnt enough for Boeser imo.

Would you rathe have tofolli at 4.2 at 30 yrs old or Boeser at 6mil for 6 years ( ballpark of new contract) at 24 years old?

IMO any Boeser return will be worth more than what CGY paid for TT.

Toffoli. Better 5v5 player. Similar numbers and played on arguably worse teams.

Reactions: StIvany4Norris

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser for Kap + 1st and/or prospect

Would be a fine starting point from my perspective

Pens could use an upgrade on Rust/ERod for the Kessel spot on PP1

Yes, I'm sure it would be.

We can talk Boeser, but Kapanen holds no value to us if we're trading Boeser. It's the same problem we have with taking Kerfoot back with a Miller trade, we simply don't have the place or need for him, if we're selling assets. JR trading for him twice doesn't mean we will be getting him back in a trade with the Penguins.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
late first and or a meh prospect in addition to Kap isnt enough for Boeser imo.

Would you rathe have tofolli at 4.2 at 30 yrs old or Boeser at 6mil for 6 years ( ballpark of new contract) at 24 years old?

IMO any Boeser return will be worth more than what CGY paid for TT.

You're ignoring that Boeser isn't guaranteed to sign at 6x6... and his qualifying offer is 7.5M+

Kap and Boeser's production is pretty similar this year, and Boeser's production at even strength is a concern

I don't think the gap is that much more than a 1st, maybe a 3rd or a prospect like Hallander

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
LOLOL

2nd last in points percentage for the division
13th in points percentage in the conference

same idiotic short term thinking as Benning if he is talking about playoffs.
Kick that can down the road
Does he honestly think they are still in the playoff race? They're already like 5-6 points out. The Pens won like 20 of 22 games and only moved up like 2 spots at the time. Not being a seller at the deadline would be a mistake by Rutherford

I'm 99% sure he knows this, but he's not going to tell his team that 5 weeks before the deadline. There are a lot of intelligent people in that front office now, surely two guys on this message board aren't the only ones to understand how the standings work.

I think he's just pouring some water on the trade flames for the time being. As I said, 5 weeks before the deadline, and has absolutely no need to trade any of the big pieces at all unless he's blown away by the offer. Let the other teams bid things up as we get closer to the deadline.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020

We can talk Boeser, but Kapanen holds no value to us if we're trading Boeser. It's the same problem we have with taking Kerfoot back with a Miller trade, we simply don't have the place or need for him, if we're selling assets. JR trading for him twice doesn't mean we will be getting him back in a trade with the Penguins.

It doesn't mean that, but it certainly increases the chances

JR is a unique GM

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This better be pure posturing because it's completely idiotic to not trade a major piece like Miller and/or Boeser if the Nucks "still have a chance at making the playoffs".

There's a better chance Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian get married and live a long, loving and beautiful life together.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

the-closer-brenda-leigh-johnson.gif

Reactions: StIvany4Norris

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It doesn't mean that, but it certainly increases the chances

JR is a unique GM

If Boeser is traded for Kapanen, Rutherford will be getting billboards calling for his firing and effigies burning outside of GM place, not unlike we saw with Gillis. It will be a quick turn around in public opinion, as it's the exact same kind of idiot move Benning was known for.

If Kapanen is acquired through other, lesser means, we will probably just see some minimal squabbling on the Canucks board about a wasted draft pick or how a lesser piece of our roster was about to blossom. We could use a regular second line producer to spread some scoring around.

Saying JR will acquire Kapanen on Vancouver because he got him back from Toronto is like saying he will trade Pearson away to Pittsburgh because he sent him to Vancouver when he was here.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We drafted Kapanen. Traded him for Kessel. Then reacquired.

Bingo.

My time line and teams involved had me thinking he was acquired from Carolina, traded for Kessel, then reacquired, all by Rutherford. I have no idea why the Hurricanes were involved at all. I think I could audibly hear by brain pass wind there.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If the Canucks want something more than Kapanen+1st+Poulin for Boeser, I don't think the Pens can really afford him. Their cupboard is simply too bare.

maybe a 3rd team can get involved. Late 1st and Poulin isnt really much value when it comes to trading for someone like Boeser.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Well what else is there to offer, aside from Kapanen? I think it's his inclusion that holds this up. I'd rather see another asset and a short term cap dump and/or retention, if salary needs to return.

Previous reports were all about three pieces or so for Miller, and that's what Canucks fans have latched on to for the style of return for some of the other players on the roster too.

Plus, I mean all the players Rutherford has been linked too, or speculated on...Kravtsov, Zacha, Kapanen (according to Pens fans) I don't know what the hell is going on with this team. Even assuming it's one, as a replacement for one of the players mentioned to be available, that we end up with, I am thoroughly confused as to how any of this fits with what new management is saying they're looking to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad