Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Did you just start following hockey with no knowledge of what happened prior to 2022 Or do you have the memory of a goldfish? You don’t have to look far back in history to find a prospect of Schneider’s level that’s been traded.

the most recent is not even 4 months ago when Peyton krebs was traded. There’s also suzuki, brainstorm etc

Basically any time a star player has been traded, a schneider level prospect has been involved.
Schneider is a better prospect right now than Krebs, Brannstrom, and Suzuki were at the time of their respective trade, and all 3 were traded from the same team so that doesn’t say much

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Did you just start following hockey in 2022? Or do you have the memory of a goldfish? You don’t have to look far back in history to find a prospect of Schneider’s level that’s been traded.

the most recent is not even 4 months ago when Peyton krebs was traded. There’s also suzuki, brainstorm etc

Basically any time a star player has been traded, a schneider level prospect has been involved.

Don't take it personally, every fan over-values their prospects.

Canucks did the same when they said Hodgson and Schroeder were untouchable for anyone that could have helped the Sedin era.

Sometimes I think posters would rather have a roster full of shiny prospects than win an actual cup.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Schneider is a better prospect right now than Krebs, Brannstrom, and Suzuki were at the time of their respective trade, and all 3 were traded from the same team so that doesn’t say much
Love to hear how schneider is a better prospect than any of those players were at the time of the trade especially suzuki who was considered at worst a top 10 prospect by most at the time of the trade.

There’s also boqvist and many more.

Also Krebs is rated much more highly than Schneider. I'd wager you cant find 1 publication of rankings where Schneider was ever rated above Krebs

Last edited:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Don't take it personally, every fan over-values their prospects.

Canucks did the same when they said Hodgson and Schroeder were untouchable for anyone that could have helped the Sedin era.

Sometimes I think posters would rather have a roster full of shiny prospects than win an actual cup.
Oh I have no problem with rangers fans not wanting to trade schneider. I’ve been there myself as you mentioned for the Canucks. I was one of if not the first Canucks fan to accept that and try to come up with other proposals with miller going to nyr without any of the pieces nyr fans said are untouchable coming back

I’m just pointing out the disingenuity of acting as if it seldom happens when prospects of Schneider’s caliber get moved almost anytime a star becomes available. As I said, don’t even have to look more than 4 months back to last see when that happened.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Cost on Horvat/Miller to NYR? I get both have different values but I don’t see how Vancouver keeps them both with EP40 there as well

Horvat for Lundkvist+1st+2nd?

Miller for ???

Schneider and Kakko are off limits.
Since good prospects are off limits by everyone on HF Boards fans i would suggest maybe people should just be offering draft picks.

As hard is it is to imagine trading away blue chips its equally as hard imagining trading quality players for prospects who are tracking poorly or tracking well but are not blue chips.

For
Miller and Horvat 2 first rounders + a contracted player that isn't useless
Garland a 1st and a 2nd
Boeser 1st and a 3rd
Pearson 2nd
Myers 2nd
Motte 3rd
Schenn 3rd

of course these would be to teams not in the top10 of the draft or that would change the valuations

Reactions: Canuck Luck

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Would love Horvat on the isles.
What would you offer? Is C really a need with JPG, Barzal?

Wahlstrom, Raty, 2022 1st, Wilde, Bellows, Mayfield would all be really solid pieces to build a package around.

Or could we please have Dobson straight up?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, I might as well make these proposals here...............

Miller @ 50% to Washintgon for Hendrix Lapierre + Washington's 2022 -1st + Vincent Iorio + Winnipeg's 2022-2nd
Miller to Washington................for Hendrix Lapierre + Vincent Iorio + Winnipeg's 2022-2nd

--------------------

Horvat to Detroit.......................for Filip Hronek + Detroit's 2022-1st + Detroit's 2022-2nd
Horvat To Columbus.................for Chicago's 2022-1st + Corson Cleulemans/Kent Johnson

---------------------

Boeser/Garland to LA...............................for LA's 2022-1st + Durzi/Spencer/Faber

---------------------

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Did you just start following hockey with no knowledge of what happened prior to 2022 Or do you have the memory of a goldfish? You don’t have to look far back in history to find a prospect of Schneider’s level that’s been traded.

the most recent is not even 4 months ago when Peyton krebs was traded. There’s also suzuki, brannstorm etc

Yes to get u have to give but rarely do you see Centers or RHD go.....Schneider is too good to trade more all around top defenseman that's why they want to deal Lunqvist but he is a good prospect but not what Vancouver imo really wants as he is not physical like Schneider

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
As an outsider looking in no idea why the Nucks are going scorched earth unless the room has become toxic. They need to improve their D and add some depth up front, not insurmountable through FA, but trading mostly young players that fit your window is making more holes than you’ll ever fill.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Yes to get u have to give but rarely do you see Centers or RHD go
All but 1 of the examples I gave are C or RHD

Centers:
Krebs, Suzuki

RHD:
Boqvist

I came up with these off the top of my head without looking back for examples. If 3 of the 4 most recent examples I could think of were these positions, if there were more than 4 trades in the last few years with star players, there are probably more

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Well, I might as well make these proposals here...............

Miller @ 50% to Washintgon for Hendrix Lapierre + Washington's 2022 -1st + Vincent Iorio + Winnipeg's 2022-2nd
Miller to Washington................for Hendrix Lapierre + Vincent Iorio + Winnipeg's 2022-2nd

--------------------

Horvat to Detroit.......................for Filip Hronek + Detroit's 2022-1st + Detroit's 2022-2nd
Horvat To Columbus.................for Chicago's 2022-1st + Corson Cleulemans/Kent Johnson

---------------------

Boeser/Garland to LA...............................for LA's 2022-1st + Durzi/Spencer/Faber

---------------------

Canucks want cap space, I dont think they are interested in retaining 50% on Miller and getting with 2.6 Mil dead cap next year.

I dont think they need to do that either unless it significantly ups the return which in your proposal it does not with only a 1st 2nd Lapierre, Iorio.

If they wait until off-season then there will be plenty of teams that can afford Miller at 5.2 mil.

Other trade's seem spot on, except i dont see DEtroit trading away a lottery pick for Horvat. Maybe though if they feel he is a centre piece of their core along with Seider

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
All but 1 of the examples I gave are C or RHD

Centers:
Krebs, Suzuki

RHD:
Boqvist

I came up with these off the top of my head without looking back for examples. If 3 of the 4 most recent examples I could think of were these positions, if there were more than 4 trades in the last few years with star players, there are probably more

Those are rare and Boqvist isn't Schneider....Krebs was a center I thought he might still end up at wing for a center in Eichel who was hurt.....Vegas by trading Suzuki left them thin at center...Hence the Eichel trade

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rutherford is going to run that team into the ground. They have a nice core, no need to make so many earth shattering moves

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Didn’t Petterson sign a 3 year contract because he wanted to win? Do Nucks fans have confidence in JR to put together a good enough team by summer 2024 to convince him to sign long term?

I would assume you’d rather have young players as opposed to picks. Or maybe lateral to veteran help in positional needs?

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Love to hear how schneider is a better prospect than any of those players were at the time of the trade especially suzuki who was considered at worst a top 10 prospect by most at the time of the trade There’s also boqvist and many more.

feel like for the most part front office sentiment and media scout opinions is generally similar but been made pretty clear schneider is coveted by front offices whereas most scouting services have him at least a tier below. not hard to figure out why that is, but makes it tougher for me at least if youre trying to make value comparisons since front offices dont publish prospect rankings or evaluations. would definitely put him above brannstrom, not sure on the other two. id think theres probably a case to be made esp depending on need in a trade for him vs the other two. i wouldnt argue with anyone taking either over schneider either though. ill give him this, hes been very impressive jumping into the nhl at his age. we used to be in the market for a bottom pair d.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Those are rare and Boqvist isn't Schneider....Krebs was a center I thought he might still end up at wing for a center in Eichel who was hurt.....Vegas by trading Suzuki left them thin at center...Hence the Eichel trade
No idea by what you are trying to say by saying Boqvist isnt Schneider. Of course he's not, thats why his name is Boqvist. Schnieder isnt Boqvist? whats your point? Both are RHD.

Krebs and Suzuki are both C. Just because you think Krebs may end up on the wing eventually doesn't mean he will. Also what does who they were traded for have to do with their positions? Your point was C and RHD prospects are rarely traded was it not? The only player out of my example that doesn't fit the criteria was Brannstrom.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad