GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 7 | PIT @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Of course this is preseason and things aren't ramped up yet but I do like some of the on ice things I'm seeing already. Some guys look a lot better on the ice physically and the guys are working hard, looks like we may have a forecheck this year. I know the overall standings probably won't be great this year but I still think it can and will be an overall positive season in many regards for the future

AnonCommentary

Jun 4, 2024
Anyone have a report on how Jiricek looked?
I thought good actually but imo I can still see his skating is going to cause some issues for him. He’s using his reach though. Had a play tonight behind the net where broke it up well. Not the first time he’s done it this preseason either which is good to see. Still taking some risky pinches but I haven’t seen any awful rushes the other way when he’s doing it. Had a nicely timed pinch in the 2nd where he got the puck and turned it into a 2 on 1 for us. Gotten a few shots to the net from the point. He and Matey had a nice passing play to Kuraly who just shot an absolute muffin. The nice thing about Mateychuk being with him is I think they have a lot of familiarity together so they were able to really build off one another. The stats Jeff Svoboda posted earlier are reflective of that. It’s not the final product of Jiricek but it was a good thing to see. Hopefully it serves as a starting block for him to improve consistently.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of course this is preseason and things aren't ramped up yet but I do like some of the on ice things I'm seeing already. Some guys look a lot better on the ice physically and the guys are working hard, looks like we may have a forecheck this year. I know the overall standings probably won't be great this year but I still think it can and will be an overall positive season in many regards for the future

A two-man forecheck is infinitely more fun to watch than a one-man. A one-man is just playing pretend.

Reactions: puckgoalnet

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Hi, Blues fan coming in peace. I didn't know where else to put this, but I was just wondering what you guys think your starting lineup will look like come game 1 of the regular season. Assume everyone's healthy.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Hi, Blues fan coming in peace. I didn't know where else to put this, but I was just wondering what you guys think your starting lineup will look like come game 1 of the regular season. Assume everyone's healthy.
If you want a roster, look at the post right above yours (add Gudbranson and probably Jordan Harris). If you want lines, I am still not confident they are set.

I don't love the Jenner-Monahan-Marchenko top line that has been pushed during the pre-season. That line needs more playmaking so I prefer...

1) Kent Johnson - Monahan - Marchenko (KJ is the only guy with the skillset to complement Money and Marchy)
2) Fantilli centering two guys (I prefer JvR - Mo - Chinny)
3) Sillinger centering two guys (I prefer Boone - Silly - Vronk) Really I prefer Vronk in the middle...but whatever.
4) Pyyhtia - Kuraly - Olivier

My guess is Boone and JvR could swap so there are two guys who can take face-offs on the two middle lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
If you want a roster, look at the post right above yours (add Gudbranson and probably Jordan Harris). If you want lines, I am still not confident they are set.

I don't love the Jenner-Monahan-Marchenko top line that has been pushed during the pre-season. That line needs more playmaking so I prefer...

1) Kent Johnson - Monahan - Marchenko (KJ is the only guy with the skillset to complement Money and Marchy)
2) Fantilli centering two guys (I prefer JvR - Mo - Chinny)
3) Sillinger centering two guys (I prefer Boone - Silly - Vronk) Really I prefer Vronk in the middle...but whatever.
4) Pyyhtia - Kuraly - Olivier

My guess is Boone and JvR could swap so there are two guys who can take face-offs on the two middle lines.
I would swap Jenner and JVR in this alignment. Otherwise, I think the only question mark is 4th line LW. Could be Pythia, or O. Sillinger or Gambrell. D could also include Harris and/or Mateychuk.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I would swap Jenner and JVR in this alignment. Otherwise, I think the only question mark is 4th line LW. Could be Pythia, or O. Sillinger or Gambrell. D could also include Harris and/or Mateychuk.
I agree JvR and Boone could easily swap.

I assume Harris cannot be sent down without passing through waivers and doubt GMDW will risk it so either he finds a trading partner or Harris makes the roster as a 6-8.

I could see any of those three being on the fourth line until Danforth is ready. I have not really noticed Gambrell but Pyythia and O Sillinger have looked capable of playing fourth line minutes. My assumption is that Pyythia has the inside track since he’s in this particular lineup tonight of all NHLers and O-Silly and Gambrell are not.

Reactions: Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad