Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I wanted Boeser in a big way . Offered up Severson (meets RHD need for Canucks ) and Zacha for Boeser and a cap dump. Not so much anymore. Probably just an off game and playing on second half of a back to back , however Boeser looked invisible in last night game vs. Devils
The whole Canucks team was invisible last night. Wouldn’t base one crap game on any of our players skill level.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Horvat has been a captain before as well, many Canuck fans think a captain should step up and fight or their not a good leader. It’s ridiculous that too many Nuck fans bought into that ridiculous false idea.

Yah he doesn't fight or hit enough, lol as if those are the two things that make him a captain, our fanbase is so dumb sometimes.

Reactions: iFan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Horvat To Columbus.................for Chicago's 2022-1st + Corson Cleulemans/Kent Johnson
That's going to be turned down. We rate KJ too high and literally cannot afford to lose Ceulemans - there's only two RHD on the roster and he's the only other guy in the organization with any real hope of an NHL future.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I base my comments Re: Horvat not being a good captain from watching the games, and press conferences. There is very little fire or passion from him good or bad. I don't see him doing anything to light a fire under this team when it needs one. He rarely steps up when we need someone to step up. I just don't see the leadership. I watch the press conferences with Green and Horvat, both towing the same line, both incredibly passive. My opinion is that Horvat drank the Koolaid, but many on the team didn't. Just my opinion though.

Yah scoring all those clutch goals in the playoffs surely isn't stepping up.......like wow.....

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
just to clarify,

you're disagreeing that Horvat can get as much interest as Miller on the trade market?
No. My initial post was claiming JT Miller would require quite a bit more value to move than bo horvat. You rebuttal is that horvat wouldn’t be much cheaper to acquire than Miller. A players perceived value and a players perceived interest are mutually exclusive.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Schneider is a better prospect right now than Krebs, Brannstrom, and Suzuki were at the time of their respective trade, and all 3 were traded from the same team so that doesn’t say much

Ok I get not wanting to trade the guy, but your totally out to lunch if you believe this

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is Vancouver retooling or rebuilding? If it's retooling, would they have interest in Burns with a max retention of two mil? Don't think there's a deal to be had if they're rebuilding.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Canucks name I'd be most interested in is Hoglander. He's the guy that could really blossom elsewhere if the new regime isn't sold on him.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Ok I get not wanting to trade the guy, but your totally out to lunch if you believe this
At the time they were respectively traded? Schneider is absolutely better than Brannstrom, Suzuki, and Krebs were. None of them looked as good at the NHL level as Schneider right now

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Okay...we will add a 2nd

If the best offer for Horvat is 1st, 2nd, Dvorak

Then I think Canucks just keep him and trade Miller instead.

Dvorak does not make the team better in 2 years nor does he address a need for the Canucks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When Rutherford took over as POHO of the Canucks in December he said he will need about a month to fully assess the team and who he can build around. However, there was cancellation of games so the process took longer. Now it looks likes Rutherford and Allvin have completed their assessment and are ready to pull the trigger.

It sounds like that only Pettersson, Hughes and Demko are the only untouchables on the team and the 3 pillars the Canucks will build around.

This means that the following players might gain some interest and can be moved for the right price:

Miller
Horvat
Garland
Boeser
Myers

Now this doesnt mean they are going on a full rebuild and will be trading ALL those players away. For example, if they move Horvat, I believe its because they have indication from Miller that he wants to stay and will sign long term. If They move Miller then Horvat isnt going anywhere.

However, its interesting to see that the Canucks are willing to listen to see what the best offers are for these players and if it makes sense for them for their window of wanting to be cup contenders in 2 years.

Lets see some offers that can possibly peek the interest of Rutherford!

Canucks Needs:

- At this point Right D is their biggest Need but D in general is something that needs upgrade. Winger and Goalie is probably their strongest position.

-Rutherford has mentioned Speed and Skill during many many interviews as the type of player he wants to trade for.

-Rutherford has also mentioned clearing cap

- 23 yrs-ish is the age range of players the Canucks are supposedly targeting in any trade return

Your list doesn't specify Podkolzin.

Assuming he is available, NY is interested, that could be a youth for youth move, blue chips for blue chips which could work.

Schneider is off limits, he is our Trouba replacement

Jones, Nils L [both can play RD, NL = an actual righty] + Geo + Strome at half = 2.25 expiring, should be good for a good pick w/w'o further retention and StL 2022 2nd

for

Pod + WPG 2022 3rd + Halak

'nucks get 2 elc Ds which help immediately and now.
retained Strome gets 2nd +, more if value added
Geo possibly flipped but rfa possible starter
also ny can't afford Halak next season, so chance he could return
and VAN wins pick exchange

NY winces but takes comfort in adding a quality W prospect

Pod + Krav could be outrageously good

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Your list doesn't specify Podkolzin.

Assuming he is available, NY is interested, that could be a youth for youth move, blue chips for blue chips which could work.

Schneider is off limits, he is our Trouba replacement

Jones, Nils L [both can play RD, NL = an actual righty] + Geo + Strome at half = 2.25 expiring, should be good for a good pick w/w'o further retention and StL 2022 2nd

for

Pod + WPG 2022 3rd + Halak

'nucks get 2 elc Ds which help immediately and now.
retained Strome gets 2nd +, more if value added
Geo possibly flipped but rfa possible starter
also ny can't afford Halak next season, so chance he could return
and VAN wins pick exchange

NY winces but takes comfort in adding a quality W prospect

Pod + Krav could be outrageously good
Beacuase you're then flipping Podz to whatever team Krav is going to playing for?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about swapping Lundkvist for Matt Robertson?
No, we need him for when we are forced to deal Lindgren to have scratch $ for LaF + Kakko + deals.
Robertson projects as Schneider lite upside at this point, which is early.

No on taking on vets we can't afford. Pod is cost controlled, so different.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Rutherford is going to run that team into the ground. They have a nice core, no need to make so many earth shattering moves
They aren't going to move everyone. It will be a 1 of Horvat and Miller, 1 of Garland and Boeser, Pearson moved, Myers moved, Motte moved.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Beacuase you're then flipping Podz to whatever team Krav is going to playing for?
No, hopefully Drury will learn, incl from Oil and their Pulj experience, and do the smart thing, which is to play Krav w/1st line talent and establish his [updated] value. Then we can keep or deal, provided we get fair value and do not do vets for youth

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
No idea by what you are trying to say by saying Boqvist isnt Schneider. Of course he's not, thats why his name is Boqvist. Schnieder isnt Boqvist? whats your point? Both are RHD.

Krebs and Suzuki are both C. Just because you think Krebs may end up on the wing eventually doesn't mean he will. Also what does who they were traded for have to do with their positions? Your point was C and RHD prospects are rarely traded was it not? The only player out of my example that doesn't fit the criteria was Brannstrom.

it is not just based on your examples Boqvist was in the Jones trade....Usually RHD are more rare and cost more to acquire as do centers.....Schneider will replace all JT brings and make him expendable....A top four with Fox and Schneider manning the Right side will be tough to beat and he is cost controlled as well

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You couldn't be more wrong about this, I honestly don't know where you got this from. No chance we trade him.
Seeing as I don't view a ton of Canucks games, mostly through his icetime stats and actual production. I see his recent games, but what is he over a full 82?

I'm not really taking shots at the player. I just see where he's at in terms of age, earnings and individual production. Where is that high end support coming in if JT Miller and Boeser end up getting moved? And how does that impact him between now and his QO three years from now?

The way their cap is situated long-term, it's going to be really hard for Vancouver to not be a bubble team throughout their retooling process. I just see more of a benefit going for the bigger fish starting with a better core. No pain, no gain.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Garland

for

OTT 2nd (~40th overall) or Jarventie (33rd in 2020)
Canucks 3rd

I'm probably way off but I also have no idea what the Nucks want/need

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Seeing as I don't view a ton of Canucks games, mostly through his icetime stats and actual production. I see his recent games, but what is he over a full 82?

I'm not really taking shots at the player. I just see where he's at in terms of age, earnings and individual production. Where is that high end support coming in if JT Miller and Boeser end up getting moved? And how does that impact him between now and his QO three years from now?

The way their cap is situated long-term, it's going to be really hard for Vancouver to not be a bubble team throughout their retooling process. I just see more of a benefit going for the bigger fish starting with a better core. No pain, no gain.
He is having an off year this season up until the last about 15-20 games. He had a major injury last season and recently admitted while he has been healthy this season he was still feeling the effects of his previous injury and had his wrist tapped up until recently. It’s no coincidence that now that since he’s been fully healed he has something like 22 points in his last 18 games and looks night and day like a star player again vs a complimentary player that at times didn’t even look like he was even a nhl caliber player.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad